imiakhtar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per the documents, Punjab police plans to procure:

500 Sig Sauer P226 9mm

400 9mm pistols no manufacturer specified just 'glock/berretta or equivalent'

250 Sig Sauer 516 rifle 5.56mm 7.5" barrel personal defense weapon

25 SC-76 Sniper Rifle 7.62mm - I'm not sure if they genuinely want to procure the steel core design .308 or if there is a typo and they actually want the Sig Sauer 716 7.62mm. I believe it to be a typo and I think they want the sig 716.

100 Sig Sauer MPX-K 9mm sub machine gun full auto

2100 7.62mm Rifle SMG (Probably want a kalashnikov variant)

400 7.62mm Rifle SMG with retractable stock (probably similar to above)

300 12ga shotgun (another typo there '12 bore short gun')

100K 7.62mm 'sniper rounds' (probably 7.62nato/.308)

The procurement plan is very poorly written.

Also, some of the choices don't make sense and seem inefficient. Example, if you're going to procure 900 9mm pistols, why not just specify the same model ie all Sig Sauer P226?

Lastly, If I was a Punjabi, I would hope the procurement is closely followed. Either the police chiefs are just big sig sauer fans (understandable - they're excellent guns) or there is something of material value in it for them.

Last edited:

500 Sig Sauer P226 9mm

25 SC-76 Sniper Rifle 7.62mm - I'm not sure if they genuinely want to procure the steel core design .308 or if there is a typo and they actually want the Sig Sauer 716 7.62mm. I believe it to be a typo and I think they want the sig 716.

Also, some of the choices don't make sense and seem inefficient. Example, if you're going to procure 900 9mm pistols, why not just specify the same model ie all Sig Sauer P226?

Lastly, If I was a Punjabi, I would hope the procurement is closely followed. Either the police chiefs are just big sig sauer fans (understandable - they're excellent guns) or there is something of material value in it for them.

Pakistan produces all types of Infantry weapons, which should be enough for punjab police, so why waste funds ?

500 Sig Sauer P226 9mm

Finally going for some good weapons. Every Police should have Glock with 4 extra magazines always

MPX is crap. there should be total ban on imported weapons. whatever we need must be produced in the country and whatever we produce should be used. A gun is a gun and if we make reliable, accurate and dependable weapons in the country we must use them, there is no point paying exhorbitant amounts on imported weapons.

500 Sig Sauer P226 9mm

Really a nice list. But I think US should have transferred their old arsenal M-16s with upgrades kits of A3 levels to Pakistan.

500 Sig Sauer P226 9mm

is it more like a Tender, published???
the or was it a Purchase Request sent to the Manufacturer or the Supplier??
honestly speaking the list doesn't even make sense ------
You have .308 match grade 175gr or 165gr rounds being produced at PoF and they have proven to be making very tight groups during recent competitions -----
We have Azb .308 (PSR 90 conversion), semi auto that also has proven to be dead accurate ------

leaving this all aside --- the Inventory list seems to be for a Security force or ATS rather than your average Beat cop ----
Sig Sauer 516 in 7.5" must have been recommended by brits / Scotland Yard as they are also using the same firearm with lightweight accessories

s it more like a Tender, published???

At the moment, only the tender for 300 shotguns has been posted.

More tenders will be posted over the next few months.

Here is the plan per documents:

plan.jpg

Last edited:
At the moment, only the tender for 300 shotguns has been posted.

More tenders will be posted over the next few months.

Here is the plan per documents:

plan.jpg
see i told you, the inventory list matches that of Security Force or Protection team then Regular Police ---- \
as per the list - the Items from 8 to 13 are for Anti Riot force ---
the ones from 1-7 are for SPU - or Special Protection unit

Finally going for some good weapons. Every Police should have Glock with 4 extra magazines always
no janab, that move would actually be a disaster --- your ASIs, SI or even SHO will be selling their standard issued Glock to the open market & getting locally produced glock Knock Offs with same serial numbers ---- it has happened with Beretta 92.

see i told you, the inventory list matches that of Security Force or Protection team then Regular Police ---- \
as per the list - the Items from 8 to 13 are for Anti Riot force ---
the ones from 1-7 are for SPU - or Special Protection unit

no janab, that move would actually be a disaster --- your ASIs, SI or even SHO will be selling their standard issued Glock to the open market & getting locally produced glock Knock Offs with same serial numbers ---- it has happened with Beretta 92.
Than what option you have ?

Nothing!! --- you need to change the Curriculum & Training for a Constable, ASI & SI. Change the mindset, influence their behaviour and bring in the change in Culture......
The situation these days is that your ASIs are taking lift from Adiyala road early morning so they could present the Suspect in the Court ---- mind you, the poor souls also have the Suspect with them, there are not enough Pick Ups to even take them from Jail to the court yard -----
forget about giving them Glock, give them what they are going to actually put to use

Nothing!! --- you need to change the Curriculum & Training for a Constable, ASI & SI. Change the mindset, influence their behaviour and bring in the change in Culture......
The situation these days is that your ASIs are taking lift from Adiyala road early morning so they could present the Suspect in the Court ---- mind you, the poor souls also have the Suspect with them, there are not enough Pick Ups to even take them from Jail to the court yard -----
forget about giving them Glock, give them what they are going to actually put to use

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom