What's new

PNS Azmat Class - Fast Attack Missile Craft | Updates & Discussions.

it looks like an air def system in last video at 1:25

I think they should have replaced the gun in the upper rear portion with Chinese RAM system:
scaled.php

Chinese%2BType%2B056%2BCorvette%2BUnder%2BConstruction%2Bciws%2Bc8023abc%2B602%2Bhhq9%2B16%2B7%2B10%2B%2525285%252529.jpg

FL-3000N-01.jpg

And in the back replace the single boat with two of them in the sides of the FAC and place CIWS in beam few feet above the FAC surface:
chinaCIWS.jpg

2010-StarboardQuarter3.jpg

I think they should have replaced the gun in the upper rear portion with Chinese RAM system:
scaled.php

Chinese%2BType%2B056%2BCorvette%2BUnder%2BConstruction%2Bciws%2Bc8023abc%2B602%2Bhhq9%2B16%2B7%2B10%2B%2525285%252529.jpg

FL-3000N-01.jpg

And in the back replace the single boat with two of them in the sides of the FAC and place CIWS in beam few feet above the FAC surface:
chinaCIWS.jpg

2010-StarboardQuarter3.jpg

paisa meray bhai paisa...jitna paisa do gy utna he maal milay ga na

and I just saw the Bangladesh LPC thread, it seems to be superior to Azmat in every way

and I just saw the Bangladesh LPC thread, it seems to be superior to Azmat in every way

Yeah! Thats for sure I think PN should have taken a right decision in 2000 that start up a JV with Chinese on three Surface combatants that will have multi mission Capability like Anti Air, Anti Surface and Anti Sub. And Done JV on:
3000-3300 Ton Frigate that will be similar to Type54A/LCS(US)
1500-1700 Ton Corvette
700 Ton FAC

This will be helpful for the PN as well as will have multi mission capability as well.

can you explain this part . in which feature and bit comparison

it has got some air defence capabilities, as well as anti sub capabilities, things that Azmat sadly lacks

Yeah! You are 100% right. I think BDs should have done JV with Chinese over the development of this FAC as well as a new 2100-2500 Corvette as well. Can anyone tell me that BDs are looking into U-214s??? Or not???

Yeah! You are 100% right. I think BDs should have done JV with Chinese over the development of this FAC as well as a new 2100-2500 Corvette as well. Can anyone tell me that BDs are looking into U-214s??? Or not???

the thing is that BD navy knows what it wants, and PN sometimes seems confused over its priorities

the thing is that BD navy knows what it wants, and PN sometimes seems confused over its priorities

Fact is, the BD Navy has good advisors, across its borders. Cant let our friends down, can we? :D

Isnt the whole point that pakistan will improve all these crafts up to the required including air defences in the coming years

Bangladesh wont be able to and is buying ready made

Pakistan is supposed to induct a number of crafts and then add what it requires

Its like the nasr missile, fast and accurate but with an intial range of 60km (i think) the point being however that pakistan will ensure the range is extended over the coming years

You mean THIS ONE? This is not a boat with missiles, am i right?
25_72972_39e1114e5b400e9.jpg

25_72972_9338259429534a6.jpg

i ALSO find a boat for The Republic of Namibia built by China recently, yes, all these boat are different:cheesy:
25_72972_ba30fda03846ab4.jpg

25_72972_604b712e31701a2.jpg

25_180000_e9dc2ae0e926227.jpg

25_180000_5310077122e9a03.jpg

25_72972_dd5dbe61f284e3c.jpg

112711sxpdmsxsm5mzsjqs.jpg.thumb.jpg

S0D20111206112007MT357762.jpg

http://www.inamibia.co.na/news/loca...ship-the-ns-elephant-docks-in-walvis-bay.html

The vessel arrived at the Port of Walvis Bay yesterday from China with 65 crew members on board.

The "Elephant" is equipped with a 37 millimetre naval gun and two 14,5milimetre twin barrel machine guns. It will replace the 'Lt General Dimo Hamaambo', decommissioned yesterday.

The Deputy Minister of Defence Lempy Lucas, who officially welcomed the 'Elephant', said the vessel was acquired from the ministry's budget.

Jane's Naval Construction and Retrofit Markets reports that the NS Elephant (S11) resembles an offshore patrol vessel built on a frigate hull. Chinese sources suggest that Elephant displaces 2500 tons and has a length of 100m, while photographs show that it resembles the 2580 ton, 110m Fisheries Law Enforcement Command patrol ship Yuzheng 310. The Elephant has a large helicopter deck, although there is apparently no hangar. A gun is mounted on the forecastle. Two large lifeboats are positioned amidships and there is a smaller boat on the starboard side and a crane on the port side.

The propulsion system includes at least two V16 diesel engines - reportedly Caterpillar units - as well as a bow thruster. Photographs on the Chinese internet showing a compartment with many bunks suggest that this vessel will also be used as a troop or passenger transport. The ship was built at the Wuhan Shipyard on the Yangtze River and introduces a sea-going, helicopter-operating capability to the service.

The vessel was reportedly formally handed over to the navy in late June 2012.

A Namibian crew has been in China training for the delivery of the ship. Sources reported that she currently has a small number of Chinese on board, possibly civilian dockworkers and inspectors.

Janes further reports the Namibian Maritime Wing (NMW) has for some time been embarked on a major procurement programme “with the primary aim of gaining the ability to exercise control over Namibia's EEZ.” Two Namacurra-class harbour patrol craft were donated by South Africa in 2002. Then, in 2004, Brazil donated a corvette belonging to the Imperial Marinheiro-class (Lt Gen Dimo Hamaambo, C11) to be used as a coastal patrol ship, Janes adds. Following a 2003 agreement between the Brazilian and Namibian governments, the NMW took delivery of a 46.5m coastal patrol craft in January 2009. Based on Brazil's Grajaú-class large patrol craft, NS Brendan Simbwaye (P11) was acquired under a programme managed by Empresa Gerencial de Projectos Navais, which was also be responsible for weapon systems integration and in-service logistic support. The 217-tonne vessel was ordered by Namibia in June 2004, along with four 20.9 m aluminium fast patrol craft for coastal surveillance and protection.

Deliveries of the first two fast patrol craft were expected in 2010 and the second pair in 2011, although no confirmation has yet emerged, Janes adds. “However, it is known that construction of the four new craft began once the patrol ship Brendan Simbwaye was completed in 2009.No modernisation plans have been announced for the older parts of the NMW. It is believed that the current patrol vessels, supplied from Norway, Denmark and South Africa will be decommissioned. This includes the 406 ton patrol boat NS Oryx (P01) and two 45 ton Marlin-class patrol craft Terrace Bay (HPB20) and Möwe Bay (HPB21).

The wing’s main tasks have been described by chief Rear Admiral Peter Vilho as being to (undertake)"appropriate naval operations in defence of the country, assisting the Ministry of Fisheries and Marine Resources with fisheries patrols, protecting offshore installations, protecting trade routes within the country's territorial waters and conducting search and rescue operations,” the Namibian newspaper reported.

Repeat: it is not a FAC proper but a patrol boat with missiles;
It will patrol in peace time (100%-x% of service life) while having a usefull capability for wartime (x% of service life). With x being kept as small a possible. How hard is it?

30kt on water is not slow. Veer class (Russian project 1241 Nato: Tarantul) of about the same size does 35 - 40 knots but has all GTu propulsion (i.e. lesser endurance: 1650 at 14 knots , operational autonomy for 10 days, with crew = 40-50 as compared to 12-14 sailors for Azmat)

Fast is Japan's Hayabusa class or Italy's Sparviero (both 46 kt). The former is 240 tons and the latter 60 tons.

PNS+AZMAT+Fast+Attack+Craft+%2528Missile%2529+Launched+SR60+radar+FAC+1031ee+8+C802A345+NAVY++%25282%2529.jpg

PNS+Azmat+Fast+Attack+Missile+Craft+(FAMC)+Pakistan+Navy+Chinese+People%E2%80%99s+Liberation+Army+(PLA)+chief+of+staff+of+a+maritime++East+China+Sea+Fleet+PLA+Navy+Ahmed.jpg

The should replace a single boat with two in the rear section of FAC and utilize the middle portion for an automated gun like this one:
mk-38-tactical-laser-system.jpg

chinaCIWS.jpg

chinaCIWS2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

China 's type 022 also use the same guns as AZMAT
1476414733.5212088.jpg

I think AZMAT should replace the front gun with this one which is used on type 056
224019yvtuipuvvw95y9o9.jpg

I think PN leadership is not confused at all: they know their priorities, e.g. ..............................., ................. and so on. however, professional matters:meeting: ....:sniper:

Back
Top Bottom