What's new

Protestors warn of anarchy if blasphemy law changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a question to those who are opposing it ::
what if western countries implement blasphemy law according to their majority religion which is christanity or other countries where majority is non muslim , how would the ummah feel than ? would it be justified members ?

Yes they have every right to do that, the sooner the better, and by the way punishment for Blasphemy in Islam and Christianity is the same "Death".

interesting point did the prophet ever practice killing those who insulted him ? actually they tried to do much worse and he still forgave them so by your own logic if we are taking his example we should be saying TO HELL WITH THE BLASPHEMY LAW THEN.

Refresh your religious know how, go read Prophets biography during Madani Period and what Khulfah Rashadeen did to people who insulted prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Saying TO HELL WITH BLASPHEMY LAW MEANS TO HELL WITH SHARIA LAW, so before opening your mouth, think what u r saying.

Dont get sucked in by Media and Enlightened, secular, democratic Hypocrites, go back to Quran and Sunnah "IF" u r a Muslim, and thats a big "IF".

The original constitution of Pakistan, not the Zia radicalized version, provided for freedom of all religions in Pakistan. That original document dated from about 1950 or so.

Reading some youthful back and forth makes me sad as I see brainwashed kids who do not understand tolerance and respect for others faith and instead would impose, as in jam down the throat of others "their" version which is based on hate, not love, for mankind if they do not "agree" with their mistaken and ill founded views of religion.

Life is too short to try to control minds and hearts with hate and the excuse of religion...as Islam is not a hateful nor does it teach hate and harm to others. Only the ignorant or mislead folks who are lied to by fake mullahs who are self serving and sell fatwas for a living could say such things.

This is all against the purpose of Paksitan being a struggling democracy and about trying to have a radicalized religiously dictatorial state such as exists in Iran...where young students have been murdered and moderate leaders have been assassinated by the Ayatollah's henchmen and that feeble excuse of a card board president Amadinadjahd.

You guys are unbelievable!!!

Look at yourself... Do you even realize what you are saying??

Listen Mr... I ll give you a very good idea... When you have been humiliated and indulged yourself in henious and serious crimes across teh world... the best thing is to stay out of the spot light for as long as possible and not take the stage and start lecturing others about rights and wrongs...

There is a saying in Urdu... Ulta Chor Kotwal Ko Dante... It fits perfectly on some Americans who seem to be on a lecturing tour about tolerance (haha thats a good one) and morality...

This is nt directed at you... But I do hope that you get the point!!!

Peace

interesting point did the prophet ever practice killing those who insulted him ? actually they tried to do much worse and he still forgave them so by your own logic if we are taking his example we should be saying TO HELL WITH THE BLASPHEMY LAW THEN.

yes he did.
he did it many times. its just that ure being fed with the wrong image of him.
Ka’b bin Ashraf was one of Muhammad’s victims. As Muslim historians have reported, he was young and handsome, a talented poet and a chief of the Banu Nadir, one of the Jewish tribes of Medina . After Muhammad banished the Banu Qainuqa’, another Jewish tribe of Medina , Ka’b became concerned about his own people’s security vis-à-vis the Muslims, so he visited Mecca to seek protection. He composed poems and praised the Meccans for their bravery and honor. When Muhammad heard about this, he went to the mosque, and after the prayer, said:

“Who is willing to kill Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allâh and His Apostle?” Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, “O Allâh’s Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?” The Prophet said, “Yes.” Muhammad bin Maslama said, “Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Ka’b).” The Prophet said, “You may say it.” Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Ka’b and said, “That man (i.e. Muhammad) demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat [alms]) from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you.” On that, Kab said, “By Allâh, you will get tired of him!” Muhammad bin Maslama said, “Now as we have followed him, we do not want to leave him unless and until we see how his end is going to be. Now we want you to lend us a camel load or two of food.” …Muhammad bin Maslama and his companion promised Kab that Muhammad [bin Maslama] would return to him. He came to Kab at night along with Kab’s foster brother, Abu Na’ila. Kab invited them to come into his fort, and then he went down to them. His wife asked him, “Where are you going at this time?” Kab replied, “None but Muhammad bin Maslama and my (foster) brother Abu Na’ila have come.” His wife said, “I hear a voice as if blood is dripping from him.” Ka’b said, “They are none but my brother Muhammad bin Maslama and my foster brother Abu
Naila. A generous man should respond to a call at night even if invited to be killed.” …So Muhammad bin Maslama went in together with two men, and said to them, “When Ka’b comes, I will touch his hair and smell it, and when you see that I have got hold of his head, strip him. I will let you smell his head.” Kab bin Al-Ashraf came down to them wrapped in his clothes, and diffusing perfume. Muhammad bin Maslama said, “I have never smelt a better scent than this.” Ka’b replied, “I have got the best Arab women who know how to use the high class of perfume.” Muhammad bin Maslama requested of Ka’b, “Will you allow me to smell your head?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” Muhammad smelt it and made his companions smell it as well. Then he requested of Ka’b again, “Will you let me (smell your head)?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” When Muhammad got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), “Get at him!” So they killed him and went to the Prophet and informed him. (Abu Rafi) was killed after Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf.
Bukhari, 5.59.369

Another victim was an old man called Abu Afak, who was said to be 120 years old. He composed poetry, some of which lamented that people had become followers of Muhammad. He wrote that Muhammad was a crazed man who arbitrarily told people what was prohibited and what was allowed, and who had caused them to surrender their intelligence and become hostile to one another. Ibn Sa’d reports this story as follows:

Then occurred the “sariyyah” [raid] of Salim Ibn Umayr al-Amri against Abu Afak, the Jew, in [the month of] Shawwal in the beginning of the twentieth month from the hijrah [immigration from Mecca to Medina in AD 622], of the Apostle of Allâh. Abu Afak, was from Banu Amr Ibn Awf, and was an old man who had attained the age of one hundred and twenty years. He was a Jew, and used to instigate the people against the Apostle of Allâh, and composed (satirical) verses [about Muhammad].

Salim Ibn Umayr who was one of the great weepers and who had participated in Badr, said, “I take a vow that I shall either kill Abu Afak or die before him. He waited for an opportunity until a hot night came, and Abu Afak slept in an open place. Salim Ibn Umayr knew it, so he placed the sword on his liver and pressed it till it reached his bed. The enemy of Allâh screamed and the people who were his followers, rushed to him, took him to his house and interred him.
The Kitab al Tabaqat al kabir, Vol. 2, p 31

The only “crime” this aged man had committed was in composing satirical verses critical of Muhammad.

When Asma bint Marwan, a Jewish mother of five small children heard about this, she was so outraged that she composed a poem cursing the men of Medina for letting a stranger divide them and for allowing him to assassinate a venerable old man. Again Muhammad went to the pulpit and cried out:

“Who will rid me of Marwan’s daughter?” `Umayr bin. `Adiy al-Khatmi who was with him heard him, and that very night he went to her house and killed her. In the morning he came to the apostle and told him what he had done and he [Muhammad] said, “You have helped Allâh and His apostle, O `Umayr!” When he asked if he would have to bear any evil consequences, the apostle said, “Two goats won’t butt their heads about her.” From pp. 675-676 of The Life of Muhammad , which is A. Guilaume’s translation of Sirat Rasul Allâh.

Then there is a story that is quoted many a times by some people here, It is about a deranged old Jewish woman who used to throw garbage over muhammad every day as he passed by her house. They say that the apostle one day did not see the woman and upon enquiry he found out that she was sick. So he went to pay her a visit and showed her kindness.
What a lie!
That story belongs to Abdul Baha, the prophet of the najis Bahais and a courageous Arab woman in Akka and not to Muhammad.This story is fake the muslims allegedly stole it from Abdul Baha the founder of Bahaism. The prophet in the story was Baha and the woman who used to throw garbage was an arab muslim woman. I challenge anyone to provide authentic references.

Such story does not exist in any hadith. It is plagiarized. He ordered the assassination of a Jewish woman only because she had composed poetries against him. Would he let a Jewess throw garbage at him and then go and pay her a visit?

yes he did.
Ka’b bin Ashraf was one of Muhammad’s victims. As Muslim historians have reported, he was young and handsome, a talented poet and a chief of the Banu Nadir, one of the Jewish tribes of Medina . After Muhammad banished the Banu Qainuqa’, another Jewish tribe of Medina , Ka’b became concerned about his own people’s security vis-à-vis the Muslims, so he visited Mecca to seek protection. He composed poems and praised the Meccans for their bravery and honor. When Muhammad heard about this, he went to the mosque, and after the prayer, said:

“Who is willing to kill Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allâh and His Apostle?” Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, “O Allâh’s Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?” The Prophet said, “Yes.” Muhammad bin Maslama said, “Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Ka’b).” The Prophet said, “You may say it.” Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Ka’b and said, “That man (i.e. Muhammad) demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat [alms]) from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you.” On that, Kab said, “By Allâh, you will get tired of him!” Muhammad bin Maslama said, “Now as we have followed him, we do not want to leave him unless and until we see how his end is going to be. Now we want you to lend us a camel load or two of food.” …Muhammad bin Maslama and his companion promised Kab that Muhammad [bin Maslama] would return to him. He came to Kab at night along with Kab’s foster brother, Abu Na’ila. Kab invited them to come into his fort, and then he went down to them. His wife asked him, “Where are you going at this time?” Kab replied, “None but Muhammad bin Maslama and my (foster) brother Abu Na’ila have come.” His wife said, “I hear a voice as if blood is dripping from him.” Ka’b said, “They are none but my brother Muhammad bin Maslama and my foster brother Abu
Naila. A generous man should respond to a call at night even if invited to be killed.” …So Muhammad bin Maslama went in together with two men, and said to them, “When Ka’b comes, I will touch his hair and smell it, and when you see that I have got hold of his head, strip him. I will let you smell his head.” Kab bin Al-Ashraf came down to them wrapped in his clothes, and diffusing perfume. Muhammad bin Maslama said, “I have never smelt a better scent than this.” Ka’b replied, “I have got the best Arab women who know how to use the high class of perfume.” Muhammad bin Maslama requested of Ka’b, “Will you allow me to smell your head?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” Muhammad smelt it and made his companions smell it as well. Then he requested of Ka’b again, “Will you let me (smell your head)?” Ka’b said, “Yes.” When Muhammad got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), “Get at him!” So they killed him and went to the Prophet and informed him. (Abu Rafi) was killed after Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf.
Bukhari, 5.59.369

Another victim was an old man called Abu Afak, who was said to be 120 years old. He composed poetry, some of which lamented that people had become followers of Muhammad. He wrote that Muhammad was a crazed man who arbitrarily told people what was prohibited and what was allowed, and who had caused them to surrender their intelligence and become hostile to one another. Ibn Sa’d reports this story as follows:

Then occurred the “sariyyah” [raid] of Salim Ibn Umayr al-Amri against Abu Afak, the Jew, in [the month of] Shawwal in the beginning of the twentieth month from the hijrah [immigration from Mecca to Medina in AD 622], of the Apostle of Allâh. Abu Afak, was from Banu Amr Ibn Awf, and was an old man who had attained the age of one hundred and twenty years. He was a Jew, and used to instigate the people against the Apostle of Allâh, and composed (satirical) verses [about Muhammad].

Salim Ibn Umayr who was one of the great weepers and who had participated in Badr, said, “I take a vow that I shall either kill Abu Afak or die before him. He waited for an opportunity until a hot night came, and Abu Afak slept in an open place. Salim Ibn Umayr knew it, so he placed the sword on his liver and pressed it till it reached his bed. The enemy of Allâh screamed and the people who were his followers, rushed to him, took him to his house and interred him.

The only “crime” this aged man had committed was in composing satirical verses critical of Muhammad.

When Asma bint Marwan, a Jewish mother of five small children heard about this, she was so outraged that she composed a poem cursing the men of Medina for letting a stranger divide them and for allowing him to assassinate a venerable old man. Again Muhammad went to the pulpit and cried out:

“Who will rid me of Marwan’s daughter?” `Umayr bin. `Adiy al-Khatmi who was with him heard him, and that very night he went to her house and killed her. In the morning he came to the apostle and told him what he had done and he [Muhammad] said, “You have helped Allâh and His apostle, O `Umayr!” When he asked if he would have to bear any evil consequences, the apostle said, “Two goats won’t butt their heads about her.” From pp. 675-676 of The Life of Muhammad , which is A. Guilaume’s translation of Sirat Rasul Allâh.

Then there is a story that is quoted many a times by some people here, It is about a deranged old Jewish woman who used to throw garbage over muhammad every day as he passed by her house. They say that the apostle one day did not see the woman and upon enquiry he found out that she was sick. So he went to pay her a visit and showed her kindness.
What a lie!
That story belongs to Abdul Baha, the prophet of the najis Bahais and a courageous Arab woman in Akka and not to Muhammad.This story is fake the muslims allegedly stole it from Abdul Baha the founder of Bahaism. The prophet in the story was Baha and the woman who used to throw garbage was an arab muslim woman. I challenge anyone to provide authentic references.

Such story does not exist in any hadith. It is plagiarized. He ordered the assassination of a Jewish woman only because she had composed poetries against him. Would he let a Jewess throw garbage at him and then go and pay her a visit?

You are a metro from noida, u wont understand what Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did at especific times during his Prophethood, and why, next time on this forum if use the pharse " Victim's of Muhammad ". I will give u such a wordly treat that u will...........i hope u got the point.

Are you going to have us believe that fanatics from India came over to Pakistan and destroyed its social fabric? Seriously?

It is a factually correct statement, none of the extremists barring Maulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani (who had limited influence) were part of Jinnah's Muslim League. Maulana Maududi and his party the Jamaat-e-Islami Hind cursed Jinnah as 'Kafir-e-Azam- and Pakistan as naPakistan. They wanted to remain behind in India just like Majlis-e-Ahrar, which was grand father of all sectarian parties whose sole purpose was to disrupt the work for Pakistan. Majlis-e-Ahrar was a breakaway group of the congress and was fully funded by the congress until partition. Similarly Khudai Khidmatagar led by Bacha Khan were very close to the Congress and Gandhi. They both championed the likes of Faqir of Ipi who also opposed Pakistan.

All these people later migrated to Pakistan after the death of Jinnah. This was one of the biggest mistakes on part of Liaqat Ali Khan. Had these parties and men been barred from coming to Pakistan, we would have been saved from their sectarian, violent Islamisation that was not part and package of the nation called Pakistan.

These groups and individuals were anti-Pakistan, however they joined Pakistan later and initiated their campaign of Islamisation of Pakistan which was detrimental for the nation.

Ahmadi's and Agha Khani's (only two religious components of Pakistan who threw their full support behind it) had to take a back seat as these groups ran amuck and played with the populace because of their religious identity.

You should try to read your history because your lack of knowledge is very visible through your posts.

Your second comment is more pertinent. The fanaticism and polarization was there, but dormant. Do you believe that all the religious frenzy and emotion, of pictures of persecution and enslavement of muslims in a democratic India whipped up by Jinnah and associates to attain their objective of a nation for a religion, would have suddenly vanished on 14th August 1947. The polarization may have been a means to an end for Jinnah, unfortunately it went out of his control. It is hard to believe that a couple of leaders who were in not too popular could polarize a whole society they themselves grew in. That was Jinnah's undoing, he planted the idea, the tree grew too big.

It wasn't there, this 'fanatic and polarized' element or conduit was against the idea of Pakistan and so the modern or heretical elements were comfortable with the idea of Pakistan.

What I find odd is that you keep mentioning that Jinnah provoked the Muslims but if he was doing so, why did he failed to get the support of the hardline and extremist elements. Why didn't the likes of Maududi, Faqir of Ipi or even Azad stand shoulder to shoulder with Jinnah and repeat their message of the separate religion.

Know which was the most industrialized country prior to WWII- Gemany. Point is, economic advancement may happen in a polarized society as well.

Which two groups was Germany polarized into? As far as I am concerned the majority populace was either in support of the message being used to progress Germany into the power of the world or indifferent to the path being taken by the nation.

As for the persecuted minorities, they were far too insignificant to cause any polarization.

Exactly he carved a nation for muslims, separate from the majority hindus, the muslims had a right to believe it was a homeland of Islam, and believe they do.

But a good number of Parsi's, Christian's, Hindu's and other Muslims sects also joined the idea of Pakistan because the idea of Pakistan was something that appealed to them.

Did you know Ahmadi's and Parsi's put their own wealth into the Pakistani treasury when the nation was born and the economic conditions were bleak. Jinnah successfully managed to bring many opposing Muslim sects and other religious groups for the cause of Pakistan, it was a marvelous achievement and one which made many sacrifice their life and wealth for.

Thats what the whole laws and protests are all about still, muslim identity isn't it. People want to believe that Pakistan was built up on muslim identity and so shall it remain, sharia and blasphemy laws are just a manifestation of trying to maintain that muslim identity.

A few hundred Mullahs in every city protesting against any changes to this nonsensical laws is something hardly worth writing about. The only way that these people are either paid attention to or feared is because they can retaliate in a very harmful manner. Religion to them is a great political tool that has been used to manipulate and coerce the illiterate populace.

As you said it was dormant, the idea that Paksitan is a nation created for muslims was always there.

For Muslim sects of India, the groups who were dormant were anti-Pakistan and these are the same ones that got the opportunity to use the religion as a political tool. This is why there is a big difference between the Muslim groups who actually worked for Pakistan and the ones who did not. Take Mufti Mahmud for example, he is another anti-Pakistan Mullah who later migrated to Pakistan and caused much damage to it. Bhutto gave into their demands and caused great damage to this nation by letting such elements use the idea for their own political mileage.

These people you so contemptously dismiss as being brainwashed are the ones that seem to be driving your policies and Pakistan. A law that is simply illogical and holds no place in a civilised society is applicable in Pakistan because the people support it, people obviously believe in the idea that Pakistan is an Islamic state and archaic laws need to be established there to prove it. Blaming it on a couple of leaders is futile, those leaders were supported by masses and their policies still are, its after all the masses that will decide which direction a nation takes. Its a case of existential crisis, Pakistan was promised as a land for muslims by Jinnah, now Pakistanis are out to prove it.

Zia ul Haq brought in these laws, he wasn't an elected leader, even his own countrymen despised him. The only reason he stuck around was because US and Saudi Arabia propped him up because of his requirement in a vital geo-political strategy.

Search Time Magazine archives to read reports of mass protests against these laws and Hudood Ordinance in general by the Pakistan's but Zia stuck it out.

There was even a coup against him underway in 1981 but he was saved by fellow Jihadi Akhtar Rahman. In Pakistan many laws have passed without any input from the masses and it is illogical for you to say that this is supported by the masses. You cannot prove to me that this is supported by the masses except for the religious elements who have always been psychotic.

Your point of view is hindered by your lack of awareness on the temporal issues we are discussing. This law is based on religion but is against the tenants of the religions it is based on.

This is another point of consideration but we might stray far off topic.

yes he did.

Bukhari, 5.59.369

What a lie!

Source: Dove World Outreach Center U.S

What a moronic post... and such bold claims... Mr metro... Instead of challenging us why dont you show us a Bahai reference for this story...

See now how he runs away with his tail between his legs...

yes he did.

Bukhari, 5.59.369

What a lie!

whats your source ?

The standards of civil law and order are the same the world over. Living one's life in a religious sense does not give anyone the right to try to "mind control" others who differ in their views or who simply have no strong religious views and wish to be left alone and are otherwise harming no one.

I used to think in terms of "other nations" norms and views on religion and philosphy of life until 911 proved that being lacadasical toward radical nut cases leads of violence worldwide, not just at home where the nut case has grown away from the norm of life in places like Afghanistan and Pakistan, where regions within each nation are fraught with poverty, illiteracy, and people trading in poppies for opium quick cash, without having a fair chance to do alterantive, constructive, productive work to earn less but to earn a clean living.

Crime pays as long as some use it to finance more crime in the name of their radicalized view of life...look carefully at the leadership, mullahs and others, to see how they live, where they bank and how much they have in the bank, and see if they themselves are as severe with themselves as they wish others to be treated severely. Oh you say banking involves usury and is forbidden! Don't kid yourself. Folks feed off of weaker people, innocents, and the bottom line is the stronger radical profits in ways and means...some of the radical leadership have overseas bank accounts in Switzerland.

A great long term problem especially in parts of Pakistan are the minorities who are afraid to speak up, the moderate majority who are afraid of violence if they otherwise honestly and truly speak up. It is a lack of more and more people taking moderate stands, publiclay, but then again, some poor little girl or boy will be used as a human bomb to kill moderates at large gatherings...and the poor child has been brain washed to think they are earning points and are on their way to Paradise for doing a "good deed" ie, killing their fellow Pakistanis. Shame and disgust!!!

i think your export version hasnt worked in countries like iran, iraq, afghanistan, veitnam, now you have guts to preach yours to us and tell us, we are wrong???

things which are not acccording to US is radicalization,terrorism, exis of evil, blah blah

Last edited:
Quaid e Azam also said that Pakistan will never be a theocratic state. Please read his August 11th speech.

A lot has happened since 1947.

You will find liberal Pakistanis who preach a secular Pakistan only on the internet today. You will never dare hold rallies and come out in the thousands in Islamabad, Lahore, and even in the most liberal Pakistani city Karachi against blasphemy laws and for a secular Pakistan.

And look how easy it is for thousands of conservative Pakistanis who want a more Islamic Pakistan to come out in the streets of Karachi and Lahore to hold rallies in favor for the blasphemy laws.

In the end the extremists always gets the media coverage because they know how to get the attention, not that every Pakistani in that rally is an extremist.

Secular or Islamic Republic, I will always support Pakistan.

:pakistan:

Last edited:
Overseas Pakistanis know the difference in free, democratic nations vs. the still struggling quasi-democracy in Pakistan. You are not subject to harm if you speak up objectively for moderate, down to earth needs and goals you might wish for your homeland.

Have courage and don't be "cowed" by the terrorists and their cheap jingoist slogans.

Reactions: SQ8
Overseas Pakistanis know the difference in free, democratic nations vs. the still struggling quasi-democracy in Pakistan. You are not subject to harm if you speak up objectively for moderate, down to earth needs and goals you might wish for your homeland.

Have courage and don't be "cowed" by the terrorists and their cheap jingoist slogans.

It is not that hard to organize a rally against the blasphemy laws and for a secular Pakistan in Pakistan's major liberal cities (Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi).

Thats if they are determined. I've seen pictures of a dozen or so protesting against blasphemy laws but never thousands.

And there are millions of Pakistanis who want a secular Pakistan with no blasphemy laws, they just need determination to get their voices heard.

Why should she be punished? After all she is not muslim and so to her Muhammad is just some guy. Besides there is really no such thing as blasphamy just free speech.

I dont agree with this wierd law! But u cant just go on and abuse somebdy who has a following of 1.6-7 billion people just bcoz u think Hes some guy!:tdown:

Ur freedom ends where mine starts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom