What's new

PowerPac makes payment to Rajuk for ‘Iconic Tower’ land in Purbachal

TopCat

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
kk-201807310116.kk

Dhaka, July 30 (UNB) - PowerPac Holdings Ltd has made its payment to Rajdhani Unnayan Kartipakkhya (Rajuk) for allotment of 100 acres of land at central business district (CBD) area in the sector 19 of Purbachal New Town Project.

PowerPac Holdings’ managing director Ron Haque Sikder and director and COO Syed Qamrul Islam handed over a pay order to the Housing and Public Works Minister Engineer Mosharraf Hossain at his ministry on Monday while Rajuk chairman Abdur Rahman was present on the occasion, said press release of the company.

The payment is 10 percent of the total value of the land which was paid as per terms and condition of the Rajuk’s project.

The Rajuk allotted the land to the company and its technical partner Kajima Corporation of Japan for development of ‘Iconic Tower’ with 100-142 storied building under public-private partnership (PPP). The building will have accommodation for both commercial and administrative offices.

Rajuk invited tender for leasing out 100 acres of land on July 17 last year and PowerPac Holdings won the project to develop the country’s largest infrastructure under PPP.

PowerPac is a concern of Sikder Group of Bangladesh while Kajima Corporation is a Japan-based construction company.

http://www.unb.com.bd/bangladesh-ne...ajuk-for-Iconic-Tower-land-in-Purbachal/76669

The Rajuk allotted the land to the company and its technical partner Kajima Corporation of Japan for development of ‘Iconic Tower’ with 100-142 storied building under public-private partnership (PPP). The building will have accommodation for both commercial and administrative offices.

Rajuk invited tender for leasing out 100 acres of land on July 17 last year and PowerPac Holdings won the project to develop the country’s largest infrastructure under PPP.

PowerPac is a concern of Sikder Group of Bangladesh while Kajima Corporation is a Japan-based construction company.
It's good that a Bangladeshi conglomerate Sikder group won the project and will be building this with Kejima Japan. They can learn a lot from Kejima Japan as by the looks of their website, they took a great lot of projects (including the suez canal) and have been around for over a century.

@bluesky
Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kajima
Their recent works from their website: https://www.kajima.co.jp/english/tech/kd/works/index.html

It's good that a Bangladeshi conglomerate Sikder group won the project and will be building this with Kejima Japan. They can learn a lot from Kejima Japan as by the looks of their website, they took a great lot of projects (including the suez canal) and have been around for over a century.

@bluesky
Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kajima
Their recent works from their website: https://www.kajima.co.jp/english/tech/kd/works/index.html
A 200 year old company....If they are in it seriously, then the building will be built.

BD needs some sort of monumental structure in Dhaka. Like Tokyo tower or Milad Tower(Tehran).

12:00 AM, January 26, 2018 / LAST MODIFIED: 12:00 AM, January 26, 2018
Inexperienced Sikder Group wants Iconic Tower project: Muhith
Star Business Report

Local Sikder Group, which has no experience of constructing higher than four-story buildings, has shown interest in erecting the proposed 142-storied Iconic Tower worth $1 billion, said Finance Minister AMA Muhith.

Only two entities -- Sikder Group and KPC Group of Companies -- took part in the bidding when the international tender for the building, touted to be the tallest in South Asia, was floated at the end of 2017, he said.

“The only problem with Sikder Group is that it lacks the experience of constructing taller buildings. I can easily reject its proposal because of their incompetence,” he told the gathered media at his secretariat office on the occasion of his 85th birthday.

The minister thinks the group has the backing of influential people.

“Now, Sikder may try to work jointly with KPC in the project to gain experience.”

Iconic Tower is a brainchild of Bangladesh-origin American businessman Kali Pradip Chaudhuri, who is the founder and chairman of KPC Group of Companies.

Four years ago, Chaudhuri pitched the idea of building a super skyscraper in Bangladesh to finance minister.

The government took on the project and made a plan to build the Iconic Tower in a public-private partnership.

Chaudhuri, who visited Bangladesh 45 times in the last four years, visited various places along with Muhith and finally settled on a spot in Purbachal for the project, which was initially expected to be complete by 2018.

It has not yet been decided how and by whom the building will be constructed, Muhith said.

The minister said he will try to speed up the project so that the prime minister can lay its foundation stone in her existing term.

The main auditorium of Iconic Tower's convention centre will be able to accommodate 5,000 people, while the main stadium of the sports complex will have a seating capacity of 50,000 spectators, Muhith said in his budget speech last year.

Once implemented, the project will facilitate trade and commerce and also create a lot of jobs opportunities.

The necessary allocations will be made for the proposed project, which will need 70 acres of land, the minister said.

Muhit Chacha has lost his marbles. He must have been fed a few coins by this well known local LA fraud K. P. Chowdhury so he is bad-mouthing Sikder Construction.

Fact is - this type of project is unprecedented in Bangladesh. No one - even KP Chowdhury's firm in the US has any idea to construct skyscrapers above 50 stories. They will all need consultants and experienced skyscraper builders.

Kajima as a partner to Sikder - on the other hand, does have this experience. They have a track record going back HUNDREDS of YEARS on larger projects. They have many consultants in Japan whose experience they can tap on skyscraper construction in earthquake zones. Japan leads the world on earthquake isolation technology and advanced tall skyscraper and tower construction.

I have no shares or interest in either party. My interest is solely in ensuring that the right EXPERIENCED party gets the bid and completes construction smoothly. As citizens of our country, that is what we all want.

Muhit Chacha has lost his marbles. He must have been fed a few coins by this well known local LA fraud K. P. Chowdhury so he is bad-mouthing Sikder Construction.

Fact is - this type of project is unprecedented in Bangladesh. No one - even KP Chowdhury's firm in the US has any idea to construct skyscrapers above 50 stories. They will all need consultants and experienced skyscraper builders.

Kajima as a partner to Sikder - on the other hand, does have this experience. They have a track record going back HUNDREDS of YEARS on larger projects. They have many consultants in Japan whose experience they can tap on skyscraper construction in earthquake zones. Japan leads the world on earthquake isolation technology and advanced tall skyscraper and tower construction.

I have no shares or interest in either party. My interest is solely in ensuring that the right EXPERIENCED party gets the bid and completes construction smoothly. As citizens of our country, that is what we all want.
I think KPC group just moved to different location. So we will be getting two projects instead of one.

I think KPC group just moved to different location. So we will be getting two projects instead of one.

I knew that this happened and KPC got another site.

I will lay down a bet though that KPC project is a lot of hot air which means nothing is going to happen beyond a lot of talk.

As I've said before many times, KPC is a well known fraudster outfit in LA. Worse, they are medical fraudsters and operate a bunch of substandard hospitals. Google them and you will see the number of govt. and private cases against them. Everybody in LA knows this. They went to Muhith Chacha, promised him a bunch of something and to them this is just another fraud opportunity. No more, no less. What patriotism and 'feeling' does this KPC character have for our 'desh'? Zero, zilch, nada and ixnay. Nothing......case closed.

I would love to be proven wrong so anyone in doubt can bring me all the evidence to refute me.

Last edited:
I don't know... for a billion dollar project, the building designs and the promotional video all look very cheap and unprofessional. Something not right about this whole thing.

The article does not even say how much was paid and what the agreed terms are.

I don't know... for a billion dollar project, the building designs and the promotional video all look very cheap and unprofessional. Something not right about this whole thing.

The article does not even say how much was paid and what the agreed terms are.

I had that feeling too. So I believe everything at this stage is provisional. The design will change which is expected.

The finalization of the entire campus plan and siting design will come much later after cost estimation of transport logistics, parking, sewage, electricity, utilities and aerodynamic factors are taken care of. This is a city of tall skyscrapers and Bangladesh is a country of cyclones and norwesters, So aerodynamics is super important.

But let's see what happens first. Dilli door 'ast.....

I had that feeling too. So I believe everything at this stage is provisional. The design will change which is expected.

The finalization of the entire campus plan and siting design will come much later after cost estimation of transport logistics, parking, sewage, electricity, utilities and aerodynamic factors are taken care of. This is a city of tall skyscrapers and Bangladesh is a country of cyclones and norwesters, So aerodynamics is super important.

But let's see what happens first. Dilli door 'ast.....

Amen bruddah

A request to @TopCat, @Bilal9 and other enthusiasts of the Sikder group. I do not know how the Sikder will arrange the finance. Could it be the Stock Market in Dhaka? I request you not to buy any of Sikder shares before it is clear that a very tall building can be erected on the soft soil near Dhaka.

Kajima is an expert company. I think it will choose to dig 50m below and make a 2m plus thick RCC slab on the ground instead of driving any piles. Column bases will be set inside/over this concrete base.

But, please do not buy any of Sikder stock unless Kajima does the soil investigations (Standard Penetration Tests, Cone Penetration tests), declares the soil fit for heavy construction and finally involves itself with the project.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom