What's new

PM hopes secular people will take nation ahead

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
PM hopes secular people will take nation ahead

Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS)

2012-10-23_bss-41_599496.jpg

DHAKA, Oct 23, 2012 (BSS)- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today expressed her firm optimism that secular people of Bangladesh will take the country towards peace and prosperity through joint efforts the way they earned the nation's freedom in 1971.

She said Bangladesh is identified as a secular country around the world. "We want to maintain it so that everyone irrespective of religious faith or sectoral identity can enjoy all social, political and religious rights and contribute to national development."

The Prime Minister said this while addressing the devotees during her visit to Dhakeswari National Temple and Dhaka Ramkrishna Mission here marking the Durga Puja, the largest religious festival of the Bengali Hindu community.

"The unique feature of our religious harmony is that people of this country celebrate Eid, Puja, Christmas, Buddha Purnima and Pahela Boishak with much enthusiasm and participation of the cross section of people of all religions," she said.

Saying that communal harmony and strong democracy are the foremost requisites for country's progress, Sheikh Hasina said her government has taken steps for ensuring political, social and all constitutional rights of people as well as their economic emancipation aimed at making a prosperous country.

"Religion is a matter of individual but the festivals are for all," the Prime Minister observed saying, "It's the great achievement of Bengali people."

As the Prime Minister arrived in Dhakeswari National Temple, leaders of Bangladesh Puja Udjapan Parishad and Mohanagar Sarbojanin Puja Committee received her.

Minister Suranjit Sengupta, President of Bangladesh Puja Udjapan Parishad Kanutosh Majumder, Secretary Monindra Kumar Nath, chief advisor C R Dutta, President of Mohanagar Sarbojanin Puja Committee Basudev Dhar and General Secretary Nirmal Chatterjee spoke among others.

Home Minister Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir was present on the occasion.

From Dhakeswari Temple, the Prime Minister went to Dhaka Ramkrishna Math O Mission in Gopibag. Principal of the Mission Swami Ameyananda Moharaj received the Prime Minister on her arrival there.

The Prime Minister said, "We believe that people are above all and they will be able to live with all status of a human being. We want to create an atmosphere where their all rights would be preserved."

She said, Islam also has guaranteed rights of people of other religions to observe their religious rites. "So we want no more clash, terrorism, militancy in Bangladesh. We want to build Bangladesh as a peaceful abode in South Asia."

Pointing out the myth on the arrival of goddess Durga this
year on Elephant and departure by Boat, the Prime Minister said,
"It symbolizes that the country will have abundant food
production this year for which we are striving after formation of
the government."

"We have ensured food security of people and Bangladesh with
the grace of the Almighty has become self sufficient in food
production," she said adding the country also achieved progress
in education, health and other sectors over the years despite
global economic recession.

She said, "We have earned freedom under the leadership of
Bangabandhu, and Inshallah, we will able to build Sonar Bangla as
dreamt by the Father of the Nation," she said.

She thanked the members of the Hindu community for celebrating the Durga Puja in around 28,000 mondops amidst festivity and said, "you have to keep it mind that you are living in the country with your all rights and that majority people of the country are very liberal."

Addressing the devotees at Ramkrishna Mission, the Prime Minister said that to make development sustainable, "we have to make democracy sustainable." The present government has taken steps to make democracy sustainable through amending the constitution, she said.

Sure in the short term basis. But when they will meet the wall at the end of path, there will be nothing from returning. Anything other than shariah will destroy, then again, you choose the lesser evil.

Now I've a question. In secular country, every one should able to practice in politics. If that so, then why Awami League wanted to ban muslim parties like Jamaat. Talk about hypocricy.

I've a question. Is Sheikh Hasina Hindu?

Sure in the short term basis. But when they will meet the wall at the end of path, there will be nothing from returning. Anything other than shariah will destroy, then again, you choose the lesser evil.

Since you guys are taught to view people as Muslim,Hindu,Christian and Jew and not as 'Human Beings' from Childhood...What can I say....Sigh!!

Maloon La-Hasina is murtid because she belives in Hindu goddess Durga.

Calling other Muslims a kafir is not very Islamic and it is mentioned our Holy book not to judge other people's belief's as only He can do it. Nonetheless, I don't think Sheikh Hasina is a Hindu rather playing according to the vote banks. If Khaleda Zia is so religious, why doesn't she wear a Niqab or even a humble burka? I have heard that SHeikh Hasina is far more relgig
I think most people forget that this people mostly play according to their vote banks rather than have any strong ideologies. Not that I disagree with the concept, but some people tend to take this idiots (our so called leaders) very seriously and at their words.

Do the Hindus in BD vote for BAL in a bloc? What is actual the percentage of Hindus in BD? I get different values, ranging from 9 to 15%.

So...why didn't your forces protect the Buddhist properties during the ensuing chaos Ms. Prime Minister?

Its more than Hasina, we should ask that to captain of awami fanboy club, how her worthless statement is worth any thread?

Back
Top Bottom