What's new

PM Imran Khan calls for removal of sanctions on Iran

Imran Khan never pass such type of statement without consulting COAS. And COAS knows the regional situation much better then govt. Before IK , Bajwa has noticed something. May be huge setup back on Kashmir cause.
May be recent visit from Erdogan , he whisper something in IK ear.

IK literally made that statement when he blasted Saudis a few weeks ago for blocking OIC Kashmir meeting

https://www.dawn.com/news/1532746

https://www.trtworld.com/asia/another-setback-for-pakistan-s-faltering-kashmir-stance-33584

https://timesofislamabad.com/06-Feb...-emergency-meeting-of-oic-on-occupied-kashmir

https://dailytimes.com.pk/553349/sa...pport-oic-ministers-meeting-on-kashmir-issue/

During the same time this was happening, Iran was one of the few countries that actually stood by Pakistan and observed Kashmir solidarity day. And FM Javad Zarif of Iran was the only country besides Turkey to condemn violence against Muslims in Delhi. Everyone else including Saudi and China were quiet and didn't say anything. IK realized that Iran and Turkey were the only countries that had the balls to stand up to India and he respected that. So he returned the favor by publicly advocating removal of sanctions on Iran. I think this is the first time a PM of Pakistan has backed Iran like this so it is a big deal.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/444906/Solidarity-observed-with-Kashmiris-in-Tehran

Thank You PM for your concern.

Kindly go back to working for the population residing inside Pakistan instead of the people that are nationals of other countries.

"Ghabrana nahi hai" just won't cut it.

Humanitarian aid in form of Masks,suits,ventilators e.t.c should be provided to Iran by other countries if they have the same in excess inventory.

However, Iran is also expected to pull back the IRGC proxies from other countries and spend the money on their own population instead of using the same to create mess in other countries. Otherwise the regime is just outright displaying its true priorities.

Moreover, PM IK needs to remember that the same regime that usually benefited from the $ coming in in lieu of religious tourism and has used Pakistanis in their proxy wars has outright dumped the same on our border leading to the corona mess that we have now.

So "Pakistan first" should be the strategy similar to how the Iranian regime thought about their countrymen first and dumped ours on the border.

People have very short memories to them a Statement from Irans FM and Supreme leader now suddenly makes Iran our Friend.

Should we forget what Iran has done since 90s against our interests. Their recruitment of our youth for their own nefarious purposes. Should we forget Yadave and RAWs Relationship with IRGC. Their open belligerence and threats against us. They are only saying these empty words because it serves them the moment it wont they will stab us in the back again.

Iran is a National security threat for Pakistan those who try to down play this fact are not sincere with this country and its People. Our interests do not align not in Afghanistan and not in the greater Middle east.

As for as IKs statement is concerned its justified under the circumstances Iran is suffering from a severe Epidemic it needs help and temporary lifting of sanctions are now a must other wise world will be complicit in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people who could be saved.

PS
Iranians should stop sending billions to Syria and control their Proxies in Iraq otherwise no one will be lifting any sanctions even if they want to.

People have very short memories to them a Statement from Irans FM and Supreme leader now suddenly makes Iran our Friend.

Should we forget what Iran has done since 90s against our interests. Their recruitment of our youth for their own nefarious purposes. Should we forget Yadave and RAWs Relationship with IRGC. Their open belligerence and threats against us. They are only saying these empty words because it serves them the moment it wont they will stab us in the back again.

Iran is a National security threat for Pakistan those who try to down play this fact are not sincere with this country and its People. Our interests do not align not in Afghanistan and not in the greater Middle east.

As for as IKs statement is concerned its justified under the circumstances Iran is suffering from a severe Epidemic it needs help and temporary lifting of sanctions are now a must other wise world will be complicit in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people who could be saved.

PS
Iranians should stop sending billions to Syria and control their Proxies in Iraq otherwise no one will be lifting any sanctions even if they want to.
Pakistan need to move wisely and resolve bilateral issue with talks. What list you have provided, when we talk in there forums, they also have similar long list against Pakistan. From killing of there whole embassy staff in Kabul in the hand of Taliban , mass murder of Iranian cadets in Pakistan to disturbance on there side of Baluchistan etc etc .... end of day, talk resolve the issue. It's American foreign policy motto ... we have no permanent friend and no permanent enemy, we protect our national interest .....simple and that's all.

Neighbours are neighbours and neighbours always come first. If Iran fails in this epidemic control the effect would spill over the border as well.

national interest
National Interest are supreme and when they are in conflict with some other international body (Be it Iran or Arabs) One expects the Citizens of their State to be completely loyal to their own cause not to the outsiders.

I dont care what my country has done to further its national interests at the cost of Iranians. Nations have to care about their Self interests. If something serves my country at the cost of Iran or some other country i will take it in a heart beat.

The real problem is that i have never seen an Iranians ever come to rescue of Pakistan when their interests clash with ours. While majority of my countrymen regardless of their sectarian Affiliation always jump to Iranian causes when it conflicts with our own . I have seen too much of these Knee Jerk Reactions. It doesnt matter whether they see Iran as some nation with cultural and Religious significance or they might see it as the last standing force against Israel and Americans in the region. In real world such justifications that we are sellouts and American boot lickers and Iran is the last man standing dont work. A Pakistani has to Stand behind his country and an Iranian has to behind his.

The fact of the matter is that these elements undermine our interests at the behest of a foreign power and there can be no justification for this.

Last edited:
Thank you Imran Khan & Pakistan it is very nice of him .. also his efforts to mediate btw Iran and Saudis which was refused by Saudis is appreciated too ..
I dunno why people over here use everything for their own political maneuvering? Turks open thread saying we wanna help but when we look at Iran policy we don't want .. some Pakistanis over here acting in this way too ...Well we appropriate your gesture but it's not helping and we are capable of managing ourselves ... no need for such a help.
I remember SL cried in a Friday prayer for Flood that took place in Pakistan back in 2010 and effected millions ... man we should have found excuses back then to not help:

Elsewhere in his speech, Ayatollah Khamenei referred to the issue of the flood in Pakistan and said that it is currently the most immediate issue of the Muslim world.
He expressed his sorrow for the pains suffered by the Muslim Pakistani nation and urged all Muslims of the world to help the grief-stricken people of Pakistan.
The Leader of the Islamic Revolution said that the aid given by the Iranian people and government to the flood-stricken people of Pakistan is insufficient and urged all Muslim government, nations, and organizations - including the Organization of the Islamic Conference -to rush to the aid of the people and government of Pakistan.

Also he released a message:

Honorable Muslim nations,
The extent of losses is so great that millions of our Muslim brothers and sisters are in urgent need of food, clothes and shelter. A large part of Pakistan's infrastructures has been destroyed. Unfortunately, international organizations have not properly fulfilled their duty to render services to the grief-stricken people of Pakistan. And this is a matter which is worthy of scrutiny in its own right.
Muslim brothers and sisters,
Whatever the amount of our aid, it is only a small drop compared to the large ocean of the needs of the flood-stricken people of Pakistan. However, in this critical situation, we should rush to the aid of our grief-stricken brothers and sisters on the basis of Islamic brotherhood. An important point which Islamic governments and international organizations should consider is that they should help the Pakistani government develop and carry out plans to deal with this tragedy, provide aid to the people, and to help cope with the immediate and long-term consequences of this tragedy. This is the case in as much as providing such large-scale relief operations is problematic for any country facing such an emergency situation.​
By the way I am 100% sure if it takes place again we do the same as we helped Qatar while its neighbors block it at the beginning of Ramadan, Turkey in middle of coup, we embrace Kuwaits despite helping Sadam when it was invaded, as we host 3.5~5 Million Afghans (due to destruction of their countries , by whom?) , our men blood shed on Iraqi soil to fight isis to help them liberate their lands, many of our sanctions are their due to our stance on Palestine issue and our support for them ... It's clear as day that nothing could justify american inhuman illegal sanctions against 85 people no matter how american wanna sugar-coat their own policy it's just as shity as trump thoughts ... but still I see people over here trying to make excuses for tyranny of these low life creatures I leave them alone with their own to think .. . We have God which is enough but always remember what Iranian philosopher Abu al-Hassan al-Kharaqani said:

"Whoever knocks on this door feed him and ask not of his faith for if he deserved a Soul from his Creator, he certainly deserves a loaf of bread from Abol-Hasan."
It's how we act dunno about others ...

Thank you Imran Khan & Pakistan it is very nice of him .. also his efforts to mediate btw Iran and Saudis which was refused by Saudis is appreciated too ..
I dunno why people over here use everything for their own political maneuvering? Turks open thread saying we wanna help but when we look at Iran policy we don't want .. some Pakistanis over here acting in this way too ...Well we appropriate your gesture but it's not helping and we are capable of managing ourselves ... no need for such a help.
I remember SL cried in a Friday prayer for Flood that took place in Pakistan back in 2010 and effected millions ... man we should have found excuses back then to not help:

Elsewhere in his speech, Ayatollah Khamenei referred to the issue of the flood in Pakistan and said that it is currently the most immediate issue of the Muslim world.
He expressed his sorrow for the pains suffered by the Muslim Pakistani nation and urged all Muslims of the world to help the grief-stricken people of Pakistan.
The Leader of the Islamic Revolution said that the aid given by the Iranian people and government to the flood-stricken people of Pakistan is insufficient and urged all Muslim government, nations, and organizations - including the Organization of the Islamic Conference -to rush to the aid of the people and government of Pakistan.

Also he released a message:

Honorable Muslim nations,
The extent of losses is so great that millions of our Muslim brothers and sisters are in urgent need of food, clothes and shelter. A large part of Pakistan's infrastructures has been destroyed. Unfortunately, international organizations have not properly fulfilled their duty to render services to the grief-stricken people of Pakistan. And this is a matter which is worthy of scrutiny in its own right.
Muslim brothers and sisters,
Whatever the amount of our aid, it is only a small drop compared to the large ocean of the needs of the flood-stricken people of Pakistan. However, in this critical situation, we should rush to the aid of our grief-stricken brothers and sisters on the basis of Islamic brotherhood. An important point which Islamic governments and international organizations should consider is that they should help the Pakistani government develop and carry out plans to deal with this tragedy, provide aid to the people, and to help cope with the immediate and long-term consequences of this tragedy. This is the case in as much as providing such large-scale relief operations is problematic for any country facing such an emergency situation.​
By the way I am 100% sure if it takes place again we do the same as we helped Qatar while its neighbors block it at the beginning of Ramadan, Turkey in middle of coup, we embrace Kuwaits despite helping Sadam when it was invaded, as we host 3.5~5 Million Afghans (due to destruction of their countries , by whom?) , our men blood shed on Iraqi soil to fight isis to help them liberate their lands, many of our sanctions are their due to our stance on Palestine issue and our support for them ... It's clear as day that nothing could justify american inhuman illegal sanctions against 85 people no matter how american wanna sugar-coat their own policy it's just as shity as trump thoughts ... but still I see people over here trying to make excuses for tyranny of these low life creatures I leave them alone with their own to think .. . We have God which is enough but always remember what Iranian philosopher Abu al-Hassan al-Kharaqani said:

"Whoever knocks on this door feed him and ask not of his faith for if he deserved a Soul from his Creator, he certainly deserves a loaf of bread from Abol-Hasan."
It's how we act dunno about others ...

Honestly speaking, Iran has done ton of damage to its relations with Pakistan. When it openly allowed Bharti Indian terrorists operate close to Pakistan border. And by top officials giving tons of threats and anti pakistan statements. If you look back, in the past pakistan was the only country which have more than 50 percent pro Iran population (close to 80 percent ) while India had about 9 percent of so.

To be frank, I love all Middle Eastern people including Iran and gulf but I dislike all Middle East govts including Iran and gulf. By gulf I mean ksa, UAE, Egypt, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait Oman etc etc. All are responsible for destruction of Muslim world.

Currently only Turkish and China have super pro Pakistan govts. None other.

P.S. Don't pay head to tons of slaves in this thread. We have many slaves who worship other govts and see things from sectarian prism. I see things using Pakistani prism and Pakistan govt policy is to have brotherly relations with entire Muslim world instead of falling for sectarian b@$t@rds.

not a fan of iranian regime and its policies, but i support humanity. Iran should be allowed to get whatever they require to handle carona.

Nope.

I don't mind sending humanitarian aid or air dropping supplies like masks etc.

Even as we speak, Iran is wasting money on regional wars and terrorism. Until such time as Iran has stopped wasting its own money on terrorism, they will not waste ours on it.

Chahbar is extremely small port, where 2 or 3 ships can accommodate , where Gawadar accomodate 40 to 50 ships at time. So, its pointless to compare. It not even feasible for Afghan trade, due to cost and time of transportation. I really don't understand why Pakistani talk about Chahbar port.

Indian terrorism comes from Chahbahar and Iran seems ok with it.

Prime Minister Imran Khan, in an interview with The Associated Press on Monday called for lifting of sanctions on Iran to enable it to combat coronavirus.

In a call for action from the international community, Prime Minister Imran Khan said it was time to end U.S. sanctions on Iran, where one of the worst coronavirus outbreaks in the world has unfolded.

Iran has struggled to respond in part because of crippling sanctions imposed by the Trump administration.

Khan further added that Iran is a “classic example” of a place where the humanitarian imperative to contain the outbreak outweighs political rivalries or economic dogmas.

The prime minister said he fears the new coronavirus will devastate the economies of developing nations and warned richer economies to prepare to write off the debts of the world’s poorer countries.

“It’s not just Pakistan. I would imagine the same in India, in the subcontinent, in African countries,” the prime minister said, referring to the virus, “If it spreads, we will all have problems with our health facilities. We just don’t have that capability. We just don’t have the resources.”

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/44...fting-sanctions-on-Iran-to-combat-coronavirus
He is absolutely right!!!!

IK is my man. Time to remove these stupid sanctions yet other countries get away.

Back
Top Bottom