What's new

Powerball numbers: Jackpot reaches estimated $1 billion, 2nd largest in history [drawing is on Halloween]

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States

NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Powerball jackpot reached an estimated $1 billion ($497.3 million cash) for the next drawing on Halloween, after no one matched all six numbers on Saturday night.

The chances are too slim. Buy a small ticket and don't expect a win.

The chances are too slim. Buy a small ticket and don't expect a win.

Slim..but not none. I know one person whose father hit for >$1M. My mother knows 3 other people who hit the lottery for over $1M.

Last edited:
Slim..but not none. I know one person whose father hit for >$1M. My mother knows 3 other people who hit the lottery for over $1M.
But you could be buying tickets all your life with all the money you have and still not win. Thats why I said best thing to do is buy tickets without any expectations. It reduces disappointment.

Wow! Talk about life-altering..

I remember an Iraqi citizen once won that lotto. Is it still open to the whole world?

You do not have to be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident to play Powerball®. Players from jurisdictions where Powerball tickets are not sold, either in the United States or outside the country, when visiting a selling jurisdiction, can purchase Powerball tickets from a retailer licensed or authorized by the selling jurisdiction, if they meet the legal age requirement in the jurisdiction of purchase. Federal and jurisdictional income taxes may apply to any claimed prize money.
Category

How much does it cost to buy 1 lottery number in US?

This one is $2...a small amount for the possible return...no need to spend crazy money...I spent a whole $2 for the Monday drawing...of course lost.

• Tickets in the game now cost $2.

Man: God how come good fortune never falls my way..like I never hit the lottery?
God: Well give me a break man...you could at least help me out by buying 1 ticket.

Last edited:
You would make no dent in the probability unless you go beyond $100k in tickets.
Its best to simply play for the fun of it, not expect anything and not get addicted to it.
If anything, its great for weekly fun conversations like if I had $298 million (what would be left after cash value and taxes)

Winning powerball doesn't always positively change lives of winners. Some people have lost everything and came down to where they started. Some people have died. Happiness is almost not guaranteed even if you make good use of money.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom