What's new

Punjab divided into smaller provinces.

Yes absolutely all provinces need to be dissolved so that resources are spent more equally

Hopw u do big project like cpec road with small units? u needs provincial and federal unity...

Division of all provinces is not the issue of good or not good, everyone knows its better for people. The issue is personal interests of some who are in control and not let it happened as they don't want to share power and benefit they have, with people of Pakistan. For these people, their personal interests are much much important than existence of Pakistan. Because of them Pakistan divided in 71 and they won't shy to do it again and again for their personal benefits. These people won't make more province. Till these people are here, Division of province has less chances than division of Pakistan.

Division of provinces and transfer of benefits to people of Pakistan will remain a dream.......... A sad reality.

Dont you think calling sindhis uneducated is bit racist ?

Dont you think calling sindhis uneducated is bit racist ?

YOU THINK FROM YOUR WORD WE WILL FIGHT GOOD TRY HAHAHAHHA KEEP UP AND THINK ABOUT YOUR PUNJAB WHAT THEY WANT AND GIVE THEM FREEDOM

We do not need provincial system. Disband all provinces and go to district level.

No province should be big enough that it alone decides who will rule over entire Pakistan, otherwise you have Nasoor Sharif type situation who is the choice of Punjab but hardly manages any votes from anywhere else. Under the current census Punjab has a population which is 52% of Pakistan, this means it should be split into two provinces of 20-30% each.

This measure isn't to target Punjab specifically, but to break the monopoly of one province. If tomorrow KPK or Sindh have so much population that they comprise of more than 50% of Pakistan then they should be split too.

@Zibago In my worthless opinion, there should be no provinces based on ethnic or linguist terms. We have already seen the problems this creates.

I prefer a system of complete devolution. Provinces should be disbanded down to the district and metropolitan levels, with two federally controlled areas, namely, Islamabad and Karachi. Each district should have an elected council, where political parties can of course take part in and show the people what they can do for their local constituents.

Let the people elect their local councilors who should be responsible for local infrastructure, education, policing, waste management, transport, social housing etc.

This should not be the business of a member of parliament. Members of parliament are there to legislate etc. And the purpose of provincial assemblies is pointless as all they are used for is to spread discord and rivalries amongst different provinces and spread corruption and nepotism as they are one of the biggest enablers for politicisation of police forces, rigging of elections etc.

To be honest, this topic requires quite a lot of time as I have very opinionated views on this and I can literally write essays upon essays on this and the advantages of this system over the current system we have in Pakistan but this should suffice for now.

@Zibago In my worthless opinion, there should be no provinces based on ethnic or linguist terms. We have already seen the problems this creates.

I prefer a system of complete devolution. Provinces should be disbanded down to the district and metropolitan levels, with two federally controlled areas, namely, Islamabad and Karachi. Each district should have an elected council, where political parties can of course take part in and show the people what they can do for their local constituents.

Let the people elect their local councilors who should be responsible for local infrastructure, education, policing, waste management, transport, social housing etc.

This should not be the business of a member of parliament. Members of parliament are there to legislate etc. And the purpose of provincial assemblies is pointless as all they are used for is to spread discord and rivalries amongst different provinces and spread corruption and nepotism as they are one of the biggest enablers for politicisation of police forces, rigging of elections etc.

To be honest, this topic requires quite a lot of time as I have very opinionated views on this and I can literally write essays upon essays on this and the advantages of this system over the current system we have in Pakistan but this should suffice for now.

Excellent post. I agree with you that this system needs to go but i just have slightly different views on the setup that is required

Agreed with you generally, just wanted to know why Karachi will be federally administrated instead of treating like other areas?

All divisions of Pakistan should be converted into provinces
i think inspite dividing provinces which is quite controversial as its only for political abuse. Why not first focus on local body system once we have it. people will become much more aware about democracy then we can opt for more province if we will do it now it will just result in more thieves and less influence of federal govt.

Agreed with you generally, just wanted to know why Karachi will be federally administrated instead of treating like other areas?

Because Karachi is the largest city of Pakistan and the commercial capital. It deserves federal attention as none of it's so called elected representatives are honest with it.

It is a cash cow that everyone loots, at least with federal government control there will be a lot more scrutiny than the current lot of corrupt idiots we have at provincial and local levels.

Excellent post. I agree with you that this system needs to go but i just have slightly different views on the setup that is required

Would be interested to hear your views on this certainly. Whenever you feel like it of course. I also think the set up can indeed be tweaked, but the current lot has to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom