What's new

Please tell your current city and duration of power cuts

@MohitV

Before u start calling Jaipur a Clean city, Have u ever compared our Muncipal cleaning system with any other city like Ahemdabad or Chandigarh????

Even the all weather roads on flyovers have developed pit holes.

The Banipark to Chadpole road is being converted into a Bumpy Cemented Road.

The BRTS is pretty much useless.

The Metro was expected to start by June 2013(if i rem correctly even this is an extended date) n it won't start before 2014.(while the same DMRC completed the Delhi Metro before time.)

The Mono rail project has been called off due lack of bidders.

I still don't see buildings higher than 10 floors even after having a population close to 4 million.

Hell even the Railway tracks r not electrified n we r still stuck with those desiel engines n even the Delhi-Jaipur highways is no where close to completion.

Sorry bro i don't see much development anywhere around if u compare it with our neighbouring states.

well u might be right.......

even i felt the same when i was in jaipur till my 12th....but when i left that city for my further studies and came here to ahmedabad i realised that yeah jaipur has changed a lot though not like ahmedabad or chandigarh....but yeah it has changed a lot...

...there are no high rises in jaipur though we are 4 million bcoz our population is still quite less as compared to even ahmedabad or surat....

...n trust me roads are the same everywhere...

....and please dont call ahmedabad a clean city as i am living over here ryt now n its hell bad only the outers are developed though the developed parts are awesome over here must say

and about electrified railway line....wo to lagta hai guv. bhul hi gyi hai :D

monorail not needed...even metro was not needed as according to the standards our population is quite less to have metro services

ring road and delhi jaipur high are almost completed though they are taking time as these r some of the most busiest routes in india

n yeah BRTS is useless in our city :D ....

but the living standard of our city is much much btr than that of ahmedabad

and come on yaar its rajasthan...it will take time to develop...as mentality of people has to change...more power is needed...btr roads are needed...water is needed...other states dun wanna give us water....but still after all this atleast one of our city(jaipur) is in the list of top ten developing cities of india(no. 8)....

......by the way where do u live in jaipur ???

Last edited by a moderator:
well u might be right.......

even i felt the same when i was in jaipur till my 12th....but when i left that city for my further studies and came here to ahmedabad i realised that yeah jaipur has changed a lot though not like ahmedabad or chandigarh....but yeah it has changed a lot...

...there are no high rises in jaipur though we are 4 million bcoz our population is still quite less as compared to even ahmedabad or surat....

...n trust me roads are the same everywhere...

....and please dont call ahmedabad a clean city as i am living over here ryt now n its hell bad only the outers are developed though the developed parts are awesome over here must say

and about electrified railway line....wo to lagta hai guv. bhul hi gyi hai :D

monorail not needed...even metro was not needed as according to the standards our population is quite less to have metro services

ring road and delhi jaipur high are almost completed though they are taking time as these r some of the most busiest routes in india

n yeah BRTS is useless in our city :D ....

but the living standard of our city is much much btr than that of ahmedabad

and come on yaar its rajasthan...it will take time to develop...as mentality of people has to change...more power is needed...btr roads are needed...water is needed...other states dun wanna give us water....but still after all this atleast one of our city(jaipur) is in the list of top ten developing cities of india(no. 8)....

......by the way where do u live in jaipur ???

Yeh thats true even after all that crap that i posted, i still love Jaipur like hell n no other city can replace it for me.

Btw i too, a big fan of Devo ke Dev...lol

N no private details on Public forum dear...:D

Yeh thats true even after all that crap that i posted, i still love Jaipur like hell n no other city can replace it for me.

Btw i too, a big fan of Devo ke Dev...lol

N no private details on Public forum dear...:D

well its alryt....n no i havnt even seen devo ke dev mahadev even once.......but i find this guy awesome watever his name is....he makes me hit the gym ryt now.....but i dunno when will that happn :(

Ah idk bro ...
@Talon sorry sis .. i might have offended you.

Nahh you didnt...I was just a little confused ...then again differences in district might be the case...maybe he is from a different area..

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India Powercut barely 30 minutes in this season and that too during heavy rains

#Condition is hell lot better than other cities!!! :partay:

City: Bangalore
Area: Outer Ring Road
Outage: 0 Hours
(now)
(summer):0 Hours (well am protected by 2 level power redundancy so never knew when power went off :azn:)

Interestingly, BESCOM is now giving advanced SMS alerts for any power outage based on your area and connection! That is pretty cool

City=lahore
outage= don't know we have a generator

I am from a small village in bihar. We got electricity connection few year back.We are regularly getting 6-8 hour electricity/day. Everyone is happy with this as something is better than nothing. Most amazing part is the electricity bill , which is fixed @ 75 INR/month per house.
:undecided:

Well since you guys are going to be electricity surplus soon, I guess you don't need it anymore :p

Is there is anyone from 3rd tier cities and villages or visits them regularly. Please update and share your experience.

I am from a small village in bihar. We got electricity connection few year back.We are regularly getting 6-8 hour electricity/day. Everyone is happy with this as something is better than nothing. Most amazing part is the electricity bill , which is fixed @ 75 INR/month per house.
:undecided:

Wow India is one weird country. Every state has its own power policies. I wish one day we can have a policy called "Power for all" or "Right to have electricity"

Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India Powercut barely 30 minutes in this season and that too during heavy rains

#Condition is hell lot better than other cities!!! :partay:
man.. somebody said .. I think 'i am not geek' that you get lot of power cuts.. in kanpur and lucknow.. and all over UP?

Wow India is one weird country. Every state has its own power policies. I wish one day we can have a policy called "Power for all" or "Right to have electricity"

because each state has its own electricity boards.. we sell electricity to each other.. :lol:

Thanks for the input. Although I must say that Karachi is the economic capital of Pakistan, it should be supplied with 24/7 supply. This is drastic for the economy of Pakistan.

There was a time...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom