What's new

President approves Sharia laws

wow. First PPP leader gave us pure islam by banning consumption of alcohol and declaring the ahmadis as non muslims.

The daughter (god rest her soul) gifted us the Taliban.

His son in law now gives us shariah.

Who needs extremists and fanatics, when 'moderates' are willing to oblige?

They seem moderates, but only moderately so.

wow. First PPP leader gave us pure islam by banning consumption of alcohol and declaring the ahmadis as non muslims.

The daughter (god rest her soul) gifted us the Taliban.

His son in law now gives us shariah.

Who needs extremists and fanatics, when 'moderates' are willing to oblige?

They seem moderates, but only moderately so.

Good point Dark Star.

But do not forget, by giving Shariah law, subconsiously he is splitting Pakistan literally, and time will tell on the statement I just have made. The next goal of there will be independence, since there laws are not similiar to Pakistan. Hence, movement of seperation.

The deal with TNSM is a move by the government to corner TTP in Malakand division. Sufi Mohammad has considerable influence in the area and should act as a counter weight to TTP.

Shariah law has been in force in the division since 1990's and is not new development. During Mr. Musharaf's era this was been ignored which gave a chance to the TTP to make inroads on the name of shariah. Now this excuse been removed they shall have hard time continuing especially with the Sufi Mohammad factor added.

Jus wait for a couple of weeks and all will be clear. Don't worry shariah wont effect you. You are living in a far away land in the confort of your couzy bed. You can not imagine the suffering of the people in Swat.

If shariah brings peace to the Swat than be it. Stop worrying no one will force you to become muslim as I am sure you are already a very good muslim.

All non-Pakistani members please be patient your lifes won't be affected either as we are not planning on expanding our border for the time being and are neither going to be exporting TTP to your land. You already have enough problems at your hand first take care of them. :lol:

US privately backs sharia-for-peace deal

* US official says deal will divide TNSM and TTP

Daily Times Monitor

LAHORE: The deal, under which sharia courts will be introduced in the Malakand and Kohistan districts if Taliban end their armed campaign in the Swat valley, enjoys private backing from the Americans, Daily Telegraph reported on Wednesday.

NATO fears the deal would create a new “safe haven” for extremists, a spokesman for the alliance had said on Tuesday. A statement from Britain’s High Commission in Islamabad had said: “Previous peace deals have not provided a comprehensive and long-term solution to Swat’s problems. We need to be confident that they will end violence, not create space for further violence.”

US president’s special envoy to Pakistan and Afghanistan had voiced the greatest concern. “I talked to people from Swat and they were, frankly, quite terrified. Swat has really deeply affected the people of Pakistan, not just in Peshawar but in Lahore and Islamabad,” he had said. A Defence Department official had described the deal as a “negative development”. However, US officials in Islamabad privately backed the deal as an attempt to drive a wedge between Swat’s Taliban, which is focused on its demand for sharia law, and the Al Qaeda-linked Taliban led by Baitullah Mehsud.

“The strategy has to be to divide the two groups. The TNSM and Baitullah’s TTP found some common cause briefly, but a peace deal will separate them,” said one US official. One source suggested it reflected the “smart power” thinking outlined by Hillary Clinton in her Senate confirmation hearing as secretary of state.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Not Taliban. The talks are held with TNSM not Fazlullah.

I said this before as well the elected government of Pakistan has approved it after much deliberation.

If the system delivers then why not to impose it across Pakistan.

People of Swat also demanded it therefore there should be no grinning by anyone. The decision is already hurting terrorists and they are looking for excuses to strike even after this.

Exactly. Very well said.

This move of GoP should not be minsinterpreted as GoP succumbing to so called "Talibans" demands. (The people who does not know/understand Shariah, should not be commenting on the issue, neither passing opinions, without reading through Shariah and its requirements).

Moreover, it's purely a demand of a mass majority of the region to implement the same law that was there for a 1000+ years until 1973, before the region became PATA (Provincially Administered Tribal Area) by joining Pakistan.

It is by far the best move of GoP to control the situation before infiltrating deep into the actual enemy lines (hiding behind the cloak of Talebans to show that as a problem with Islam and Pakistan), just to destablize Pakistan.

Dont do this for US, dont do this for NATO, do it for your country. Its your internal issue why do you want to bring in the Americn angle or require american funding.

I am not sure if you know the geopolitics of the great game and the strategic importance of the FATA and Afghanistan, but don't kid yourself, this all mess is brought by US of A to this region.

The talebans ruled Afghanistan for almost 6 years and not a single bullet was fired on Pakistani soil... so no, it's not our internal problem, it's an external problem for what we have been dragged into it and that provided a golden opportunity to our enemies across the eastern border to directly interfere and fuel the fire by making it look like an internal problem.

And trust me, you take United States out of Afghanistan, you will see how fast this dust will settle.

Dont do this for US, dont do this for NATO, do it for your country. Its your internal issue why do you want to bring in the Americn angle or require american funding.

US stupid policies are responsible for this whol mess in FATA,SWAT,Afghanistan, they are using our land for their stupid plans to defeat local tribes which are againt western system of governance (democracy).
These tribes can sacrifice every thing but will not accept rule of democracy.

Now in SWAT sharaih restored FATA is already in control of anti US forces , so there is no supply for NATO in Afghanistan.

SWAT shariah will play important and have stretegic importance and location

that is why now Honey moon of NATO is now over, they have to pay heavy price for future adventures in Afghanistan.

Hehhee.We may have shriah imposed on all Pakistan soon.Which is good from a muslims point of view but not as a pakistani becoz we cant tolerate each other's views especially on religion

Pardon me sir, can you explain why you write that as if it is a bad thing?

I didn't say it is a bad thing. I was just pointing to the irony of a 'secular' and 'moderate' person being at the helm of such enormous pieces of Islamic legislation.

I didn't say it is a bad thing. I was just pointing to the irony of a 'secular' and 'moderate' person being at the helm of such enormous pieces of Islamic legislation.
Sorry for the misunderstanding :)

Back
Top Bottom