What's new

PNS Azmat Class - Fast Attack Missile Craft | Updates & Discussions.

someone please expand this article in the wikipedia:
PNS Azmat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the F22Ps have inadequate air defence system I dont think they can last much long either in case of an intense confilct
Some points to consider:
- All F22P will have a SAM plus 2 gun CIWS, whereas with the ex-RN Type 21s just 3 have SAM but no CIWS (just regular 30mm AAA) and 3 have CIWS but no SAM.
- Inadequate compared to what? P25 Khukri and P25A Kora classes have only AK630/Manpads, yet serve in IN fleet formations. P16/16A have BARAK + AK230/AK630, which is fine for close in but not exactly good air defence either if/when operating alone, outside a fleet formation (which is what PN ships do routinely). While Batch 1 project 11356 combined Shtil with Kashtan CIWS, the batch 2 ships do no have Kashtan, just AK630: the remarks for P16/16A apply here too.
- The single carries operational with IN carries 16 Barak, a pair of AK230 and 2 Bofors 40. That too hardly qualifies as adequate air defence if ever she got caught with her SHARs away on mission.
- PN will - as much as possible - employ surface assets under cover of land based aviation.

Some points to consider:
- All F22P will have a SAM plus 2 gun CIWS, whereas with the ex-RN Type 21s just 3 have SAM but no CIWS (just regular 30mm AAA) and 3 have CIWS but no SAM.
- Inadequate compared to what? P25 Khukri and P25A Kora classes have only AK630/Manpads, yet serve in IN fleet formations. P16/16A have BARAK + AK230/AK630, which is fine for close in but not exactly good air defence either if/when operating alone, outside a fleet formation (which is what PN ships do routinely). While Batch 1 project 11356 combined Shtil with Kashtan CIWS, the batch 2 ships do no have Kashtan, just AK630: the remarks for P16/16A apply here too.
- The single carries operational with IN carries 16 Barak, a pair of AK230 and 2 Bofors 40. That too hardly qualifies as adequate air defence if ever she got caught with her SHARs away on mission.
- PN will - as much as possible - employ surface assets under cover of land based aviation.

Pakistan navy does not have a very terrifying air wing, IN has, so PN will be in far more trouble as compared to IN

I fail to see what a 3000 ton Freedom Class littoral combat ship, a 40+ kt semi-planing steel monohull design, has to do with the 560 ton Azmat class, whic does boaut 30. Really, shaping of the superstructure aside, there is no comparison, not even in the area of stealth.

Or you could have simple said "WRONG PIC" and saved yourself some time :D

Or you could have simple said "WRONG PIC" and saved yourself some time :D
Hey this is passtime for me, so why rush ;-)

Pakistan navy does not have a very terrifying air wing, IN has, so PN will be in far more trouble as compared to IN
There is no denying the asymmetry.
But so what?
Then no matter what you pack on how large a ship, you're doomed anyway.
End of discussion afaic.

(PN doesn't only exist to ward off IN, just as it is not IN sole task to hit on PN.)

Penguin

can you tell me how to download the latest article of warship technology? i cant find it from the website

The Royal Institution of Naval Architects -RINA

heres one from May issue

Thanks

Warship Technology May 2012 (Royal Institute of Naval Architects publication)

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...raft-missile-discussion-17.html#ixzz1zJdDpYv5

Warship Technology

I suppose next Jul/Aug 2012 issue isn't out/online yet.
Warship Technology Online

Some points to consider:

You are comparing 25 years old ships with Azmat that has been inducted recently. Those ships will be retired soon, but Azmat will not be. Hence, the armament should be adequate considering not only the present situation but future as well. Compare its armament with INS Teg & then tell what do you feel.

Don't know if you have seen these pictures of Azmat:

25_143211_f87bd91d5869e3b.jpg

25_143211_7fd33e40c1d57dd.jpg

to add to this, this is a "fast attack craft" meaning its fast, its more responsive and more manuverable, thus making is less suspectable to incoming antiship missiles who are ment for targetting rather slow moving or ideally stationary target. Thus i see little reason to see airdefence systems installed to the level of a destroyer, ACC or even a frigate.

I personally think its more of a roll out than induction ceremoney, the most i can think is that PN would be conducting sea trials after induction which makes little sense if approperiate infrastructure to support lacks at KSW. However, there is a parallal construction project going on in Karachi as well which could, at best, explain the reason of quick induction.

Well it doesent matter if its a destroyer or frigate, there should be some sort of point of air defence system installed.
You are spending 50 million on a project from which you will be expanding into further upgraded versions. So some sort of creativity is required to fullfill all the requirements of a advance well equipt offence and defence ship as currently it does not seem to be a complete package. It Would be great to see some sort of air defence on these boats such as RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile, or Phalanx CIWS or SAMS and chaffs to make it a well equipt ship in every aspect.......

Hey this is passtime for me, so why rush ;-)

There is no denying the asymmetry.
But so what?
Then no matter what you pack on how large a ship, you're doomed anyway.
End of discussion afaic.

(PN doesn't only exist to ward off IN, just as it is not IN sole task to hit on PN.)

Warship Technology

I suppose next Jul/Aug 2012 issue isn't out/online yet.
Warship Technology Online

the thing is that the radar range is 17km and search, track and engage range of system on F22P is 15km (though not a very big problem according to you since IN ships doesnt have a good SAM either)

and no one expanded the article, which was my original post

You are comparing 25 years old ships with Azmat that has been inducted recently. Those ships will be retired soon, but Azmat will not be. Hence, the armament should be adequate considering not only the present situation but future as well. Compare its armament with INS Teg & then tell what do you feel.

Only a MORON would compare a fast patrol boat (600 ton) to a frigate (4000 ton).... go away!

As for F22P versus pr. 11356 ...

3000t versus 4000t
76mm versus 100mm
8 C802 versus 8 brahmos
2 30mm ciws versus 2 ak630
15km Fm90 verus 35-50 km Shtil

mmmm , not that much of a difference when attacked by jets or subs with Harpoon class missiles....

What's the latest on the second craft to be built in Karachi? Any news on that?

Well it doesent matter if its a destroyer or frigate, there should be some sort of point of air defence system installed.
You are spending 50 million on a project from which you will be expanding into further upgraded versions. So some sort of creativity is required to fullfill all the requirements of a advance well equipt offence and defence ship as currently it does not seem to be a complete package. It Would be great to see some sort of air defence on these boats such as RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile, or Phalanx CIWS or SAMS and chaffs to make it a well equipt ship in every aspect.......

It has a CIWS, look at the picture from the rear.

Back
Top Bottom