What's new

Question about joining the Pakistan Army as a Tech / Developer

Aaron Akhtar

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Togo
Assalam u Alaikum,
I am a 16 year old Software & Web Developer, I have been learning the language Java since I was 13 years old and I think soon I will be ready to join the Pakistan Military hopefully and put these skills to use.
I am 100% Self Taught*
I was born and raised in the United Kingdom however I originate from Pakistan.

I was wondering if someone could let me know the requirements needed to join under this field if it even is a possible field to join.

- Thanks.

I think you would have to go through a military college nonetheless where you can select Computer Science as your career path.

Assalam u Alaikum,
I am a 16 year old Software & Web Developer, I have been learning the language Java since I was 13 years old and I think soon I will be ready to join the Pakistan Military hopefully and put these skills to use.
I am 100% Self Taught*

I was wondering if someone could let me know the requirements needed to join under this field if it even is a possible field to join.

- Thanks.
First, you need to have a BS degree in CS or software engineering. Then you will be eligible to apply for SSC (Short Service Commission) in the Army. First, you have to pass the initial test, Initial medical test, Initial Interview, ISSB, Final medical. After all the above-mentioned steps, you will be inducted in the Pak Army as Capt in the IT field. The training duration at PMA will be 6 months.

First, you need to have a BS degree in CS or software engineering. Then you will be eligible to apply for SSC (Short Service Commission) in the Army. First, you have to pass the initial test, Initial medical test, Initial Interview, ISSB, Final medical. After all the above-mentioned steps, you will be inducted in the Pak Army as Capt in the IT field. The training duration at PMA will be 6 months.
Ah, okay, thanks for helping me figure it out!

Assalam u Alaikum,
I am 100% Self Taught*

- Thanks.

My advice. Don't at least not now if your goal is to be in a technical arm rather than a fighting arm.

The flexibility that you require as a developer or as an engineer is not there in the military (even in the technical arms).

We officially don't have a unit 8200 (Israel) like setup that utilizes the best minds for their setup for a few years (who after leaving the unit also venture into silicon valley e.t.c).

You would be of much better use to Pakistan if you focus on the skills that you have and polish them, then spend a few years in different tech companies to hone your skills further.

Be a tech gypsy. Move around and develop your technical capital till you reach 30-32.

Then using the skills that you have build a startup that is involved in cyber-security,AI, Deep learning e.t.c (which ever makes you wake up at night to put in extra hours) that can have a dual defense sector use (this is the important part).

Pakistan lacks proprietary research in these fields and not many will share proprietary tech in these fields with our country.

This is where we should focus.

My advice. Don't at least not now if your goal is to be in a technical arm rather than a fighting arm.

The flexibility that you require as a developer or as an engineer is not there in the military (even in the technical arms).

We officially don't have a unit 8200 (Israel) like setup that utilizes the best minds for their setup for a few years (who after leaving the unit also venture into silicon valley e.t.c).

You would be of much better use to Pakistan if you focus on the skills that you have and polish them, then spend a few years in different tech companies to hone your skills further.

Be a tech gypsy. Move around and develop your technical capital till you reach 30-32.

Then using the skills that you have build a startup that is involved in cyber-security,AI, Deep learning e.t.c (which ever makes you wake up at night to put in extra hours) that can have a dual defense sector use (this is the important part).

Pakistan lacks proprietary research in these fields and not many will share proprietary tech in these fields with our country.

Great advice, I planned to do something like this, thanks!

You beat me to it.
Follow this advice. And I will add... start you projects now... even those where you lack knowledge about...

Back
Top Bottom