2015: $28.69 billion
2016: $27.4 billion
2017: $27.89 billion
2018: $30.56 billion
2019: $30.14 billion
2020: $27.94 billion
2021: $31.55 billion
2022: $39.42 billion

Some possible explanations include the TERF loans PTI had given to manufacturers to expand or build new factories to increase production. Musharraf did something similar before he left by 2008, so PPP was able to ride that increase in exports for their period.

It's important to note PTI took over 2018, witnessed COVID, and did not complete their five year term.

One thing is clear though. PMLN and exports should not be mentioned in the same breath.

@ziaulislam @epebble @PakFactor
@Jango
F84sF6LaMAA9LZ1.png

umh... you have to work with that buddy, not just you the world has to work with that, major economies throughout the world have to deal with that
It's part of the job, you can't use it as an excuse- because oil prices fluctuates all the time

$2 Billion

"The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) had reported a staggering current account deficit (CAD) of $17.48 billion in fiscal year 2022."
4-year high, previous record was Pmln's

https://www.fitchratings.com/entity/pakistan-94558490#ratings
If I am reading this correctly, it was B- for year 2022
B in 2016, 17, 15 - By your metric Dar was doing a great job

"Overall, the government had given a massive subsidy of Rs1.5 trillion in the previous fiscal year."
"budget deficit was Rs5.3 trillion"
"The government of Pakistan had set the budget deficit target at Rs3.4 trillion"
put 2 and 2 together

again its part of the job- every government has some global crisis to work through
You can't use it as an excuse to balloon up deficits, good administrations see the crisis and act accordingly so they don't experience issues down the line

You can use these factors as an excuse for low growth, that's fair but you can't use them as an excuse to run huge difficult to manage deficits
You got sick you had medical bill
It's part of job I will still give b-

What kinda joke is that??
We all saw what happened when PMLN took over in the situation

So now CAD of 17b$ in context of 2 b$ + vaccines and record high commodity crisis and oil prices is still lower then rolling deficit of PMLN in 2018 with ZERO record low global inflation low oil prices and no COVID imports

Thanks for reading about it I hope your knowledge increased a bit

Don't dispoint me by saying Imran Khan did a good job that will destroy my Youthia jiyalas theory and may mean that people can change

I believe people never change

Pretty much in line with what I'm saying. That REER is above 100 during PMLN period and export index is very low. A REER below 100, like during PTI period, means the country's exports are competitive, while imports are expensive. You can see the exports take off. Import ban drags the exports down because it includes raw materials. Whereas during COVID, global lockdown reduced trade.

Data is clear. Keep PMLN away from running the economy!

Pretty much in line with what I'm saying. That REER is above 100 during PMLN period and export index is very low. A REER below 100, like during PTI period, means the country's exports are competitive, while imports are expensive. You can see the exports take off. Import ban drags the exports down because it includes raw materials. Whereas during COVID, global lockdown reduced trade.

Data is clear. Keep PMLN away from running the economy!
When it comes to patwaris data doesn't matter

You can't build and stand an export industry in 5 yrs yet we saw for th first time real growth in exports, ease of business and mainstreaming of remittances as well investors confidence

All of that is down the drain with triple rating downgrade

It will take decades in recovery now

First time in 20 years we acheived something never before we achieved this in the 21st century

Real negative growth not even COVID nope..not largest floods of century in 2010 nope..
But great administrator yes we did
RDT_20231021_0145171798924091981317631.png

But hey enjoy and don't complain

It makes me very angry when my PMLN voting relatives complain

Roshan Digital account $6Billion increase by pti.

Simple question, how much exports increased by PMLN ever? 0

PML N Government has always proven to be a disaster for economy and exports.

Well we have another 5 years let see what happens
May be more if asim munir shahab gets a third extension

Well we have another 5 years let see what happens
May be more if asim munir shahab gets a third extension
Roshan Digital went to 0, $6 billion gone

exports decline to $27 Billion

So hanstay kheltay around $9 billion gone koiye baat nahi just 9 hi tou thai kaun sa $1000 billion thai lol

The thing is, no government have control over everything in the country. We all know who controls everything, u have togive them huge shares. You cannot stop smuggling. So unless there is a government that have full control, nothing can be done.

Roshan Digital Account is at $0 now.

Exports down.

Remittances down.

The thing is, no government have control over everything in the country. We all know who controls everything, u have togive them huge shares. You cannot stop smuggling. So unless there is a government that have full control, nothing can be done.
You can control optics

Just all all overseas youthias and see what happens to your remittances and home buying/real estate

You got sick you had medical bill
It's part of job I will still give b-

What kinda joke is that??
We all saw what happened when PMLN took over in the situation

So now CAD of 17b$ in context of 2 b$ + vaccines and record high commodity crisis and oil prices is still lower then rolling deficit of PMLN in 2018 with ZERO record low global inflation low oil prices and no COVID imports

Thanks for reading about it I hope your knowledge increased a bit

Don't dispoint me by saying Imran Khan did a good job that will destroy my Youthia jiyalas theory and may mean that people can change

I believe people never change
you yourself are answering your own questions here

Normal developing countries= high oil prices, commodity crisis, covid crisis
Let's slow down, if we have to take a hit of low or negative growth so be it, pass on those prices to consumers but keep our financial fundamentals intact as that's our priority

Pti= experience economic growth when most of the world was experiencing low growth
give out a massive subsidy resulting in huge budget deficit, way more than your target
Ran record high CAD (catch 101 they did it to grow the economy, but when they did that it increased the demand for even more imports sure exports grew, we saw growth but it was unbalanced, made our CAD worse off than it would have been if gov was smart in working within their means- put your economy to a standstill so it passes these global crisis without affecting your economic fundamentals too much and later on after these crisis are over start clean, conservative 5% growth)

when you're in global crisis economically unstable developing countries normally purposely slow down their own economy as to not run CAD, budget deficits like we did - we did the opposite

Last edited:
you yourself are answering your own questions here

Normal developing countries= high oil prices, commodity crisis, covid crisis
Let's slow down, if we have to take a hit of low or negative growth so be it, pass on those prices to consumers but keep our financial fundamentals intact as that's our priority

Pti= experience economic growth when most of the world was experiencing low growth
give out a massive subsidy resulting in huge budget deficit, way more than your target
Ran record high CAD (again because those subsidies encouraged even more imports of oil other such imports etcetc resulting in growth)

Use this false growth as an achievement when it's anything but

when you're in global crisis economically unstable developing countries normally purposely slow down their own economy as to not run CAD, budget deficits like we did
Math is simple
Adjusted for oil prices of 70 CAD was neutral, so if the govt had continued same trajectory it would have been easily able to to keep its trajectory

The double down grade brought in be ishaq dar dollar controll (which apparently you love) meant that a bank run was inevitable and that's what happened overnight everything evaporated

Hence if you say ishaq dar will be indians finance minister, India will be bankrupted overnight

As for comparison with 2017, well a 3 billion dollar per year of USA money and historical low oil prices caused a CAD that worse in this century worse then 2022 when we had high oil prices, no CSF funding, COVID vaccines and high Cpec repayment

The best of sharif was suppose to navigate us but apparently sharif 2 wasn't as good as sharif 1

Honestly I am with you nawaz sharif/ishaq dar is an overseas Pakistani like us not sure why overseas Pakistanis don't like him,he has done great service for us by fucking Pakistan...as our buying power has increased a lot

So I am with you. Nawaz sharif zindabad
Cacaine Khan murdadabad

Math is simple
Adjusted for oil prices of 70 CAD was neutral,
Don't "adjust for" oil prices of 70 or give math for what could have been

adapt to your economic realities
Slow down when you see there are multiple crisis going on - work within your means
Don't overblow your economy when you see you can't handle it,slow down, don't overblow your CAD, don't get out of imf program
When you see there are issues with high oil prices, commodity super cycle slow down your growth
Especially when your growth is so much import reliant as an economy
so if the govt had continued same trajectory it would have been easily able to to keep its trajectory
One more Could have
The double down grade brought in be ishaq dar dollar controll (which apparently you love)
dumbass who said that?, Stop using cheap drugs
meant that a bank run was inevitable and that's what happened overnight everything evaporated

Hence if you say ishaq dar will be indians finance minister, India will be bankrupted overnight

As for comparison with 2017, well a 3 billion dollar per year of USA money and historical low oil prices caused a CAD that worse in this century worse then 2022 when we had high oil prices, no CSF funding, COVID vaccines and high Cpec repayment

The best of sharif was suppose to navigate us but apparently sharif 2 wasn't as good as sharif 1

Honestly I am with you nawaz sharif/ishaq dar is an overseas Pakistani like us not sure why overseas Pakistanis don't like him,he has done great service for us by fucking Pakistan...as our buying power has increased a lot

So I am with you. Nawaz sharif zindabad
Cacaine Khan murdadabad
Stop the drugs, idk why you're bringing them as an example
They were very stupid, every sane homosapien knows that at this point

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom