What's new

PNS Rah Naward - Pakistan Navy Training Ship

sherdil76

Reaction score
A Brig type sailing vessel procured from the UK took place at William and Albert Docks in the city of Hull, Thursday, High Commissioner for Pakistan to the UK Mr. Wajid Shamsul Hasan and Deputy Chief of Naval Staff (Training and Personal) Rear Admiral Muhammad Zakaullah SI(M), were guests of honour at the ceremony, says a press release received from High Commission of Pakistan, London here Thursday. Addressing the ceremony, the High Commissioner said that this historic induction of Pakistan Navy Ship RAH NAWARD (meaning swift mover) is an important addition for training of personnel in Pakistan Navy adding that the Challenges in the maritime domain have increased manifold during recent years and the prime concern of the nations Thursday is the safety and security of international maritime traffic which can only be accomplished by maintaining effective naval forces through well motivated and skilled crew he said that the commissioning of PNS RAH NAWARD would certainly make a positive contribution in shaping professional acumen of Pakistan Navy personnel. Referring to multifaceted bonds between Pakistan and the United Kingdom the High Commissioner said that the acquisition of the Tall Ship is yet another true manifestation of trust and mutual cooperation between the two countries enjoying friendly and cordial relations entrenched in history.
He extended heartiest congratulations to Commander Jamal Alam, the Commanding officer and his crew on commissioning of the ship saying that o I am confident that with your diligent cadence and enthusiasm, you will take the ship proudly to Pakistan. Deputy Chief of Naval Staff (Training and Personal) Rear Admiral Muhammad Zakaullah SI(M), and other dignitaries including Consul General Bradford, Mr Tariq Iqbal Soomro and Cdre S R Baum (Naval Regional Commander) were also present on the occasion. Earlier in his welcome speech, Pakistan Navy Overseer Captain Adnan Khaliq PN apprised the audience that the training institutions of Pakistan Navy have always endeavoured to impart educational, professional, moral and physical training to officers and men in a befitting manner and this Tall ship would certainly add value and finesse to theory by practical application which would be easier to comprehend and more lasting. He further stated that the contract for procurement of a tall ship Prince William held with Tall Ship Youth Trust (TSYT) was finally concluded on 20 July 2010. The entire process of induction culminated in a record time of two months. It also shows the vigorous efforts put in by management and the PN team. PNS RAH NAWARD is a magnificent 59.6 meters long Brig Type sailing vessel which gives an impressive look whether heeling under the wind or cruising through the calms of distant shores. PNS RAH NAWARD while crowned with ten square-rigged sails is also equipped with a full outfit of modern machinery for main propulsion. Later, the Chief Guest took walk rounds of the ship, where he was briefed about the features of the ship. He praised the highest level of workman ship, commitment and dedication of PN crew.

63827_1520146896564_1621313716_1230756_1824911_n.jpg

59740_1520194377751_1621313716_1230918_2748034_n.jpg

Is this the best we could do????????
Why not just give them inflatable rubber dingys

wat is this i thought pakistan has some high tech ships,can anyone post some pics of them

Relax you fools.

They said it is a training ship not a fighting ship.

PAF operates Mushak and F-16s side by side.

It's just for basic sailing, sea-going training purposes...plus might be a good addition for museum later on.

Nice post growler.

@ Other

What you guys were expecting from a training vessel. :disagree:

Nice post growler.

@ Other

What you guys were expecting from a training vessel. :disagree:

well perhaps it was a bit confusing with the title and i also got desparate considering the current happenings..

i was thinking of some real war going training vessel, one to train cadets about weapon systems, sonars and other high end stuff.
this is i guess sea going training vessel!

good if it do serve its purpose!

sorry for the remarks!

regards!

---------------------------
just becz its not your stander why should be yak........

its not my standard that matters boss!

my first impression with the title was some modren equipment training vessel and when i saw this i was dissappointed.

however i hope it serves its purpose and that is good going!!

regards!

just a question why are training ships with sails & no engines??? i mean after all we are in the 21st century? why do ALL navies of the world use these kind of ships for training???

just a question why are training ships with sails & no engines??? i mean after all we are in the 21st century? why do ALL navies of the world use these kind of ships for training???

You may have top of the line fighting machines but one needs to start learning from basics. For example you are using the best GPS ever known while you are lost in desert or sea and suddenly it stops working. what would you do? Answer is you need to know navigation using compass and stars . Arn't these old and crude methods?
The second reason could be economy of fuel for training purpose by using sails.
;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom