What's new

Punjab IT Board - Services, Education, Technology Development, & Incubation.

Chak Bamu

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I think we need to recognize the steady contribution of PITB in:

1. Developing solutions for issues related to improved governance - (Dengue control, Flood info, Law & Order info, etc....)
2. Interaction with IT University and its students & graduateds.
3. Supporting development of IT via its various projects and provision of Services.
4. Incubation of new entrepreneurial efforts via Plan 9.

I had opened a thread earlier this year: Punjab Information Technology Board - Newsletter shows interesting Current Projects I think that this thread should be made a sticky so that it can be discussed on a more regular basis.

I would like to request Pakistani forum-members from Karachi, Islamabad, Peshawar, etc... to contribute about efforts being conducted in this domain, and I will be happy to modify the article title to something like "Development of Information Technology in Pakistan and its application in Governance, Service provision, and Incubation of Talent".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PITB Website:
pitb.gov.pk
About Us | pitb.gov.pk
Overview | pitb.gov.pk
Supporting Entrepreneurship | pitb.gov.pk
Capacity Building | pitb.gov.pk
News and Events | pitb.gov.pk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Projects | pitb.gov.pk

Projects

Citizen Facilitation & Service Centers
Automation of Counter Terrorism Department
Agriculture Marketing Information Service
Dengue Activity Tracking System
Cloud Computing
Projects 2005-2009

Last edited:
I think we need to recognize the steady contribution of PITB in:

1. Developing solutions for issues related to improved governance - (Dengue control, Flood info, Law & Order info, etc....)
2. Interaction with IT University and its students & graduateds.
3. Supporting development of IT via its various projects and provision of Services.
4. Incubation of new entrepreneurial efforts via Plan 9.

I had opened a thread earlier this year: Punjab Information Technology Board - Newsletter shows interesting Current Projects I think that this thread should be made a sticky so that it can be discussed on a more regular basis.

I would like to request Pakistani forum-members from Karachi, Islamabad, Peshawar, etc... to contribute about efforts being conducted in this domain, and I will be happy to modify the article title to something like "Development of Information Technology in Pakistan and its application in Governance, Service provision, and Incubation of Talent".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PITB Website:
pitb.gov.pk
About Us | pitb.gov.pk
Overview | pitb.gov.pk
Supporting Entrepreneurship | pitb.gov.pk
Capacity Building | pitb.gov.pk
News and Events | pitb.gov.pk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Projects | pitb.gov.pk

Projects

Citizen Facilitation & Service Centers
Automation of Counter Terrorism Department
Agriculture Marketing Information Service
Dengue Activity Tracking System
Cloud Computing
Projects 2005-2009

Very interesting man, no wonder PUNJAB is the 4 times ahead than other provinces of Pakistan....Other provinces wine and cry foul, while Punjabis united do the real ground work. !!!

Very interesting man, no wonder PUNJAB is the 4 times ahead than other provinces of Pakistan....Other provinces wine and cry foul, while Punjabis united do the real ground work. !!!

I would not go quite that far to lay any blame on other provinces. Each province has its own dynamics. Its just that Punjab has a lot more variety, resources (especially Human Resources) and economic activity.

I would not go quite that far to lay any blame on other provinces. Each province has its own dynamics. Its just that Punjab has a lot more variety, resources (especially Human Resources) and economic activity.
Finding threads about education is kinda hard here.. Anyway, sir, can you please tag Horus here so that he can reply to this post of mine, in which I replied to his post, "Its utterly stupid to study engineering in Pakistan. If you have good grades,PM me i'll recommend something different/better." I can't PM him, neither can I post links.. I desperately need help.

can you please tag Horus here so that he can reply to this post of mine, in which I replied to his post, "Its utterly stupid to study engineering in Pakistan. If you have good grades,PM me i'll recommend something different/better

contribution of PITB have done lots of contributions. They are really great and responsible guys.

No doubt, PITB has promoted the level of IT in Punjab. But Govt should think to train local IT experts for country's success

Back
Top Bottom