What's new

Possible Waziristan Operation

yarmook

Reaction score
I have come to known during a discussion, that there will be possible official waziristan strike. It will be a major army and airforce operation in order to root out RAW sponsored militants.

Does any one has any idea or information?

Someone also added that currently army is massing up troops in an area, which to me sounds absurd.

I know people come up with some *** s h i t but this seems to be strange.

Any idea of how we can possibly tell people of waziristan to stop this f u c k e d up non sense killing our own bloode and brothers?

Currently what are the strong solid measures that Govt and people from urban areas can take to educate them and tell them live like civillized people?

It will take time yarmook to make these people civilized, as their culture is totally different and education they consider an enemy. But that does not mean that tribals are some what out of pakistan and does not care. They are supporting the PA in every way they can. However there are certain elements, RAW backed and those who support the talibans and PA is acting against them and today we also use air force. But it will take time to completely root out these militants, since they take advantage of the local population and use them as a shield.

Well Peoples are evacuating the area & after the recent attacks on the FC & their lack of capability to deploy a proper defence against these attacks, may be GoP has decided ot Finish it once & for all by deploying the Regular Army .

DG-ISPR also said that our neighbors are helping them out so may be they want to Finish it before it goes out of hand.

Though i agree something Fishy is going on, BUT what well the time will tell.

Regards
Wilco

It will take time yarmook to make these people civilized, as their culture is totally different and education they consider an enemy. But that does not mean that tribals are some what out of pakistan and does not care. They are supporting the PA in every way they can. However there are certain elements, RAW backed and those who support the talibans and PA is acting against them and today we also use air force. But it will take time to completely root out these militants, since they take advantage of the local population and use them as a shield.

Icecold,

Environment including exposure and opportunity contribute towards culture. The Pashtuns have a very difficult terrain and therefore interactivity, as it would be in a town or in the plains, cannot be expected. Those who could go out got them a good education and have done well. Many high ranking military personnel have been Pashtuns and have contributed to Pakistan. Therefore, maybe your post was a bit too strong.

Taliban (successors of the Mujahideens) consists of Pathans (The Bear Trap by Brig Md Yousaf of the ISI) and hence it is easy for them to be accepted by the locals. Nothing unusual.

Unfortunately, insurgency cannot be wiped out in an instant. It takes a long time......indeed, a very long time!

Using of the airforce or artillery can never win the hearts and minds. And so long as the AQ and Taliban misuses religion by misinterpreting it, the Pashtuns will never understand that insurrection is not the answer.

Here is one of the recent Pictures of Army n N wazirastan.

06c00b2673cb0313b4d2a771dbfa7d90.jpg

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
The same old pickup Man, when we are gona change them .

Regards
Wilco

Here is one of the recent Pictures of Army n N wazirastan.

06c00b2673cb0313b4d2a771dbfa7d90.jpg

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
The same old pickup Man, when we are gona change them .

Regards
Wilco

This is pathetic. If only we can spend more time on upgrading the military rather spending on deals, we can root these militants out.

Icecold,

Environment including exposure and opportunity contribute towards culture. The Pashtuns have a very difficult terrain and therefore interactivity, as it would be in a town or in the plains, cannot be expected. Those who could go out got them a good education and have done well. Many high ranking military personnel have been Pashtuns and have contributed to Pakistan. Therefore, maybe your post was a bit too strong.

Taliban (successors of the Mujahideens) consists of Pathans (The Bear Trap by Brig Md Yousaf of the ISI) and hence it is easy for them to be accepted by the locals. Nothing unusual.

Unfortunately, insurgency cannot be wiped out in an instant. It takes a long time......indeed, a very long time!

Using of the airforce or artillery can never win the hearts and minds. And so long as the AQ and Taliban misuses religion by misinterpreting it, the Pashtuns will never understand that insurrection is not the answer.

Salim your almost right on track and i m amazed to see such a positive and unconventionally optimistic approached Indian national putting his good comments. Keep up the good research work.

Well, terrain does matter alot but i dont completely agree. Look at tashkent,dushanbe fully mountainous terrain but was once the part of turk golden empire and had seen so much developmen t that even mathematicians of today wonderin the arabesque artisitry done faboulously on the blue marbles of masjid built at that time.

It all matters how much people are aggressive towards the development and then offcourse responsibilities lies on the shoulders of administration to introduce new reforms and development by bulding health care centres and universities. On the other hand , if people dont let these developments happen in the name of islam then what good you can do to make them civillized.

I can only pray for peace and for there betterment!
:pakistan:

Icecold,

Environment including exposure and opportunity contribute towards culture. The Pashtuns have a very difficult terrain and therefore interactivity, as it would be in a town or in the plains, cannot be expected. Those who could go out got them a good education and have done well. Many high ranking military personnel have been Pashtuns and have contributed to Pakistan. Therefore, maybe your post was a bit too strong..

Salim sir my views expressed were meant to be in a larger sense means majority of the population otherwise i agree with what you said above.

Insurgency may take time but we certainly can and will wipe them out. As for you mentioning airforce and artillery cannot win the hearts, well what we need to understand here is that it is not the local population that we are talking about and as you can see within the primeter of the airstrike local population have been shifted to safe places, other then that we do not need to win the hearts of militants, we need to kick them hard.:sniper:

Insurgency may take time but we certainly can and will wipe them out. As for you mentioning airforce and artillery cannot win the hearts, well what we need to understand here is that it is not the local population that we are talking about and as you can see within the primeter of the airstrike local population have been shifted to safe places, other then that we do not need to win the hearts of militants, we need to kick them hard.:sniper:

IceCold, as long as the local population supports the insurgents, it will be very difficult to wipe them out.
Moreover, destroying their property with missles will only alienate them from the mainstream.
The government will have to seriously consider rehabilitating these refugees with government built houses if it aims to win over their loyalty.

Also, Musharraf should probably crack down on madarassas and introduce secular curriculim or regularize the syllabus taught in the madarassas. Maybe a combination of both will do the trick.

I don't have an idea of the situation on the ground. It might have become necessary to use air power. But normally in such delicate situations, the Indian army does covert CT operations against the militants to avoid disturbing the peace of the locality.

IceCold, as long as the local population supports the insurgents, it will be very difficult to wipe them out.
Moreover, destroying their property with missles will only alienate them from the mainstream.
The government will have to seriously consider rehabilitating these refugees with government built houses if it aims to win over their loyalty.
Locals dont Support them, they just want to live a peaceful life, they dont want Either PA or Taliban in their villages but unfortunately they are not getting this so they are depressed. our tribes are loyal to our country, there is no question in their loyality.

Also, Musharraf should probably crack down on madarassas and introduce secular curriculim or regularize the syllabus taught in the madarassas. Maybe a combination of both will do the trick.
You should Stop this nonsense here dude, what madrassas(excluding extreameist but they are few) taught us in Pakistan is our Islamic education that is necessary for our lives. Take your madrassa speach somewhere else.

Regards
Wilco

Locals dont Support them, they just want to live a peaceful life, they dont want Either PA or Taliban in their villages but unfortunately they are not getting this so they are depressed. our tribes are loyal to our country, there is no question in their loyality.

I am sure the tribes are loyal as you say Wilco, the risk is the loss of their loyalty if they are made into refugees,

You should Stop this nonsense here dude, what madrassas(excluding extreameist but they are few) taught us in Pakistan is our Islamic education that is necessary for our lives. Take your madrassa speach somewhere else.

Regards
Wilco

I am not asking to discontinue Islamic education. By all means that is every Pakistani's right. However, don't you think it will be better to regularize what is taught in there? Perhaps train the teachers uniformly all over Pakistan? I think Saudi Arabia has already done that...though I can't say I approve of their curriculum.

I am not making any madarassa speech dear. Don't get all defensive just because I mentioned madarassas :enjoy:

You guys have to notice that the government cannot conduct a large operation right now because it is an important time for Musharraf. If a large operation is conducted and it results in failures, it will be reflected on him, on his election...So right now the military won't conduct a large operation, and will play down the civilian deaths to avoid any harmful feelings towards his holiness aka Musharraf:what:

Back
Top Bottom