What's new

PML-N banks on a sectarian leader? ticket Given To Sipah Sahaba Supporter

aks18

Reaction score
PML-N banks on a sectarian leader?

By Kashif Hussain

LAHORE: Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) has issued a party ticket to Sardar Ebad Dogar, an alleged supporter of the banned Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan, to contest the general election from the NA-178 constituency, Khangarh, a tehsil in Muzaffargarh.
A hot debate about his candidature from the PML-N platform is budding on the social media, especially among the twitters.
Khangarh is considered the second most violent area after Jhang when it comes to sectarian violence or Shia-Sunni conflict. It is said that both Sunnis and Shias are dominant in this tehsil, so sectarian violence is obvious, especially in the presence of militant outfits. The Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan is one of the militant or sectarian outfits in the area, which is supporting hate crime.
Dogar is a prominent religious hardcore figure from southern Punjab, who gained media attention when he announced Rs 20 million head money for then Punjab governor Salmaan Taseer for voicing his support to Asia Masih, who was charged with blasphemy.
Due to his hate speeches and announcement of the head money, Dogar had been placed under house arrest on January 5, 2011, a day after the governor’s murder.
However, a close ally of Dogar told Daily Times that the financially strong leader was released soon after denying any involvement in the assassination, saying that his statement and announcement (regarding the head money) was just symbolic and a political stunt. The PML-N ticket holder will now face Nawabzada Iftikhar Ahmad Khan – a PPP ticket holder – and Jamshed Dasti.
Ebad Dogar is a former municipality chairman, a former tehsil nazim and also a former member of the JUI-F, led by Fazlur Rehman, who is known to have had sympathies for the Taliban. But Dogar’s affiliation with the Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan was an open secret, as he is considered a prominent supporter and leader of the banned outfit.
When this scribe contacted Dogar on his cell phone, he did not deny anything mentioned above, saying that he would not consider anyone, including himself, a Muslim and follower of Islam if he was not a ‘Sapahi of Sahaba’, and that he still wished to kill someone who was a blasphemer. About his arrest soon after the murder of the Punjab governor, he said there was no criminal charge against him, and the Election Commission of Pakistan had also approved his nomination papers.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

PML N Wants to Win Election on any cost and they are giving tickets too every GANDA ANDA

why u are posting it PML-N supporter will call u TROLL and PMLN basher.

Just laughing at symbol of foolishness...... Ok... Not doubt Ibad Dogar is openly supporter of SSP..... Is that criteria for which he should not have been given ticket of PML-N......???? Secodly Jamshed Dasti is more deobandi and SSP supporter than Ibad..... Why the fingers of media and my PTI brothers raise to PML-N..... Khan Garh is not a tehsil...... Anyways in that constituency , Jamshed Dasti will wipe out all contestors....... So if people of the area are in support of any ardent Religious worker .... No one should feel pain in a$$$$$$$

Please stop using the word militant. SSP is a terrorist outfit with ASWJ as its political face which lies in bed with the Sharif brothers and LEJ as its western operations wing.

Please stop using the word militant. SSP is a terrorist outfit with ASWJ as its political face which lies in bed with the Sharif brothers and LEJ as its western operations wing.

Yes and never use terrorist for TTP - which according to IK are proud Pakhtoons fighting bravely against foreign incursions.

Yes and never use terrorist for TTP - which according to IK are proud Pakhtoons fighting bravely against foreign incursions.

And,i think you just like other noonis are a pathological lair. IK has named and shamed Taliban on a number of occasions,unless you have just woke up from a hole. Lastly,the very fact that you chose to stay quiet and rant instead on my previous comment,will be taken as an admission of guilt.

Just laughing at symbol of foolishness...... Ok... Not doubt Ibad Dogar is openly supporter of SSP..... Is that criteria for which he should not have been given ticket of PML-N......???? Secodly Jamshed Dasti is more deobandi and SSP supporter than Ibad..... Why the fingers of media and my PTI brothers raise to PML-N..... Khan Garh is not a tehsil...... Anyways in that constituency , Jamshed Dasti will wipe out all contestors....... So if people of the area are in support of any ardent Religious worker .... No one should feel pain in a$$$$$$$

You have the knowledge that Ibad Dogar contesting the election on behalf of PML-N is a terrorist??????yet you go on to laugh at people asking why a political party is offering a ticket to a well known terrorist???

You have the knowledge that Ibad Dogar contesting the election on behalf of PML-N is a terrorist??????yet you go on to laugh at people asking why a political party is offering a ticket to a well known terrorist???

Dear .... Make your own mind clear for who are terrorist.......???...These are cheap rhetories....who is and who is not terrorist..... Out of topic..... I dont think either Ibad or jamshed Dasti terrorists.... They are main stream politicians who are eligible to contest in elections......

Dear .... Make your own mind clear for who are terrorist.......???...These are cheap rhetories....who is and who is not terrorist..... Out of topic..... I dont think either Ibad or jamshed Dasti terrorists.... They are main stream politicians who are eligible to contest in elections......

So you are a supporter of SSP and other terrorist organization.

Anybody who supports SSP shouldn't be eligible to vote. Was ECP sleeping?

So you are a supporter of SSP and other terrorist organization.

haha... Just a burlesque of laughter....... If I had been supporter of any group... I could have been said openly.... I am in favour of such politicians only... who can bring such ardent persons to normal course of thought......

Back
Top Bottom