What's new

PTI govt issues ordinance to waive over Rs300b GIDC dues

Half a dozen fertiliser companies have been given the benefit of Rs69 billion, which they had collected from the poor farmers but refused to deposit in national coffers.
Lolllzzz, are they trying to kill the whole agriculture sector?

ooper aik keh raha hey us k ilawa 99% people idiot hain.idaltey banai hi kyu sab kuch out court settle kar liya karo.
Nawaz sharif or Zardari b happily out of court settlement kar ley gey.
ab mey b kaho ga PTI hey tu hilal hey.

Not long ago we were crying about water crisis , dams etc , and pointing to lack of finances . Look at our education system :( , Projects are on standstill due to lack of funds. Where is all that outcry. Poor people are being taxed to their skins while the plans are to reach their bone marrow in the upcoming years. And then suddenly a HATIM TAI decides to wipe out almost 2 billion dollars from the records which has been collected from common Pakistanis.

Plus you will listen to the benefits of distributing money to the elites.o_O

Wait wasnt it a court decision that they won?

Do you think that this cost was not retrieved from the consumer by the supplier in their end product ? All these companies are sitting on that money and now its being puffed off. Harap kar gaye hain paisa. Apart from this people forget that the same fertilizer sector has been continuously getting Huge amount of subsidies (farmer). Add to that the sky rocketing prices of fertilizers and other end use products.Exports can be increased by subsidizing not by bandar bant to specific entities.
no because it was value added tax...i.e a tax on industries not a sales tax kinda direct tax

people upset of GIDS should kill themselves on subsidies given to textile industries

if GIDS waiver is bad than subsidies given to textile and fertilizer industry is genocide

ultimately tax breaks benefits the industries and people will have to decide what they want...they want industries to stay or leave..it is as simple as that

no because it was value added tax...i.e a tax on industries not a sales tax kinda direct tax

Will you like to tell us keh zulaikha mard thi ya aurat ?
What is tax on industries ? Secondly sales tax is not direct tax its indirect tax so is a value added tax . All of which are passed to the end consumers. Are you trying to tell us that value added tax is a direct tax like income tax :what: ? You want to tell us that these industries are paying this money from their pocket without adding it to their product prices ? Because it is evident that the money was collected from time to time but it was not paid to the government.

people upset of GIDS should kill themselves on subsidies given to textile industries

Subsidies benefits consumers and supplier by bringing the prices down while maintaining profitability. Tell us how the waiving of GIDS is better than providing subsidy to end consumer. It is a clear case of tax theft collected already from consumer. And Maulana sahab you are issuing fatwas of killings!:omghaha:

if GIDS waiver is bad than subsidies given to textile and fertilizer industry is genocide

Both are expenses for the government while one benefits both consumer and industry, the other is gifting collected tax money to the pockets of industrialist expecting them to do what ? Expecting them to re-invest and creat jobs . Dams ka kya bana janab?

ultimately tax breaks benefits the industries and people will have to decide what they want...they want industries to stay or leave..it is as simple as that

Tax breaks or tax robbery ? they are different things :no:

Last edited:
Will you like to tell us keh zulaikha mard thi ya aurat ?
What is tax on industries ? Secondly sales tax is not direct tax its indirect tax so is a value added tax . All of which are passed to the end consumers. Are you trying to tell us that value added tax is a direct tax like income tax :what: ? You want to tell us that these industries are paying this money from their pocket without adding it to their product prices ? Because it is evident that the money was collected from time to time but it was not paid to the government.

Subsidies benefits consumers and supplier by bringing the prices down while maintaining profitability. Tell us how the waiving of GIDS is better than providing subsidy to end consumer. It is a clear case of tax theft collected already from consumer. And Maulana sahab you are issuing fatwas of killings!:omghaha:

Both are expenses for the government while one benefits both consumer and industry, the other is gifting collected tax money to the pockets of industrialist expecting them to do what ? Expecting them to re-invest and creat jobs . Dams ka kya bana janab?

Tax breaks or tax robbery ? they are different things :no:
  1. waiving additional super tax that was never collected in last 10 years is worse than giving subsidy i.e money collected from other people ??????? what are you talking about??..its obvious the second is worse as you are giving others people money!
  2. there is no two opinion in this will increase the profits of industry thus discouraging to leave, as i said people of Pakistan need to decide you cant have it both ways, either impose super tax and let the industry die or give tax relief and stimulate growth..i can tell you what Bangladesh and Vietnam did.. but this your choice...
PS: Pakistan corprate tax is higher than USA..this is actually funny ..it increased from 20% to 35 % in PPPP era and was dropped to 30% in PML N era

-----
GIDS is tax based upon govt calculation ..govt claims it was passed on to consumer and industry denies it..as it wasnt a direct tax (like sales tax) there i no clear way to confirm who is right..

1. waiving additional super tax that was never collected in last 10 years is worse than giving subsidy i.e money collected from other people ??????? what are you talking about??..its obvious the second is worse as you are giving others people money!
  2. there is no two opinion in this will increase the profits of industry thus discouraging to leave, as i said people of Pakistan need to decide you cant have it both ways, either impose super tax and let the industry die or give tax relief and stimulate growth..i can tell you what Bangladesh and Vietnam did.. but this your choice...
PS: Pakistan corprate tax is higher than USA..this is actually funny ..it increased from 20% to 35 % in PPPP era and was dropped to 30% in PML N era

You are in a denial mood. And that is quite understandable , while the government sources says that it was collected by companies from time to time but you wont admit it. Because this round and round policy will not work anymore.it is the biggest theft in the history of pakistan . All will come out , the benefactor of this deal. where this money is going this is not rocket science. :-)

For the rest you dont know what you are talking about, it is quite evident. Dont fire here and there sir, you cannot simply defend this stance at its core!.

..GIDS is tax based upon govt calculation ..govt claims it was passed on to consumer and industry denies it..as it wasnt a direct tax (like sales tax) there i no clear way to confirm who is right

As i said ! Thank you for adding it yourself.

Last edited:
You are in a denial mood. And that is quite understandable , while the government sources says that it was collected by companies from time to time but you wont admit it. Because this round and round policy will not work anymore.it is the biggest theft in the history of pakistan . All will come out , the benefactor of this deal. where this money is going this is not rocket science. :-)

For the rest you dont know what you are talking about, it is quite evident. Dont fire here and there sir, you cannot simply defend this stance at its core!.

As i said ! Thank you for adding it yourself.

Care to explain how much we have collected so far?
IMG_20190902_214238.jpg

IMG_20190902_214513.jpg

Care to explain how much we have collected so far?
View attachment 577154

View attachment 577156

Sure , Read the statement " collection practically halted since 2016".
upload_2019-9-2_20-51-44.png

It means previously collection was ongoing this is according to him. While i believe its still not the full truth , Omer ayub is not spilling all the beans. He refers to the passing on of GIDC for power sector. But he swiftly ignores the details of fertilizer and textile industry which are the two biggest benefactors. The point is the money was collected from time to time but government didnt recieve it.

Sure , Read the statement " collection practically halted since 2016".
View attachment 577169

It means previously collection was ongoing this is according to him. While i believe its still not the full truth , Omer ayub is not spilling all the beans. He refers to the passing on of GIDC for power sector. But he swiftly ignores the details of fertilizer and textile industry which are the two biggest benefactors. The point is the money was collected from time to time but government didnt recieve it.
It meant previously both govt failed to do so and not a single penny could be recover. So what makes you think we can recover this time from court? previous govt create mess and you want this govt to clear the mess and go in legislation of from 2009 onward again. Do you have any guarantee that this could be resolve sooner?Because in 2015 PMLN thought they have strong case and then it all went down. Already this govt is doing more than any govt did in past yet you are not happy.

Why opposition take this to court then?

It meant previously both govt failed to do so and not a single penny could be recover. So what makes you think we can recover this time from court? previous govt create mess and you want this govt to clear the mess and go in legislation of from 2009 onward again. Do you have any guarantee that this could be resolve sooner?Because in 2015 PMLN thought they have strong case and then it all went down. Already this govt is doing more than any govt did in past yet you are not happy.Why opposition take this to court then?

A presidential ordinance could have been issued to confiscate the properties of those involved and their industries taken over.:omghaha: It will be more evident when the names of parties come out who benefited.Its a unique case of robery of tax money with the government being involved in it. One of its Kind!

Last edited:
A presidential ordinance could have been issued to confiscate the properties of those involved and their industries taken over.:omghaha: It will be more evident when then names of parties come out who benefited.Its a unique case of robery of tax money with the government being involved in it. One of its Kind!

It was a lost case in anyway so to move forward i think this is fine or keep hanging on court doors for ages

Back
Top Bottom