What's new

Police arrest two Afghan boys for suicide bomb plan

Oldman1

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Police arrest two Afghan boys for suicide bomb plan - Yahoo! News

Police arrested two 10-year-old would-be suicide bombers in southern Afghanistan, officials said Sunday, months after President Hamid Karzai pardoned the pair over a similar incident.

"The two ten-year old would-be bombers were arrested along with three other militants last week, while planning an attack on Afghan and international forces in Kandahar", Zalmai Ayubi the provincial spokesman told AFP.

The children had two vests full of explosives when they were detained, he added.

They had previously been arrested by security forces, again wearing explosive vests but were reportedly released last August, along with 18 other children, after receiving a pardon from the Afghan President.

The two boys had gone to Pakistan after their release but were sent back to Afghanistan after being trained to conduct suicide attacks.

"They told me I would be safe after conducting a suicide attack," one the boys Azizullah was quoted in a statement sent by Kandahar media office.

The boy said he was persuaded to carry out the attack at a training camp by militants who told him when "Americans fire at you... they will not be able to hit you".

The second boy, named as Nasibullah in the statement, said he had been forced to join a militant team who handed him over to the Taliban.

"The Taliban forced me to fire a Kalashinkov... I was scared at first. They also taught me how to blow my vest, they showed me how to press the button in my hand," he said, according to the statement.

"They then brought me to the city, asked me to sit on the side of the road and wait for foreign forces to come... I was there when two police came and arrested me.

"I ask all my madrassa teachers not to teach kids to become suicide bombers."

Ten years after being overthrown by US forces in response to the airborne Al-Qaeda attacks on New York and Washington, Taliban insurgents have shown a ruthless resilience to the West's military might.

Taliban militants have reportedly used children and teenagers to conduct attacks on security forces.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Guess they meant safe in paradise.

"They then brought me to the city, asked me to sit on the side of the road and wait for foreign forces to come... I was there when two police came and arrested me.

"I ask all my madrassa teachers not to teach kids to become suicide bombers."

Why always madrassas blamed for it??? I think many suicide bombers are trained in camps... not in madrassa..am I right?

The suicide bombers boys were ready to blow themselves up, but when the police guys came, they gave up themselves. Strange.

What you mean to say??? Are you proposing any "Conspiracy theory???

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Why always madrassas blamed for it??? I think many suicide bombers are trained in camps... not in madrassa..am I right?

Don't you know??

What you mean to say??? Are you proposing any "Conspiracy theory???

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Don't you know??

No conspiracy theory, just asking a simple question, they came for a suicide attack not to give themselves up. These suicide bombers are trained to target the enemies, ANA/ANP/NATO/US all are painted as targets, so when the police guys came, why they gave themselves up and not blow up since they were the police. Also, Taliban use remote control devices also, when the leave such suicide bombers, they have their own men with them who remote detonate if the subject itself fails to detonate.

It is heart-wrenching to hear that these terrorists are playing with children’s lives just to achieve their evil objectives. The bright point of this news is that the boys were saved from taking their own lives, and from committing an act of terror that could have resulted in many more dying. Their story gives us a glimpse inside the terrorists’ dark world, and of the threat that they pose to the people of the region. Their attempt to manipulate the children into believing that “they will not be able to hit you” clearly depicts their evil mentality. These terrorists are willing to cross all lines just to regain power. Therefore, it is imperative that we refrain from indulging in conspiracy theories, which in turn only offer more leeway to these terrorists. Their failure to defeat our forces in the region is resulting in these deplorable acts of terror. And it’s at times like these that we should realize the importance of defeating terrorism in the region, and support our forces that are fighting night and day to eradicate this threat.

MAJ Nevers,
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command |

Whoever are training these innocent kids for such horrible crimes and sins,should be hanged in public...sick people:angry:

The suicide bombers boys were ready to blow themselves up, but when the police guys came, they gave up themselves. Strange.

either those would be bombers were half trained or this story is a sham

these bombers are completely dehumanized and they dont respond to any logic or pleas and reasoning’s.
most of them are emotionally wrecks and dont care about their lives or anyone else.

there are cases in Pakistan too where boys managed to escape right at the start of the training and were able to tell the tales of the training. here it seems that the bombers were at the advance stage.

hence Taimi's surprise is well placed. we are actually living through these incidents on regular bases so we know what we are talking about.

@all don’t be compelled to argue and dismiss our suspicion because its coming from Pakistanis

These would be bombers are so much brainwashed that they don’t even have food on the day of their attack saying that they will have breakfast in heavy before their remains fall back on the ground after the explosion.

Such bombers never give up they either fail to detonate or are shot and decapitated and over powered./ they even carry small arms to commit suicide in case their jackets don’t explode.

Fazlullah the head of TP was a cable operator with no religious training. his deputy Muslim Khan who is under custody also had no formal religious training from Madrassah, Hakim Ullah , no madrassah , the head of GHQ attack was a compoundor at MH again no religious training

the list goes on. there was a program done by Talat Hussain on Swat terrorists and 99% of the leadership and their lieutenants had no religious training. Sorry I tried looking up that video but cant locate it. It was a comprehensive program during 2007-8 time.

Point is, some Madrassahs are indeed part of the terror indoctrination picture and they are not entirety.

Now I request you to look up Maulana Sarfraz Naeemi who also had a madrassah and read what he stood for and why he was killed and by whom. If you feel like share it here with us too maybe it will make Black widow think about his loaded question used to answer your question.

It is heart-wrenching to hear that these terrorists are playing with children’s lives just to achieve their evil objectives. The bright point of this news is that the boys were saved from taking their own lives, and from committing an act of terror that could have resulted in many more dying. Their story gives us a glimpse inside the terrorists’ dark world, and of the threat that they pose to the people of the region. Their attempt to manipulate the children into believing that “they will not be able to hit you” clearly depicts their evil mentality. These terrorists are willing to cross all lines just to regain power. Therefore, it is imperative that we refrain from indulging in conspiracy theories, which in turn only offer more leeway to these terrorists. Their failure to defeat our forces in the region is resulting in these deplorable acts of terror. And it’s at times like these that we should realize the importance of defeating terrorism in the region, and support our forces that are fighting night and day to eradicate this threat.

MAJ Nevers,
U.S. Central Command |

It is indeed "heart wrenching" to hear of such happenings. One would expect after 10 years of occupation the USA would have given the desire and hope to kids like this and their parents that hope was around the corner for them to live happily ever after. It is a gut wrenching shame that a 10 year stint of foreign forces showing them and teaching them of western democracy that these little souls and their mentors feel this is the only way forward in their lives.
Its a shameful act for adults to coach children into acts like this. Its also shameful to think this has been the result of occupied Afghanistan. Shame on all concerned.
BTW dont kid yourselves about their failiures to defeat your forces. Please dont embarrass yourselves by pretending you are in control of the land because we both know you certainly are not.

It is indeed "heart wrenching" to hear of such happenings. One would expect after 10 years of occupation the USA would have given the desire and hope to kids like this and their parents that hope was around the corner for them to live happily ever after. It is a gut wrenching shame that a 10 year stint of foreign forces showing them and teaching them of western democracy that these little souls and their mentors feel this is the only way forward in their lives.
Its a shameful act for adults to coach children into acts like this. Its also shameful to think this has been the result of occupied Afghanistan. Shame on all concerned.
BTW dont kid yourselves about their failiures to defeat your forces. Please dont embarrass yourselves by pretending you are in control of the land because we both know you certainly are not.

now this is a kind of a failure that is hard to pass on ISI. had the occupation forces shown some foresight and didnt declare the entire Pashton population as Taliban then this conflict would have ended years ago without unnecessary loss of innocent lives.

Now that the occupation forces are starting to realise that peace talks are the way forward but that initiative still seems half hearted because they are still seeking out the ever elusive Taliban which clearly has the repercussions of retaliation from Taliban in the form of their most effective weapon, I.e. human bomb commonly known as suicide bomber.

Yeah its too bad we can't reach out to these kids since they were trained in Pakistan and sent back to Afghanistan.

MAJ Nevers,
U.S. Central Command |

Dear Sir,

Would you allow Pakistani intelligence to interrogate the boys?

I guess it will help to find the truth!

Lately, there have been fewer incidents of suicide bombings and more of grenade throwing. Appears that TTP is on the back foot, not having either time to train or money?? to recruit new suicide bombers; hence, resorting to grenade throwing recruits.

The chance of tracking these alive terrorists and quelling their command centres in Pakistani heartlands seems a real possibility.

Back
Top Bottom