What's new

PTI takes another U-turn on Non-Filers

There is no "ample historical, and current evidence" from this government. You do not know for certain that this was the intent of this decision, or that what you allege actually happened. It is speculation based on your own negative mindset. It is nothing but a conspiracy theory, much like "9/11 was an inside job", or "the moon landing was a hoax".

The bureaucracy remains substantially the same Sir. Please never forget that. I am NOT blaming this new government for this step, but I know how the bureaucracy works.

The bureaucracy remains substantially the same Sir. Please never forget that. I am NOT blaming this new government for this step, but I know how the bureaucracy works.
Thanks for clarifying that you are not blaming the new government. Although your original assertion did seem to imply that the government had some ulterior motive behind the initial decision and the subsequent change.

As for the bureaucracy, there is no evidence that they conspired with the government to benefit from this decision. Knowing "how the bureaucracy works" is not evidence. Just because a man has murdered two people, you cannot assume that he has murdered the third.

So it is still a conspiracy theory.

Thanks for clarifying that you are not blaming the new government. Although your original assertion did seem to imply that the government had some ulterior motive behind the initial decision and the subsequent change.

As for the bureaucracy, there is no evidence that they conspired with the government to benefit from this decision. Knowing "how the bureaucracy works" is not evidence. Just because a man has murdered two people, you cannot assume that he has murdered the third.

So it is still a conspiracy theory.

There are no ulterior motives in such moves, only set pathways to benefiting a few at the cost of many. That is just the way things are done in Pakistan.

Take another example: the much ballyhooed New Auto Policy. The net end result will be that a few hundred vehicles will find their way into a select few people's hands as road test and pre-production samples. The schemes will slowly fade away.

And before you point out my non-existent tinfoil hat, please look into what happened with the previous Daewoo Taxis, and many more similar attempts. If you really want to look into big money, look at the timing of SROs for changing customs duties and release of certain consignments, but that is a long assignment.

To come back to this topic, without knowing whose paperwork went through the short-timed window, whose to say one way or another? Try filing a FOIA and get stone-walled again. Another CPT 101.

Once we know a murderer, identifying the number killed is merely a secondary exercise. :D

But, such matters are no longer my concern. I am just a spectator. Please carry on the current act of the same damn show according to your preferences. NMFP.

iseey kehtey hain na tajarbeykary, may be one advisor said allow them to buy cars and houses so economy continues and without any thought Imran agreed like he has done so many times before on Sheikh Rasheed'd advises. then later another advisor said Khan Sahab is tarah to koi tax ne dega phir, Khan saab liked his advise and put the ban again...dont think this will be the last

In my opinion they should lift the ban and ask car dealers to provide complete information of buyers and then go after them if they are non filer

There are no ulterior motives in such moves, only set pathways to benefiting a few at the cost of many. That is just the way things are done in Pakistan.

Take another example: the much ballyhooed New Auto Policy. The net end result will be that a few hundred vehicles will find their way into a select few people's hands as road test and pre-production samples. The schemes will slowly fade away.

And before you point out my non-existent tinfoil hat, please look into what happened with the previous Daewoo Taxis, and many more similar attempts. If you really want to look into big money, look at the timing of SROs for changing customs duties and release of certain consignments, but that is a long assignment.

To come back to this topic, without knowing whose paperwork went through the short-timed window, whose to say one way or another? Try filing a FOIA and get stone-walled again. Another CPT 101.

Once we know a murderer, identifying the number killed is merely a secondary exercise. :D

But, such matters are no longer my concern. I am just a spectator. Please carry on the current act of the same damn show according to your preferences. NMFP.
All I see is a bunch of straw men in your post. We are talking about a very specific government decision.

While it may not be your effing problem, I am just pointing out the flaws in your argument. I'm out.

Wt* is this term Non-Filer? IMO, government should remove this clause; making every person (provided he is a resident) or entity running business or having means of earnings a filer and the party not doing so (filing returns) should be fined or jailed.
Only overseas Pakistanis and non-residents should be allowed to purchase land or other assets without paying the taxes applied.

Only overseas Pakistanis and non-residents should be allowed to purchase land or other assets without paying the taxes applied.

Why even this exemption? EVERYBODY must pay taxes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom