What's new

Putin Praises Eurasian Union

zzzz

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Russian President-elect Vladimir Putin hailed on Wednesday the creation of a common economic space between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan as the biggest geopolitical event for the region since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

"The creation of the Customs Union and a common economic space is, I believe, the most important geopolitical and integration event in the post-Soviet space since the break-up of the Soviet Union," Putin, the current prime minister, told the State Duma in his last annual report to parliament before his inauguration as president in May.

“We have been working in the format of closer integration, as part of the common economic space,” Putin went on, adding that this included “freedom of movement for goods, capital and labor force.”

Since the creation of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan and the removal of customs barriers in 2011, trade turnover between the countries has increased by 37 percent, with a 13-percent growth registered in the first two months of 2012, Putin said.

He also said further integration between the three former Soviet republics was “inevitable" and that the next step would be the creation of a Eurasian Economic Union by 2015.

“We hope that other partners who are interested in more advanced cooperation will join Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan," he added.

The three countries’ presidents signed a declaration on Eurasian economic integration, a roadmap for integration processes aimed at creating a Eurasian Economic Union based on the existing Customs Union, in November 2011.

Putin Praises Post-Soviet Integration | Russia | RIA Novosti

Eurasian union is the best way forward!
1495.gif

Russia Needs Ukraine back to complete the Eurasian Union, Russia should also settle the Azer-Armenia Dispute and bring both under it's influence and isolating georgia.

Its a good move by Russia to re-create Soviet Union, the rest of former Soviet Central Asian countries may join in, as there is no other good options for them for the time being. Ukraine may have to choose between EU and Eurasian Union.

Its a good move by Russia to re-create Soviet Union, the rest of former Soviet Central Asian countries may join in, as there is no other good options for them for the time being. Ukraine may have to choose between EU and Eurasian Union.

Weren't against this before and advocated the smaller countries unite against russia ?

Weren't against this before and advocated the smaller countries unite against russia ?

I am all for unions, if it is long term. But temporary unions are also ok and if they become long term, who am I to say anything against it. It all depends on people's initiative, whoever takes first step for unions, specially the ones that have natural affinity, will win, because unions are more efficient entities and it makes their collective economy more competitive.

Soviet Union has functioned as one unit for about 70 years:
Soviet Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The original state of course was Russian empire that unified this region:
Russian Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So there is centuries of integration that happened in this region under both of above entities. If most of them can go back together, it can be a powerful union. But the fault lines remain, between ethnic Russians and ethnic non-Russians, many of whom are Muslims or former Muslims. I think it will be good for all inhabitants if they can make it work and I welcome it.

It will be huge loss for a future expanded EU, a dream for the likes of Zbig, but it will be a net gain for the Muslim world as well as Asian powers, with the exception of India.

I am all for unions, if it is long term. But temporary unions are also ok and if they become long term, who am I to say anything against it. It all depends on people's initiative, whoever takes first step for unions, specially the ones that have natural affinity, will win, because unions are more efficient entities and it makes their collective economy more competitive.

Soviet Union has functioned as one unit for about 70 years:
Soviet Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The original state of course was Russian empire that unified this region:
Russian Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So there is centuries of integration that happened in this region under both of above entities. If most of them can go back together, it can be a powerful union. But the fault lines remain, between ethnic Russians and ethnic non-Russians, many of whom are Muslims or former Muslims. I think it will be good for all inhabitants if they can make it work and I welcome it.

It will be huge loss for a future expanded EU, a dream for the likes of Zbig, but it will be a net gain for the Muslim world as well as Asian powers, with the exception of India.

Why so much hate to India ?

Good that trade barriers are removed and advanced level of of cooperation is taking place in erstwhile USSR states.

Putin is having vision in his mind about Russia.

just shows how unpopular india is becoming.
pakistan, sri lanka, bangladesh all hate india.
their populations hate india even more.

india is an aggressive, belligerent, bullying regime.
indians are extremely arrogant people and they rub people the wrong way, just look at the anti indian sentiment against indians living in western countries.
not all indians are arrogant but most arrogant people seem to be indian.

sikhs are alright

Russian President-elect Vladimir Putin hailed on Wednesday the creation of a common economic space between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan as the biggest geopolitical event for the region since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

"The creation of the Customs Union and a common economic space is, I believe, the most important geopolitical and integration event in the post-Soviet space since the break-up of the Soviet Union," Putin, the current prime minister, told the State Duma in his last annual report to parliament before his inauguration as president in May.

“We have been working in the format of closer integration, as part of the common economic space,” Putin went on, adding that this included “freedom of movement for goods, capital and labor force.”

Since the creation of the Customs Union between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan and the removal of customs barriers in 2011, trade turnover between the countries has increased by 37 percent, with a 13-percent growth registered in the first two months of 2012, Putin said.

He also said further integration between the three former Soviet republics was “inevitable" and that the next step would be the creation of a Eurasian Economic Union by 2015.

“We hope that other partners who are interested in more advanced cooperation will join Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan," he added.

The three countries’ presidents signed a declaration on Eurasian economic integration, a roadmap for integration processes aimed at creating a Eurasian Economic Union based on the existing Customs Union, in November 2011.

Putin Praises Post-Soviet Integration | Russia | RIA Novosti

Pakistan should be analyzing this situation and make every effort to improve relations with Russia. We have to correct the inequity of last 65 years as we ruined our relationship with Russia for the sake of USA which turned out to be an unreliable partner.

Consider this that I see some patterns in both India and China that are disturbing. Both of these large states need to unify their masses and they will use some mythology and revisionist history to do that, in fact the process has already started for at least a few decades now. These situations are like pre-war Germany. For China, it is Han ethnic nationalism and it is not threatening to us and even for their own minority, as these minority population are so minuscule compared to Han majority that situation there will never go out of control, if they play their cards right. But India is different, if you know its whole history and it affects us Bangladesh directly. The rising Hindu nationalism was one of the reason why there was partition in 1947 and it keeps rising at a faster pace after the partition, as Pakistan and Bangladesh broke off. So I consider this situation alarming and destabilizing.

I wish I could tell you a different story, but that is how I see it, unfortunately. And I can tell you that I have some exposure to this reality and I am not just making wild guesses or engaging in random speculation.

But the above is not the reason why I mentioned India in that post. Soviet Union getting back together will increase its population who had traditionally been Muslim and it might open the possibility of this reconstructed Soviet Union to look for warm water port and take in Iran, Pakistan and even Afghanistan and Mongolia in that Union.

This development will make both Turkey and India as great losers. Turkey will loose its hope of a Turkic union and India will find not one but two great adversary neighbors in Eurasian land mass.

Soviet Union getting back together will increase its population who had traditionally been Muslim and it might open the possibility of this reconstructed Soviet Union to look for warm water port and take in Iran, Pakistan and even Afghanistan and Mongolia in that Union.

This development will make both Turkey and India as great losers. Turkey will loose its hope of a Turkic union and India will find not one but two great adversary neighbors in Eurasian land mass.

Ignoring the rest of the post for obvious reasons- It seems you have no clue about the diplomatic acumen of Indian diplomats.

First of all Soviet Union is anot going to happen any time soon. A federation of Russian States is however possible.
Even if Soviet Union is revived, it will be a Party time in South Block-New Delhi. The lowest our relationship was during Yelstin presidency. It is getting better with each passing day.

Back
Top Bottom