What's new

Poor Pakistan Producing Third Generation Tanks!

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
After TOT, Heavy Industries Taxila (Hit) is now manufacturing VT-4 Third generation Tanks for the Pakistan Army.
FB_IMG_1671006993751.jpg

FB_IMG_1671006987028.jpg

If not already there, need APS (Active Protection Systems) keeping Ukraine war scenes in mind
Plus technology to counter drones & quadcopters

We need to learn a lesson from Ukraine. Keeping that in mind, we need "counter platforms" technology, It's become obvious that the winning factor in a conflict against a much larger adversary (like what Pakistan faces), is NOT having similar slow moving platforms in large quantities.

The decisive factor is large range (safe distance) MLRS's, anti-armor missiles in large quantities (at one point an American general said there were TEN anti-tank missile to each Russian tank in Ukraine to fail the protection system) and lastly, the most important decisive factor is A2AD AD systems in large quantities as well as having a strong air force both to support on ground and at sea military ops.

more money for these generals DHA and golf clubs
bro. for another thread..
Anyway, yes, we need APS. The loss due to ATGMs and small drones in the Ukraine war is so horrific.
Seeing men losing lives from so small and deadly stuff is heartbreaking. Never wanna see my army losing lives in such a way against India.
So, APS and Oerlikon guns with armor is a must.

If not already there, need APS (Active Protection Systems) keeping Ukraine war scenes in mind
Plus technology to counter drones & quadcopters

There is no need for APS, doctrine followed by pak army is different from russia, the army will launch massive conventional strike on india with Babur, raad, shaheen 1A and targets of tactical value in excess of 200km will be targeted by Gmlrs, glide bombs and guided artillery shells and ground offensive will start when we have achieved superiority in all domains in area of operations, after this there won't be any need for worrying about indian atgms, we won't be going into kashmir with the aim of toppling a government. army won't be barging into cities with tanks, secondly our tanks have better situational awareness than the russians who were going in blind and charging on ukrainians who were monitoring there movements from drones.
These are not my words but of retired pak army officer.

Tanks are obsolete. See Ukraine. better to focus on hypersonic tech.
Not really. Maybe the concept around which most MBTs are designed for then sure. In the future i would expect tanks with a smaller profile, trading armor for speed and electronics maybe using small drones for recon. The concept of having a mobile gun move around and destroy fortifications will never get old. The concepts though, will change. Present day i think Pakistan should focus on IFVs

There is no need for APS, doctrine followed by pak army is different from russia, the army will launch massive conventional strike on india with Babur, raad, shaheen 1A and targets of tactical value in excess of 200km will be targeted by Gmlrs, glide bombs and guided artillery shells and ground offensive will start when we have achieved superiority in all domains in area of operations, after this there won't be any need for worrying about indian atgms, we won't be going into kashmir with the aim of toppling a government. army won't be barging into cities with tanks, secondly our tanks have better situational awareness than the russians who were going in blind and charging on ukrainians who were monitoring there movements from drones.
These are not my words but of retired pak army officer.
my fellow countryman! We wont be achieving any sort of superiority Rest assured!

Tanks are obsolete. See Ukraine. better to focus on hypersonic tech.
Tanks are not obsolete as of yet. But the list of vulnerabilities of Tanks has increased dramatically with the induction of UCAVs / loitering munitions / guided munitions. So Air defense, tank protection systems and war tactics are now more critical then before. you got to have fully balanced force.

Secondly, for us its all about priorities. IMO, newer tanks would be of least priority if I had to list down recent purchases. I mean if you have surplus money then you can go ahead and buy just everything. If you have limited money then you got to prioritize and see whats really going to make difference. This is something we need to improve on.

Tanks are not obsolete as of yet. But the list of vulnerabilities of Tanks has increased dramatically with the induction of UCAVs / loitering munitions / guided munitions. So Air defense, tank protection systems and war tactics are now more critical then before. you got to have fully balanced force.

Secondly, for us its all about priorities. IMO, newer tanks would be of least priority if I had to list down recent purchases. I mean if you have surplus money then you can go ahead and buy just everything. If you have limited money then you got to prioritize and see whats really going to make difference. This is something we need to improve on.

Well, yes and no.
Russia's tank usage is definitely very poor, and they are using them wrong. You're supposed to project power via infantry and then place artillery and air defence platforms ahead. Tanks are only then able to move forward, otherwise they'll be picked off easily by smaller drones and loitering munitions, as seen in Ukraine.
And when tanks do push forward, they should push as a column. A Combined force is combined strength

Useless, when we have Generals like Mir Bajwa, Mir Hafiz, etc. etc. etc.
You know I am as big a critic (now) of the Army as anyone else, but these threads should be limited to technical discussions/questions about the system, its acquisition and deployment tactics etc.

Raising questions about the effectiveness of the system in potential future conflicts is completely valid, as are questions about the trials, cost etc. but lets leave politics out of it unless there is a credible source that you can reference regarding corruption, bribes, kickbacks etc in the acquisition process.

Back
Top Bottom