What's new

PNS Ghazi Shaheed

sohailbutt

Reaction score
"In November 14, 1971 it sailed out of harbour on a reconnaissance patrol under the command of Cdr Zafar Muhammad Khan with 92 hands on board. It was expected to report on November 26. The submarine was to sail 3,000 miles (4,828 kilometres) around the Indian peninsula from the Arabian Sea to the Bay of Bengal. PNS Ghazi (S-130) was a United States-built submarine that was leased by Pakistan in 1963. It operated in the 1965 and 1971 wars between Pakistan and India and was Pakistan's first submarine and remained the flagship submarine for Pakistan Navy until it sank in 1971. It sank off the fairway buoy of Visakhapatnam near eastern coast of India under unclear circumstances during the 1971 war. In 1965 war Ghazi was used in the Second Kashmir War in 1965 to attack heavy ships of the Indian Navy or ships aiding Operation Dwarka, though it didn't score any hits. It was a significant threat in the 1965 Indo-Pakistani war. It won 10 awards including two decorations of Sitara-e-Jurat and the President's citations."

(Please note these r not my words, the credit for all the above words and the videos go to a user named salmansignals, these words and videos r simply copied n posted on this respected forum, i donot take any credit for his work:pakistan:)

Last edited by a moderator:
nice. paffalcons is a very interesting site. the salman is the same guy who runs the site (unlike what some of the members here believe)

Good drama,
but the fact was that, Ghazi was assigned the task to sink IN carrier vikrat stationed at visakpatam, and believe me it nearly did the job !!! The hidden story (not confirmed) was that it was the USSR who helped INavy to track and sink Ghazi near bay of bengal. Had the Russian stayed away Ghazi would have sunked the Aircraft carrirer !!!!

Good drama,
but the fact was that, Ghazi was assigned the task to sink IN carrier vikrat stationed at visakpatam, and believe me it nearly did the job !!! The hidden story (not confirmed) was that it was the USSR who helped INavy to track and sink Ghazi near bay of bengal. Had the Russian stayed away Ghazi would have sunked the Aircraft carrirer !!!!

where is the referance???? for wut ever u have said above, care to elaborate:what:

as far as i know no body till today knows the exact reason why the submarine sank, but wut can be seen from many videos on the net, it is sure that no way it came under hostile fire, but something went wrong when it was setting up the mine, which resulted in it's sinking:angry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom