What's new

PM Imran Khan likely to address nation soon

CJ has no business whatsoever with government appointments. They have assumed the role of executive.

The government's powers are limited, not absolute. The SC decides whether the government has acted within the powers conferred to it under the Constitution. Look at what happened in the UK recently and what the SC there did.

It also raises huge suspicions against the CJ for taking up the coas appointment at last minute.com when officially army chief was nominated back in August, it would have made more sense to take action more appropriately.

It's very simple tactic as I see it. First create mess and because of economy problem and media, awam will always blame govt and then wrap up to give message that look we solve the problem and we are working.

The current system is absolutely flawed, I am not too sure if a presidential system will serve the nation any better, but no harm in my opinion if it brings better results, The sitting CJ is a disgrace, he could have utilised his powers for other more important priorities.

Parliament system will lead to weak government, you can clearly see it on how British handle their Brexit deal.

Indonesia previously has merge this system but we change the system and use real presidential system after we become a democratic country. Our first Presidential election is in 2004, before that time we just elect parliament members.

What mistake? Just wording appointment or reapppintment? Where in world CJ act on wording just which even is out of his domain.

Person who filed petition willing to take back petition but CJ took Suomoto, where was he when sahiwal decision came out, even NS decision why not any SuoMoto.

Extension happened in past also.
Its all useless act by Court to become hero nothing else.

It's not out of his domain. The CJP has the authority to decide on constitutional matters such as this. On the other hand, for criminal matters such as Sahiwal, it acts as an appellant court. The issue is weak prosecutions--that's not really the judiciary's fault. Ideally, we should have an independent prosecutor like in the UK.

Parliament system will lead to weak government, you can clearly see it on how British handle their Brexit deal.

Indonesia previously has merge this system but we change the system and use real presidential system after we become a democratic country. Our first Presidential election is in 2004, before that time we just elect parliament members.

A weak government means stronger people. The UK has strong institutions and that's why it works. It works much better than the USA--where they're finding it impossible to remove Trump. Here, our quest for a strong government does not let our institutions strengthen. The strongest form of government is an absolute monarchy.

It's not out of his domain. The CJP has the authority to decide on constitutional matters such as this. On the other hand, for criminal matters such as Sahiwal, it acts as an appellant court. The issue is weak prosecutions--that's not really the judiciary's fault. Ideally, we should have an independent prosecutor like in the UK.

Well this is what Atizaz Hassan said he is senior lawyer and knows the law better than you and me.

i think ik may ask for referendum regarding gen bajwa extension or may impose emergency like what musharaf did in his address to nation
Imposing emergency is equal to aborgating the constitution and I think if there is no just cause it translates to treason. Gen. Bajwa is important, but not THAT important that the whole system will be wrapped up.

Well this is what Atizaz Hassan said he is senior lawyer and knows the law better than you and me.

Well this is the Supreme Court and they know the law better than Aitzaz Ahsan or anyone else.

i think ik may ask for referendum regarding gen bajwa extension or may impose emergency like what musharaf did in his address to nation
Lol. Why do you want such absurd things to happen?

A weak government means stronger people. The UK has strong institutions and that's why it works. It works much better than the USA--where they're finding it impossible to remove Trump. Here, our quest for a strong government does not let our institutions strengthen. The strongest form of government is an absolute monarchy.

Presidential system is not an absolute monarchy, you just exaggerate it. It will be find under a democratic system and parliament still has enough power since budget should be approved by them. You also need to limit President power just like in Indonesia and USA where only two period is allowed. While in parliament system you can have PM who rule the country more than 10 years just like Mahathir, Margaret Teacher, and Erdogan.

There is also a Constitutional Court that have power to impeach President. Indonesia also made one. The power of President will be stronger enough but not too strong like an authoritarian regime. Remember, we are discussing a system within a democratic political system.

74336645_718262191917629_5040610911786631168_o.jpg

CJ has no business whatsoever with government appointments. They have assumed the role of executive.

Yes he does. The SC has the authority to decide whether or not
Presidential system is not an absolute monarchy, you just exaggerate it. It will be find under a democratic system and parliament still has enough power since budget should be approved by them. You also need to limit President power just like in Indonesia and USA where only two period is allowed. While in parliament system you can have PM who rule the country more than 10 years just like Mahathir, Margaret Teacher, and Erdogan.

There is also a Constitutional Court that have power to impeach President. Indonesia also made one. The power of President will be stronger enough but not too strong as an authoritarian regime. Remember, we are discussing a system within a democratic political system.

All I'm saying is a presidential system of government desired in Pakistan is closer to an absolute monarchy than a parliamentary system. Pakistan should focus on strengthening institutions and not individuals. If we had institutions independent of political interference, we would not have been blighted by the corruption of Zardaris and Sharifs or the incompetence of IK.

Yes he does. The SC has the authority to decide whether or not

All I'm saying is a presidential system of government desired in Pakistan is closer to an absolute monarchy than a parliamentary system. Pakistan should focus on strengthening institutions and not individuals. If we had institutions independent of political interference, we would not have been blighted by the corruption of Zardaris and Sharifs or the incompetence of IK.

If corruption is the real problem, than you have to set up an independent anti corruption body just like Indonesian do after reformation. We are quite success on it. This is the best step to clean our institution. Give them good salary and right to tap any people.

https://www.u4.no/publications/an-e...t-a-comparison-with-the-philippines-ombudsman

How about local election ? Do you have this in Pakistan where governor and major are elected by people ?

The government's powers are limited, not absolute. The SC decides whether the government has acted within the powers conferred to it under the Constitution. Look at what happened in the UK recently and what the SC there did.
What happened in UK?
Irrespective of Brexit at UK, PM...
Appointment is executive prerogative. You need to understand difference between Legislative, Executive and Judiciary.
CJ is beyond line...

Thousands of cases pending for years and these haramkhor judges only interfere in matters of state/dam fund/reko diq. When will the people go into the courts and beat the crap out of these kanjars.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom