What's new

PM and Army worried about Afghanistan while Karachi?

It's common knowledge Bhai.

...When the Punjab emerged as the granary of India in the 1890s, Karachi became the region’s principal outlet. By 1914 it had become the largest grain exporting port of the British Empire.

After World War I, manufacturing and service industries were installed. By 1924 an aerodrome had been built, and Karachi became the main airport of entry to India. The city became the provincial capital of Sindh in 1936....

I am interested in knowing what industries were existing in Karachi before 1947

I know it was a busy port thanks to world wars. I am interested in knowing the manufacturing industries that existed in Karachi before 1947

Please share that

Well Muhajirs were far more educated and skilled too as compared to Sindhis. So obviously they had a lion's share in the government

Liaquat Ali Khan couldn't give government jobs to someone from Larkana or Sukkur because of obvious lack of education and ability

There is a reason no one from Larkana ever became COAS of Pakistan while it had COAS who was born in Azamgarh

So, quota system is acceptable only as long as it gives disproportionately huge representation to Mohajirs but it becomes unacceptable when it protects proportionate representation of Sindhis??

You can't have it both ways ..

I know it was a busy port thanks to world wars. I am interested in knowing the manufacturing industries that existed in Karachi before 1947

Please share that

Okay .. in a while

So, quota system is acceptable only as long as it gives disproportionately huge representation to Mohajirs but it becomes unacceptable when it protects proportionate representation of Sindhis??

You can't have it both ways ..

I am just saying that Muhajirs got more because they were competent. Doesn't apply to quota system today that is only brining in corrupt and incompetent to the system

I am just saying that Muhajirs got more because they were competent. Doesn't apply to quota system today that is only brining in corrupt and incompetent to the system

Yes, quota system is wrong now, and it was wrong back then as it helped Mohajirs dominate the government sector.

Also, as you say that Mohajirs were better educated than Sindhis back then, a claim I am inclined to agree with, but then why did they need a quota system to get jobs? Were they not competent enough already to get government jobs on open merit based on their skills and education?. .. I believe, Liaquat Ali, a Urdu speaking migrant himself, wanted to build a strong vote bank in Karachi .. He wanted Urdu speakers to dominate and control Karachi, the center of power. PPP is doing exactly the same by promoting Sindhis

Yes, quota system is wrong now, and it was wrong back then as it helped Mohajirs dominate the government sector.

Also, as you say that Mohajirs were better educated than Sindhis back then, a claim I am inclined to agree with, but then why did they need a quota system to get jobs? Were they not competent enough already to get government jobs on open merit based on their skills and education?. .. I believe, Liaquat Ali, a Urdu speaking migrant himself, wanted to build a strong vote bank in Karachi .. He wanted Urdu speakers to dominate and control Karachi, the center of power. PPP is doing exactly the same by promoting Sindhis

Mohajirs are better education than Sindhis even today too not just then

As for quota at that time. It might be to help people who left their jobs and earnings back in India to help them settle in the new adopted home

In any case that quota might be ethically wrong but only helped Pakistan with more educated and competent people were made part of the system unlike today when corrupt, uneducated or poorly educated people are made part of the system who help Sindh government to be most corrupt and incompetent government in Pakistan

:rofl: :rofl:

@Goritoes Halat dekho in logon ki

Please do share source for all the above

Thank You
They are clueless about the ground situation of Karachi to say the least. You see them commenting on situation in Karachi when none of them ever set foot in Karachi, mere chacha rehte hai, mere uncle ne bataya tha, mere abbu ke pardosi ki dosri biwi ke sath hua tha etc etc... ab tu ese logo se debate kerne ka bhi dil nai chahta.

Karachi was British India's largest grain exporting port in the early 20th century as well as the busiest airport in British India. Karachi, the capital of Sindh with almost half a million population, was already a developed industrial city when it was made the capital of Pakistan in 1947. This made Karachi a preferred destination for the urban class migrants from North India. It was not some fishing village developed by Mohajirs post 1947 ... Karachi's development was more the "cause" of Mohajirs settling there than the "consequence"..
bhai tu kia jaan lo gay ? no one has stopped people from coming to Karachi, first they imposed Quota system but things went decent after Mushrraf took power, I've explained this a lot of times it was the PPPP which pitched brother against brother, MQM was a pawn just as ANP... and everything was overlooked by none other than Establishment which thrive on chaos.
the cry of Karachi is that first no one is hearing them, no one representing them, and no one is even talking about them, our PM is more concerned about Afghanis than Pakistani's, PPPP has taken over almost every govt office and did not let urdu speaking people to get in higher positions, that is why many of them are leaving for either Middle east or Western countries.

Almost 3 decades since Sindh Rangers has been posted in Karachi.

Anti State / terrorist / Indian sponsored political party of the city / urban sindh is finished since half a decade but still crime hasn't decreased ?

Thousands of Personal of Sindh Rangers deployed in the city ,and billions of rupees spent annually. Still the crime and security in the city hasn't improved but is deteriorating every single day.

18th Amendment is one thing, BUT All the officers of the Sindh Rangers are posted / appointed from Pakistan Army.

So, How the HELL IS THE INSTITUTE OR COAS IN PARTICULAR NOT ANSWERABLE TO PEOPLE OF KARACHI and take responsibility of the worst security in Karachi?

Lmao ... You guys are so naive.

Rangers is involved in criminal activities. If you lived here , you would know.
Plz shed light on this adjective.

What's the reason that over 90% of science scholarships not some Munshi/ fine arts disciplines are secured by these backwards by competing on open merit?

What a stupid metric. Name me one famous world renowned scientist produced by these so called scholarships.... Bheek par pal kar bhi kuch hasil nahi kiya ....

Why hasn't these scholarships turned these backward areas into utopia.....Ana to khi hi noukri ke liye....

Besides we are only 6-7% of the population vs 92-93% of backwards...... We don't have child raping cities like kasur , nor we do have head cutting bacha baaz like in KPK and nor do we kill people on other ethnicities on the basis of langauge like in Balochistan.....

Despite being 6% of the pop and being held back by these backwards , we did achieve disproportionate success , with absolutely no thanks to backward racist folks.....

The andhay lulay are supporting economy because of the location. Not because they are some great philanthropists. Neither its Karachi's own money only. Karachi gets money and investment from all of the Pakistan. Its the port city.
Lol, majority of karachi economy is based in karachi. Here in America I see so many products from Pakistan from karachi, followed by punjab in the far and hardly anything from rest of the provinces and territories.

What goes around comes around, bro

Mohajirs, in the early years, had 20% quota in civil services despite the fact that they made up almost 5% of the population only. Thanks to Liaquat Ali Khan Sb

Agreed though, Quota system needs to be abolished

Because unlike Paindu native , muhajirs were very well educated and were needed to run the country.

Please share that
punjabi boys ney 47 sey pehlay dhoop sukhanay ki factory lagaye howi thi Karachi may "Mohajirs" ney aakeh punjabi boys ki cotton istaimal ki aur textile factories laga li!

idiot "Mohajirs" dhoop sukhatay rehtay aur bull sey hull chalatay rehtay!

They are clueless about the ground situation of Karachi to say the least. You see them commenting on situation in Karachi when none of them ever set foot in Karachi, mere chacha rehte hai, mere uncle ne bataya tha, mere abbu ke pardosi ki dosri biwi ke sath hua tha etc etc... ab tu ese logo se debate kerne ka bhi dil nai chahta.

bhai tu kia jaan lo gay ? no one has stopped people from coming to Karachi, first they imposed Quota system but things went decent after Mushrraf took power, I've explained this a lot of times it was the PPPP which pitched brother against brother, MQM was a pawn just as ANP... and everything was overlooked by none other than Establishment which thrive on chaos.
the cry of Karachi is that first no one is hearing them, no one representing them, and no one is even talking about them, our PM is more concerned about Afghanis than Pakistani's, PPPP has taken over almost every govt office and did not let urdu speaking people to get in higher positions, that is why many of them are leaving for either Middle east or Western countries.
hamaray bootlicker punjabi boy ka kabhi ph snatcher say wasta nai para na ya kabhi in keh 1 saal keh bachay kissi maderchod ney gun rukh keh mobile nai manga na! toh ya woke bukwas shouq say kar saktay hain!

chotya hai ya qoum inko aim bhagwan day do usko chaat tay rahay gey aur bhagwan in ki naslon ko loot keh nikal jai ga!

What a stupid metric. Name me one famous world renowned scientist produced by these so called scholarships.... Bheek par pal kar bhi kuch hasil nahi kiya ....

Why hasn't these scholarships turned these backward areas into utopia.....Ana to khi hi noukri ke liye....

Besides we are only 6-7% of the population vs 92-93% of backwards...... We don't have child raping cities like kasur , nor we do have head cutting bacha baaz like in KPK and nor do we kill people on other ethnicities on the basis of langauge like in Balochistan.....

Despite being 6% of the pop and being held back by these backwards , we did achieve disproportionate success , with absolutely no thanks to backward racist folks.....
only the so called "Mohajir" could give these supreme punjabis nuclear bomb!

itnay ya purhay likhay hota ajj Muhajir ko nuclear bomb na banna keh dauna parta inko!

As I have said before

Boys born in Delhi and Azamgarh became army chief in Pakistan

Boys born in Bombay and Farrukhabad became airchiefs in Pakistan

Boys born in Hyderabad Deccan became Naval Chief in Pakistan and that too twice

But no army chief, air chief and naval chief came from Nawabshah, Larkana, Sukkar, Dadu, Khairpur etc etc

Bhopal and Hyderabad Deccan provided nuclear scientists but no nuclear scientist came from Larkana or Nawabshah or Sukkar

What is the reason? That reason would answer a lot of issues related to Karachi and Pakistan

Because unlike Paindu native , muhajirs were very well educated and were needed to run the country.

Your pride is getting the best of you .

only the so called "Mohajir" could give these supreme punjabis nuclear bomb!

itnay ya purhay likhay hota ajj Muhajir ko nuclear bomb na banna keh dauna parta inko!

Written test clear kr lo ustaad mohtram bamb bnay bri dyr ho gy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom