What's new

PTI | Imran Khan's Political Desk.

‘Third force’: Musharraf vexed about Imran’s rise in politics
By Zia Khan
Published: December 13, 2011
ISLAMABAD:
The rise of Imran Khan and his party Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) as an ‘alternative third force’ in mainstream politics isn’t sitting too well with former president Pervez Musharraf and his All Pakistan Muslim League (APML).
The ex-military strongman fears that the cricketing legend’s ‘dream run’ is diminishing his own chances of riding the crest of public anger against the conventional opposition parties.
Musharraf, who ruled Pakistan between 1999 and 2008, is contemplating offering Imran a ‘working relationship’ for a ‘minimum common agenda’ of defeating two major parties, his spokesperson said.
But, an official of Imran’s PTI said, there was ‘no way in hell’ Imran could have any informal relations or formal alliance with the dictator because he abrogated the constitution and there was ‘no room for him’ in Pakistan politics.
“Frankly, we are concerned about the rise of Imran … informal relations exist between us and of course when Musharraf comes back there can be an attempt at formalising them,” said a spokesperson for the former president and his All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) Fawad Chaudhry.
The spokesperson went on to add that Musharraf, who had earlier announced to make a comeback to Pakistan on March 23 next year, was reconsidering his return plan and might be in the country before March 23.
“He will try to come back earlier for a couple of reasons. Of course, the prime reason being Imran’s unstoppable advance and secondly the uncertainty at the political front,” he said, adding that if there were to be snap elections in Pakistan, the party would be left out if Musharraf wasn’t in the country.
The spokesperson, however, hastened to play down what experts have termed a ‘surprise jump’ in Imran’s popularity, saying that Musharraf’s absence played a major role in the rise of Imran and his party into mainstream politics.
“Imran is flying high because Musharraf is not here … had he been here, things would have been altogether different,” he argued.
Chaudhry refused to elaborate on the dynamics of the ‘informal relations’ between the APML and PTI, but a spokesperson for the PTI said Imran was in no mood of either having Musharraf in his party or accepting an alliance with the dictator’s group.
“There is no way in hell Imran can accept Musharraf … there is no room for him in Pakistan’s politics. Like (President Asif Ali) Zardari and (PML-N chief) Nawaz Sharif, he will have to face the music,” said PTI Islamabad Information Secretary Sulaiman Malik.
Published in The Express Tribune, December 13th, 2011.
‘Third force’: Musharraf vexed about Imran’s rise in politics – The Express Tribune

I don't think Asghar khan joined PTI, but lended his support and sympathy to Imran khan.

When Imran Khan wins, Asghar Khan would be a good choice for Presidency. The guy has given all his life to the country in uniform and without and sacrificed for the principles.

I don't think Asghar khan joined PTI, but lended his support and sympathy to Imran khan.

When Imran Khan wins, Asghar Khan would be a good choice for Presidency. The guy has given all his life to the country in uniform and without and sacrificed for the principles.

December 2011 party leader Asghar Khan had joined the political party of Imran Khan called Pakistan Tehreek-e-insaf, subsequently Tehrik-e-Istiqlal has been dissolved and merged into PTI.

Clash between PTI old and new
Separately, at another news conference Imran Khan was planning to welcome Khyber-Pukhtunkhwa Irrigation Minister Pervez Khattak to the party. This ended abruptly when two rival groups from Nowshera district clashed with stones and sticks, leaving many injured.
PTI’s old workers from Nowshera, led by Sajid Ghumriani, opposed the decision by Imran to accept Khattak in the party’s fold, blaming him for corruption.
The fight went on for almost an hour, forcing Imran to cancel the event and delay the joining of Khattak. PTI’s spokesperson Zahid Kazmi later told media that a committee had been set up to identify those who created the scene. He said that Khattak’s affiliation with the party would be decided once the committee came up with its report within two days.
Published in The Express Tribune, December 13th, 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
No comments. Speechless I am. Video speaks volumes itself and its saddening to see all this.

This is probably old - Imran Khan seems to be abroad fundraising. But it is pretty pathetic.

This doesn't happen in other parties where the leader is "King" and all have to bow to their wishes, democracy is good and people should be able to vent and express their views, but this needs to be civilized. I hope PTI does something to address this fundamental problem.

Its not PTI.. rather personal rivalry.
If I was IK.. I would suspend the instigators membership.

A party living in Lalaland following their leader who is himself a broken man.

Abrarul Haq: Tuning in to PTI
By Sher Khan
Published: December 13, 2011

Is Abrarul Haq sitting on PTI’s hot seat?
LAHORE:
Whether you love the party or despise it, there is one positive thing Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has done in a very short while. It has woken up the Pakistani youth from their former days of complete political indifference. And where the youth goes, music and fashion are sure to follow. Nowadays everyone, from musicians and poets to models and fashion designers, wants to join the Imran Khan brigade.
Recently, there was much furore over Abrarul Haq, the king of bhangra music and the musical icon behind “Billo” joining PTI. Although the musician-turned-social worker hasn’t officially given an acceptance statement yet, The Express Tribune spoke with Haq to learn more about the artist’s alleged political affiliation mentioned on PTI’s Facebook page.
“It is the love PTI members have for me that instigated this announcement, but I haven’t joined the party yet,” said Haq. “I have consulted the members of the Youth Parliament of Pakistan (YPP), my close friends and family members — they have all given me the green signal to join PTI. However, when I officially join the party, I’ll hold a press conference informing everyone myself,” he added. When asked whether he will be a part of the PTI’s Karachi dharna on December 25, the music maestro laughingly said, “You never know!”
Haq hasn’t been the only musician who has been associated with PTI. On August 11, the Islamabad-based band Alag came out with a patriotic number called “Jaago Pakistan”, which was dedicated to PTI. Amongst other musicians, the band Soch, Alterego and pop singer Shahzaman Alam have also expressed their support. A plethora of Imran Khan’s own friends such as Ali Azmat, Strings and others who had worked with him during charity tours to raise funds for Shaukat Khanum Cancer Memorial Hospital have been consistent supporters of his public rallies.
One of Imran Khan’s childhood friends, Mian Yousuf Salahuddin, who is the grandson of Allama Iqbal, has composed three songs including the hugely popular Kalam-e-Iqbal “Utho Meri Duniya Ke Gareebo Ko Jaga Do” sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. He handed two of his compositions over to Insaf Student Federation (ISF) for PTI’s Lahore jalsa. “PTI have brought out this passion and nationalism and the media is witnessing this movement,” says Salahuddin.
PTI’s youth wing and its office bearers have also promoted underground musicians by allowing them to perform at rallies. On the other hand, underground bands have chosen dharnas as a platform because they pull in a much larger audience than regular concerts.
“By and large, musicians and students relate to Imran Khan. They have witnessed Imran Khan’s philanthropic endeavours for years,” says Fauzia Kasuria, the Vice President of PTI’s Womens Wing. Kasuri adds that to make the dharnas more interactive and entertaining, PTI’s Peshawar dharna featured several unknown folk musicians, while in Lahore, several underground musicians also performed.
Maria B adds a fashionable touch to PTI
Fashion designer Maria Butt, popularly known as Maria B, has joined PTI and become a member of its womens wings. When asked the reasons that made her choose PTI, Maria B gave three reasons, “Firstly, I admire Imran Khan’s character because for the past 15 years he hasn’t succumbed to pressure or corruption. Secondly, I run my private fashion house, and never before have I seen poverty and helplessness levels rise to this extent amongst my workers. Thirdly, I haven’t seen the youth getting involved in politics. Today, the youth is becoming politically active and interested in voting and this trend can be attributed to PTI.”
With additional reporting by Rafay Mahmood and Saadia Qamar
Design: Jamal Khurshid
Published in The Express Tribune, December 14th, 2011.

Musharaf is a failed man, he has enjoyed power for 8 years and still wants more,

what nation can expect from a man who could not deliver in his 8 years rule

Musharaf is a failed man, he has enjoyed power for 8 years and still wants more,

what nation can expect from a man who could not deliver in his 8 years rule

Failed man? excuse me, us ka zamanay may yea loot mar nahi hoti tha jo ab ho raha hai.

Back
Top Bottom