What's new

Predator drones flown from base in Pakistan: US Senator ! WHO IS LYING

Its no secret they take off from Peshawar base , if you guys remember few locals saw the Predator and made a big fuss in peshawar and then they started attacking PAF bases.I hope now you see the link between the attacks in Sargodha, kamra, peshawar, shorkot.

HEY GUYS DONOT GET ANGRY FROM MY POST
AND INDIAN PEOPLE DONOT GET HAPPY FROM IT

I am a pure Pakistani.

Guys dont you think that we should not be dependent on our Army and top brass

Why do people think that our top brass should resign?
If we donot say them to do that

I am really confused about that though
and we are going to fight with India

In American top brass gives the resign thing
Its not that they are too much loyal with their country
Its because of there PEOPLE

Our minds(educated people) are setled in other countries than how can we make progress

There is an example infront of us guys
During Cold War Russia was crippled by ECONOMY not by ARMY. Cold war went for decades but American strategy was to cripple them by economy because if both sides used nuclear weapons thna it would creat HUGE LOSSES bith popultaion wise or economy wise
India is doing the same
Indian POLITICIANS ARE NOT ARE NOT ARE NOT loyal to their country. They are just LIKE LIKE LIKE our politicians but the main difference is that our so called "ally in terrorrism" "USA" and Israel and other European Nations are behind them
USA always said Pakistan is our "War on Terror Ally" did they ever say "Economy Ally"
lol
Have we seen our economy ever?
If America stops to give us money we will be like Zimbabwe

DONOT expect to see a resignation from our top brass because we donot say them
We are sleeping and seeing a good dream
God bless it wont turn into a nightmare

We are like Iran when there was Shah Iran.....
but who forced him to go out
Ayat Ullah Khamini???
NOOO
He had PEOPLE behind him
People are the key to open the door not Nawaz Shareef or Zardari or Gen Kiyani.

China is our ally and they give us good things
Why don't we give them good things?

See if we htink that its only 60 years Pakistan came into being and we need more time and now we wont see any Army Dictator than we think wrong
Army will come again because WE ARE SLEEPING and they can do anythign with us

I read posts from Pakistani
but seriosuly DONOT mind 90% of them are "Army Minded" or so called "Fauji Zahan"
I was really shcoked when I saw someone saying that If Indian economy improves rapidly than we have nuclear weapons stuff. What a stupid post.
Why not we improve economy and let them saying this.

BUT AGAIN IF SOME PEOPLE AND MOST OF THEM WILL SAY PAKISTAN WILL IMPROVE NOW ITS THE TIE THAN PEOPLE FORGET
we cant do it without you people standing against corrupt people

I am not criticizing anyone here because I think that its not their mistake (Zardar stuff) because they have an option to do that.
I dont think we our anymore nation there is fire everywhere
Fata, nwfp, balochistan, sindh, punjab.
There is no STRATEGY behind this I now ISI and Army know their strategy because they can't kill few thousand talibans or they are not stopping the Talina's radio stuff
but see if oyu think and see the reality there strategy is very very risky
I dont want to see another part of Pakistan going away.

If you dotn agree with me please tell me
but jsut think as a neutral person

Army is better than politicans but
we are worse among all of them

BECAUSE WE ARE NOT STANDING

Laga Reh!

I LOVE PAKISTAN

What a bunch of Bull$hit!! :tsk:

The Reaper UAV System which is loaded with 2 Hellfire Missiles under its wings along with FLIR targeting system and SAR for all weather capability, is operated solely by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) out of air base near the Pakistan Afghanistan border and on the Afghanistan side and NOT Pakistan. CIA local wing is tasked to fly these UCAV's on receipt of intel from ground observers (generally Delta or US Rangers) who have infiltrated into WANA areas to recognize and lase HVT (High Value Targets). At times mostly two Reapers are flying in the air in two 6-12 hour shifts near the Pak Afghan Border and they immediately 'turn into' the Pakistan side for tasking on the verification of intel from ground observers. The Americans are generally not that stupid to have such high-end technology being operated from any prominent base in Pakistan & Pakistan is not that stupid to give them complete independent accessibility without having its own intelligence observers to monitor each flight! The UAV flights from Peshawar are that of either local UAV's or the Falco UAV which the PAF operates.

I think that the purpose & timing of this 'statement' from this Senator is to perhaps confuse and dilute the pressure that Pakistan is building on the US Government to stop the drone flights. This statement may put the GoP on defensive and throw the entire blame game into a tail-spin & a tangent from the real issue, serving the purpose of the Americans who will continue to use these drones for the stated purpose. Classic tactic of SMOKE & MIRRORS being deployed by the US to diplomatically continue its attacks.

Last edited:
Its no secret they take off from Peshawar base , if you guys remember few locals saw the Predator and made a big fuss in peshawar and then they started attacking PAF bases.I hope now you see the link between the attacks in Sargodha, kamra, peshawar, shorkot.

Murad Sb,

I beg to differ! No US UAV System is being operated from Peshawar or any other base that you have mentioned. The suicide attack on the PAF bases are more for the reason that PAF has been using its aircraft that generally take off from such points to bomb the Taliban positions in coordination with the Army.

Is there any particular advantage (militarily) in having them based on the Pakistani side of the Afghan-Pak border instead of the Afghan side?

Is this the incident you're referring to?

Kidnappers firing rockets, believe police

If it is, it's well into the Zardari regime.

The kidnapper angle does sound a little ludicrous i must admit.

A.M. and I have both been saying this since last February. Agreement in place and being flown from locations in Pakistan.

I KNEW IT!! Feinstein is completely believable.

Since these Predators are flying so low and slow, wouldn't they be observable landing and taking off by people surrounding the bases where they are coming from? It is hard to imagine that they could fly out of a military airfield near Islamabad without being spotted by civilian Pakistanis living nearby. The reports seem to say they are up in the air over FATA any day that the weather is permitting. So there must have been hundreds of take-offs and landings this past year. And no one saw them??? No civilian press reporters have ever gone to the base perimeters to watch for them? Something doesn't add up.

Could it be they always take-off and land at night? Their flight dwell times might allow that approach?

Last edited:
Two possibilities come to mind.

Loiter time is sufficiently long to enable take-offs before sunrise and night flights are exactly that- launched and recovered after dark.

AFBs are HUGE places. I don't know runway requirements but it's conceivable that they can launch and gain altitude entirely over the base. If so, they wouldn't cross the base perimeter enroute to its mission until quite high.

Too, you'd have to orient towards the base to observe the aircraft climbing for altitude. There will be no take-off over your head standing outside the fence like with passenger jets at a public airport.

By Karen DeYoung and Joby Warrick
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, November 16, 2008; A01

The United States and Pakistan reached tacit agreement in September on a don't-ask-don't-tell policy that allows unmanned Predator aircraft to attack suspected terrorist targets in rugged western Pakistan, according to senior officials in both countries. In recent months, the U.S. drones have fired missiles at Pakistani soil at an average rate of once every four or five days.

The officials described the deal as one in which the U.S. government refuses to publicly acknowledge the attacks while Pakistan's government continues to complain noisily about the politically sensitive strikes.

The arrangement coincided with a suspension of ground assaults into Pakistan by helicopter-borne U.S. commandos. Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari said in an interview last week that he was aware of no ground attacks since one on Sept. 3 that his government vigorously protested.

Officials described the attacks, using new technology and improved intelligence, as a significant improvement in the fight against Pakistan-based al-Qaeda and Taliban forces. Officials confirmed the deaths of at least three senior al-Qaeda figures in strikes last month.

Zardari said that he receives "no prior notice" of the airstrikes and that he disapproves of them. But he said he gives the Americans "the benefit of the doubt" that their intention is to target the Afghan side of the ill-defined, mountainous border of Pakistan's Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), even if that is not where the missiles land.

Civilian deaths remain a problem, Zardari said. "If the damage is women and children, then the sensitivity of its effect increases," he said. The U.S. "point of view," he said, is that the attacks are "good for everybody. Our point of view is that it is not good for our position of winning the hearts and minds of people."

A senior Pakistani official said that although the attacks contribute to widespread public anger in Pakistan, anti-Americanism there is closely associated with President Bush. Citing a potentially more favorable popular view of President-elect Barack Obama, he said that "maybe with a new administration, public opinion will be more pro-American and we can start acknowledging" more cooperation.

The official, one of several who discussed the sensitive military and intelligence relationship only on the condition of anonymity, said the U.S-Pakistani understanding over the airstrikes is "the smart middle way for the moment." Contrasting Zardari with his predecessor, retired Gen. Pervez Musharraf, the official said Musharraf "gave lip service but not effective support" to the Americans. "This government is delivering but not taking the credit."

From December to August, when Musharraf stepped down, there were six U.S. Predator attacks in Pakistan. Since then, there have been at least 19. The most recent occurred early Friday, when local officials and witnesses said at least 11 people, including six foreign fighters, were killed. The attack, in North Waziristan, one of the seven FATA regions, demolished a compound owned by Amir Gul, a Taliban commander said to have ties to al-Qaeda.

Pakistan's self-praise is not entirely echoed by U.S. officials, who remain suspicious of ties between Pakistan's intelligence service and FATA-based extremists. But the Bush administration has muted its criticism of Pakistan. In a speech to the Atlantic Council last week, CIA Director Michael V. Hayden effusively praised Pakistan's recent military operations, including "tough fighting against hardened militants" in the northern FATA region of Bajaur.

"Throughout the FATA," Hayden said, "al-Qaeda and its allies are feeling less secure today than they did two, three or six months ago. It has become difficult for them to ignore significant losses in their ranks." Hayden acknowledged, however, that al-Qaeda remains a "determined, adaptive enemy," operating from a "safe haven" in the tribal areas.

Along with the stepped-up Predator attacks, Bush administration strategy includes showering Pakistan's new leaders with close, personal attention. Zardari met with Bush during the U.N. General Assembly in September, and senior military and intelligence officials have exchanged near-constant visits over the past few months.

Pakistan's new intelligence chief, Lt. Gen. Ahmed Shuja Pasha, traveled to Washington in late October, and Gen. David H. Petraeus, installed on Oct. 31 as head of the U.S. Central Command, visited Islamabad on his third day in office. On Wednesday, Hayden flew to New York for a secret visit with Zardari, who was attending a U.N. conference.

Zardari spoke over the telephone with Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.), a conversation Pakistani officials said they considered an initial contact with the incoming Obama administration. Although Kerry has been mentioned as a possible secretary of state, the officials said he indicated that he expects to continue in the Senate, where he is in line to take over Vice President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.'s position as chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee.

Despite improved relations with the Bush administration, Zardari said, "we think we need a new dialogue, and we're hoping that the new government will . . . understand that Pakistan has done more than they recognize" and is a victim of the same insurgency the United States is fighting. Pakistan hopes that a $7.6 billion loan from the International Monetary Fund, announced yesterday, will spark new international investment and aid.

Pakistan, whose military has received more than $10 billion in direct U.S. payments since 2001, also wants the United States to provide sophisticated weapons to its armed forces, Zardari said. Rather than using U.S. Predator-fired missiles against Pakistani territory, he asked, why not give Pakistan its own Predators? "Give them to us. . . . we are your allies," he said.

Last month, officials confirmed, Predator strikes in the FATA killed Khalid Habib, described as al-Qaeda's No. 4 official, and senior operatives Abu Jihad al-Masri and Abu Hassan al-Rimi. Three other senior al-Qaeda figures -- explosives expert Abu Khabab al-Masri, Abu Sulayman al-Jazairi and senior commander Abu Laith al-Libi --were killed during the first nine months of the year.

Current and former U.S. counterterrorism officials said improved intelligence has been an important factor in the increased tempo and precision of the Predator strikes. Over the past year, they said, the United States has been able to improve its network of informants in the border region while also fielding new hardware that allows close tracking of the movements of suspected militants.

The missiles are fired from unmanned aircraft by the CIA. But the drones are only part of a diverse network of machines and software used by the agency to spot terrorism suspects and follow their movements, the officials said. The equipment, much of which remains highly classified, includes an array of powerful sensors mounted on satellites, airplanes, blimps and drones of every size and shape.

Before 2002, the CIA had no experience in using the Predator as a weapon. But in recent years -- and especially in the past 12 months -- spy agencies have honed their skills at tracking and killing single individuals using aerial vehicles operated by technicians hundreds or thousands of miles away. James R. Clapper Jr., the Pentagon's chief intelligence officer, said the new brand of warfare has "gotten very laserlike and very precise."

"It's having the ability, once you know who you're after, to study and watch very steadily and consistently -- persistently," Clapper told a recent gathering of intelligence professionals and contractors in Nashville. "And then, at the appropriate juncture, with due regard for reducing collateral casualties or damage, going after that individual."

Two former senior intelligence officials familiar with the use of the Predator in Pakistan said the rift between Islamabad and Washington over the unilateral attacks was always less than it seemed.

"By killing al-Qaeda, you're helping Pakistan's military and you're disrupting attacks that could be carried out in Karachi and elsewhere," said one official, speaking on the condition of anonymity. Pakistan's new acquiescence coincided with the new government there and a sharp increase in domestic terrorist attacks, including the September bombing of the Marriott hotel in Islamabad.

"The attacks inside Pakistan have changed minds," the official said. "These guys are worried, as they should be."

Staff writer Colum Lynch at the United Nations contributed to this report.

A.M. and I have both been saying this since last February. Agreement in place and being flown from locations in Pakistan.

I KNEW IT!! Feinstein is completely believable.

hey me too!:cheers:

Pakistan can stop Drone Raids - Air Chief
November 25, 2008

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's air force is fully capable of stopping missile strikes by pilotless US drones but it is up to the government to decide whether to do that, the air force chief said.

US forces in Afghanistan have carried out at least 26 air strikes by unmanned aircraft on militant targets in northwest Pakistan this year, according to a Reuters tally, more than half since the start of September.

Pakistan supports the US-led campaign against militancy but does not allow foreign troops or strikes inside its territory. It says the attacks violate its sovereignty and undermine efforts to deal with militancy by inflaming public anger.

The attacks put pressure on the civilian government to stand up to the United States and opposition parties have been critical of the government's failure to stop the strikes.

Air force chief Air Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed said it was up to the government to decide whether to stop such strikes through diplomatic and political means or by force.

'The air force is ready for any type of air defence,' Ahmed told reporters, referring to various types of unmanned aircraft.

'First this nation, you people, our parliament, our government, has to debate how we have to engage the foreign UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles). Whether we have to engage them diplomatically and politically to resolve it or engage them militarily,' he said.

Many al Qaeda members and Taliban fled to Pakistan's lawless ethnic Pashtun tribal belt after US soldiers and Afghan allies ousted the Taliban government in Afghanistan in late 2001.

The militants entrenched themselves in remote border enclaves from where they have been orchestrating increasingly deadly insurgencies in both Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Apparently frustrated by Pakistan's inability to tackle the militants, and alarmed by deteriorating Afghan security, the United States is hitting the militants with its drones.

Pakistan has complained to the United States over the strikes but it has shrugged off the protests.
The Washington Post this month cited unidentified Pakistani and US officials as saying the two countries agreed in September on a 'don't-ask-don't-tell' policy that allows the attacks.

Under the deal, the Post said the US government would decline to acknowledge the strikes while Pakistan would complain about them. The Pakistani government said there was no such agreement.

PAF Falcons - News Section
-----
this is what H Khan had to say:

"Few items of interest:

After the ACM made the statement that PAF can shoot down any drone, anytime, and anywhere. Zardari and Gilani had their pants on fire because of what ACM said. ACM was summoned to explain his statement to the Presidential Palace. The meeting lasted 12 minutes only and it was a standing meeting only. Other people of interest present during this meeting were Defense Minister, and Information Minister along with Zardari and Gilani. ACM stood his ground and said what he said was the truth. It was said that Sherry Rehman was smoking cigarettes like there was no tomorrow and was visibly upset and said that the ACM should resign. But Zardari injected if ‘’…if he resigns than people will think that we are weak and unpatriotic…
’’

PakDef Forums - View Single Post - India-Pakistan current war scenario

Its been known long time ago, Predator stationed in Pakistan, NWFP and Balchistan. Before they used to operate from Jacobabad. And they are operated by both Pak and US intelligence services. Whats big deal about that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom