What's new

Potential Italian Type-212A Todaro class AIP submarines procurement by Egypt

Egypt has very good negotiators these times and everything can be purchased as long as it is not American, but I think we have to go to Russia or China for our new submarines in order to acquire land targets attacking capability from submarines.
The best bet would be two more Western submarines; either type-209mod, type-214 or type-212A..than going for 6 Chinese AIP submarines with the land attack weapons required.. This is most likely what is going to happen..

@Gomig-21

What is you take on this..

Last edited:
Egypt has very good negotiators these times and everything can be purchased as long as it is not American, but I think we have to go to Russia or China for our new submarines in order to acquire land targets attacking capability from submarines.

It would be quite something if they took the Harpoons and found ways to turn them into land attack missiles. Shouldn't be too difficult to do with the range they have. The issue is if the warheads can be modified.

It would be quite something if they took the Harpoons and found ways to turn them into land attack missiles. Shouldn't be too difficult to do with the range they have. The issue is if the warheads can be modified.
They come stripped from the land attack capability.. be it for Egypt or Morocco too..for their proximity with Usrael and Spain .. and you know it is a big deal modifying the US gear.. but luckily the OTOMAT and Russian missiles have that capability..

We tried same in the past (Pakistan) to convert harpoon into land attack missile i think in early to mid 2000 but USA track these development and banned some Pakistani defense companies, as far as i remember sir

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom