What's new

Qatar to invest $18B in Egypt over next 5 years

agentny17

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
Qatar pledges to invest $18 billion in Egypt over the next 5 years to help boost economy

CAIRO (AP) -- Egypt's prime minister says Qatar has agreed to invest $18 billion in Egypt over the next five years to help boost the country's ailing economy.
Hesham Kandil announced the agreement Thursday at a joint news conference with Qatari Prime Minister Sheik Hamad Bin Jassem Al Thani.
Kandil says the investment will target Egypt's industrial, tourism and energy sectors.
The funds aim to help revive Egypt's battered economy and lure back foreign investment that has all but disappeared since last year's uprising.
Revenues from tourism — one of Egypt's biggest money-makers and employers — fell 30 percent to $9 billion in 2011 and the industry is only making a meager recovery.
Qatar has already delivered around $500 million of a promised $2 billion loan to Egypt's central bank.
Qatar to invest $18B in Egypt over next 5 years - Yahoo! News

Well, that is very nice of them but i just don't get why Qatar would put this much money in Egypt.

Qatar pledges to invest $18 billion in Egypt over the next 5 years to help boost economy

CAIRO (AP) -- Egypt's prime minister says Qatar has agreed to invest $18 billion in Egypt over the next five years to help boost the country's ailing economy.
Hesham Kandil announced the agreement Thursday at a joint news conference with Qatari Prime Minister Sheik Hamad Bin Jassem Al Thani.
Kandil says the investment will target Egypt's industrial, tourism and energy sectors.
The funds aim to help revive Egypt's battered economy and lure back foreign investment that has all but disappeared since last year's uprising.
Revenues from tourism — one of Egypt's biggest money-makers and employers — fell 30 percent to $9 billion in 2011 and the industry is only making a meager recovery.
Qatar has already delivered around $500 million of a promised $2 billion loan to Egypt's central bank.

Well, that is very nice of them but i just don't get why Qatar would put this much money in Egypt.

A very valid concern I would agree.
First it would help to check if the figure is correct. 1.8b and not 18b.
and if it does turn out to be 18b, it would be interesting to find where they are investing.

The same reason that made GCC cut off oil in 1973, Algeria to buy Egypt brand new Soviet arms in 1970, Iraq to grant Egypt 33 jets, not to mention their direct contribution in Egypt and Arab wars. The same reason that made KSA to give Egypt $4.5 bn few months ago.

The reason is that they want to see a strong Egypt that gets Arabs together again.

The same reason that made GCC cut off oil in 1973, Algeria to buy Egypt brand new Soviet arms in 1970, Iraq to grant Egypt 33 jets, not to mention their direct contribution in Egypt and Arab wars. The same reason that made KSA to give Egypt $4.5 bn few months ago.

The reason is that they want to see a strong Egypt that gets Arabs together again.

May I be allowed, most humbly and without an ounce of disrespect intended to your esteemed self, say : FoOk You ! :angry:

Saabneh its either Muslim Unity or I'm gonna knife the Mule ! :butcher:

It is just too much money! If you are a Qatari, won't you rather do something better for Qatar with this much money ? I won't say no to it! I am all of Arabs and Muslims working together. Matter of fact, i think it is the only possible way we could prevent other countries from dictating our policies.

May I be allowed, most humbly and without an ounce of disrespected intended, to say to you : FoOk You ! :angry:

Noooo
128886589873516412.jpg

No mule touchy no mule touchy :cry:

I was not talking about unity, get them together in terms of alleviate tensions among them, get them together in international arenas and against any foreign aggressor. Fixing our problems ourselves helping eachother...etc. That's what I meant.

It is just too much money! If you are a Qatari, won't you rather do something better for Qatar with this much money ? I won't say no to it! I am all of Arabs and Muslims working together. Matter of fact, i think it is the only possible way we could prevent other countries from dictating our policies.

They are for investments and not for free. GCC have granted Jordan 5 bn over next 5 years as well. They are just helping out, I don't know why you are being skeptical, this is not the first time they help out. However, sometimes I can't understand Qatari foreign policy, it's full of contradictions.

May I be allowed, most humbly and without an ounce of disrespect intended to your esteemed self, say : FoOk You ! :angry:

Unity is an utopian ideal...........We can only [and always] strive to be united........human beings till try to differentiate themselves from the crowd into smaller crowd in the strive for greater unity

They bought Morsi, just watch couple of days later Morsi will ask for military intervention and he will turn more aggressive against Syria.
Qatar only put $2 Billion and then Morsi said his dirt speech at NAM summit, and now 18 billion, so you know whats coming next.

Its an investment. Nothing more. Qatar is #1 country on earth GDP per capita, so they have extra cash to spend.

This means that this egyptian govt is not what it seem like.......... i might be wrong .

But qataris invest only in places where they ordered to by their masters.No offence but this is very true.Their govt is nothing but a puppet regime who is throwing away money just to keep themselves in power.

Egyptians seem to have postive outlook but I have my doubt about it that it might be like the case with Obama drama........ Change CHange was in the air before and just after Obama becomes the president but after few months every one see that he is change in negative sense. plunging American economy to the lowest ,more loans e.t.c.........

I hope what is think is not true about Egypt , i want my Muslims brother country to prosper and become sucessful but ................... lets just hope.

They bought Morsi, just watch couple of days later Morsi will ask for military intervention and he will turn more aggressive against Syria.
Qatar only put $2 Billion and then Morsi said his dirt speech at NAM summit, and now 18 billion, so you know whats coming next.

I could not belive u took so much time to reply, This thread was a invitation 4 u 2 strt with ur BS.

i like how u can easily be offended.:yahoo:

Who are you kidding? Egypt controls the Suez Canal, that is why the GCC is showing "love" for Egypt. They are selling the Suez Canal to the highest bidder.

Who are you kidding? Egypt controls the Suez Canal, that is why the GCC is showing "love" for Egypt. They are selling the Suez Canal to the highest bidder.

Oh,:girl_wacko: do you believe that no one here has even thought of it this way? You must be a genius man!

Good if they invest in Bio Gas from Severage, Wind farms and Solar Farms. Along with an AUtomotive Factory with German experts as permanent employees that will make Trucks and Buses of different sizes and will make the transportation cheap and safe unlike small or big cars that increases traffic and pollution in the cities.

Back
Top Bottom