What's new

RAAZI - a true story?

A muslim Kashmiri woman giving her life defending India by doing espionage for it in Pakistan

There are better chances of pigs flying than that.

Obviously it is a work of fiction. A member like you shouldn't even ask this question @LeGenD

I am actually surprised that you are confused about it

It is said to be inspired by true events so you can say part real and part fiction as at the end of the day, Its a movie. It is based on a novel by Harinder Sikka. Som guy who was officer in Indian Navy told this story of his mother to Harinder during some event and he wrote a novel about it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calling_Sehmat
A novel is not a 'credible source' IMHO. Entire story might be cooked up for "political ends."

My beef is with the fact that a film - marketed as based on true events - can be a powerful tool, to influence public opinion, but it could be a work of fiction in reality. The film should be advertised on different lines such as based on the novel "Calling Sehmat."

Bloody fiction and you believe on that even India made many movies on same subject like this one.....and every movie / account is different than other....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ghazi_Attack
Thanks for your input.

I believe that ISPR should issue a statement in regards to validity of RAAZI film, if it is wrong. Propaganda should be confronted [head on] in this age, or people will believe in FALSEHOOD.

"Key lesson is that Pakistani military officials (men) should not marry outside from Pakistan, irrespective of a woman being a Muslim"

Thanks for admitting Srinagar and Jammu and Kashmir is not a part of Pak. I wish more of your countrymen thought along those lines.
My choice of words will not address your problems in J&K.

FYI: https://kmsnews.org/news/2018/12/23/indian-troops-engaged-in-systematic-genocide-of-kashmiris/

PTI-led government is doing a good job in reminding the world of problems in J&K in current times:-

[1] https://www.dawn.com/news/1452602
[2] https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/410401-maleeha-briefs-pm-on-active-pak-role-at-un

a desperate damage control effort by Modi regime after so many high ranking Indian officials were found working for ISI most of them were honey trapped through social media
A serving IAF Group Captain and father of Fighter Pilot exchanged sensitive information for afew explicit photos(downloading from google)
Indian women weren't behind in this race for bobs either
http://www.arabnews.com/node/1307136/world
Interesting perspective, friend.

sir its a goddamn fiction
far from reality its just like our urdu jasoosi novels
Right! Refer to my suggestion (BOLD + ITALIC) above.

So,PA was planning an attack in sea:coffee::lol:
Sharp observation, friend.

I have no idea what is fiction and what is fact. But I know for a fact, something which is admitted by the Indian Navy, INS Rajput did not sink the Ghazi, she sank due to an accident.
So that’s one Bolly lie busted.
Oh and the whole running down the servant with a jeep lmfao!!!
There’s a lot of crickets in this film.
Thanks for your input, friend.

This is fake story mixed with bit of truth and fiction like how the devil tells a story.
OK. Thanks for your input.

Its just going to be typical "one of those" threads buddy. No comment from me tbh.
Appreciated. Thank you.

These practices are normal in spying world. Happens everywhere.
Here in Britain a case is very famous these dats. A British police spy married an environment activist woman to spy on environmental activism groups.
He even had kids with her and kept on spying on own wife .
The case is in British courts now on morality of his actions.
The woman is suing him for lying anf fraudulent marriage.
Thanks for your input.

A muslim Kashmiri woman giving her life defending India by doing espionage for it in Pakistan

There are better chances of pigs flying than that.

Obviously it is a work of fiction. A member like you shouldn't even ask this question @LeGenD

I am actually surprised that you are confused about it
Thanks for your input. I just wanted to know what people think about this film since it is officially billed as based on true events.

My concern is that that kind of promotion can be a powerful tool, to influence public opinion, irrespective of the film being a work of fiction in reality. We cannot expect intellectual honesty from Bollywood but ISPR will do many a favor by challenging the validity of RAAZI in a press statement.

B/W I haven't watched this film, and do not plan to watch it either.

I believe that ISPR should issue a statement in regards to validity of RAAZI film, if it is wrong. Propaganda should be confronted [head on] in this age, or people will believe in FALSEHOOD.

ISPR statements can only do so much. The only long term effective way to counter such material is to present the preferred Pakistani PoV with similar tactics. There is nothing preventing Pakistan from making such movies itself and releasing them internationally.

@LeGenD @VCheng

Just weigh in what I say, with a pinch of salt or a whole sackful.

In Moscow, met an ex-SSG officer, who had spent quite a long time as a pandit at a temple in Jammu. He was embedded. He had left the forces and was migrating to Canada. Over couple of drinks, he mentioned it.

In one of the RR units, one SSG operative was working as a porter (2012 or so). He left the unit leaving a message about his presence.

In Benazir Bhutto's conference in Skardu back in 1989 (?), there was one Indian Army Officer (a Sikh minus the turban) present inside as an aide. Met the gentleman in 1997.

During Brasstacks decisions taken by PA at the daily morning briefing of the PA COAS, were available to Indian side of border, with reception in Ganganagar sector, by afternoon. That is how Indians were able to achieve the so called 'positioning'.

Then there is the Morarji Desai stupidity which remains in open domain, of handing over an asset inside the Nuclear Setup on a platter to Zia.

Now, you can decide on the veracity of the events. Neither unheard of nor documented to be proved either side.

@LeGenD @VCheng

Just weigh in what I say, with a pinch of salt or a whole sackful.

In Moscow, met an ex-SSG officer, who had spent quite a long time as a pandit at a temple in Jammu. He was embedded. He had left the forces and was migrating to Canada. Over couple of drinks, he mentioned it.

In one of the RR units, one SSG operative was working as a porter (2012 or so). He left the unit leaving a message about his presence.

In Benazir Bhutto's conference in Skardu back in 1989 (?), there was one Indian Army Officer (a Sikh minus the turban) present inside as an aide. Met the gentleman in 1997.

During Brasstacks decisions taken by PA at the daily morning briefing of the PA COAS, were available to Indian side of border, with reception in Ganganagar sector, by afternoon. That is how Indians were able to achieve the so called 'positioning'.

Then there is the Morarji Desai stupidity which remains in open domain, of handing over an asset inside the Nuclear Setup on a platter to Zia.

Now, you can decide on the veracity of the events. Neither unheard of nor documented to be proved either side.

I would love to weigh in, but with "sharp eyes" focused on my "activities" in revealing unapproved truths and constant admonitions to "behave", I do not feel the liberty to do so. Years ago, I wrote an article for PDF on icebergs hiding behind the tip or something like that, back when I cared. Movies such as this one may be fiction, but the reality is often more interesting without embellishments. But, I think adding good item songs is always a good idea, however. :D

PS: You can add Aitezaz Ahsan's trip to Delhi to your list too. ;)

I would love to weigh in, but with "sharp eyes" focused on my "activities" in revealing unapproved truths and constant admonitions to "behave", I do not feel the liberty to do so. Years ago, I wrote an article for PDF on icebergs hiding behind the tip or something like that, back when I cared. Movies such as this one may be fiction, but the reality is often more interesting without embellishments. But, I think adding good item songs is always a good idea, however. :D

PS: You can add Aitezaz Ahsan's trip to Delhi to your list too. ;)

Oh you...BEHAVE!!! :D

I just learned about this movie named RAAZI.

"A Kashmiri woman agrees to marry a Pakistani army officer in order to spy on Pakistan during the Indo-Pakistan War of 1971."

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7098658/
Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raazi
News: https://www.rediff.com/news/special/the-real-story-behind-raazi/20180511.htm

---

STORY IN QUESTION

"Indian army officer Lieutenant General Nikhil Bakshi addresses a group of Indian soldiers aboard the INS Viraat, detailing a woman's exploits while serving as an undercover agent of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), India's external intelligence agency, in Pakistan.

The story flashes to events preceding the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971. Hidayat Khan is the son of an Indian freedom fighter and agent posing as an informant for the Pakistani government. He wishes to make his 20-year-old daughter Sehmat an agent and continue the family tradition of being in service to the country as a last wish before his impending death from lung cancer. Sehmat leaves college against the wishes of her mother Teji Khan, and to prepare her to spy, she is hastily trained by senior RAW officer Khalid Mir and his assistant, a young Bakshi, in various fields, including martial arts and shooting. She proves to be a fast learner. Sehmat learns of other agents in Pakistan and their contacts, and practices converting text information to Morse code, which she has to use while transmitting information to India.

Khan uses his friendship with Brigadier Syed of the Pakistan Army to get Sehmat married to his son, Iqbal Syed, another military officer. After the marriage and migration to Pakistan, Sehmat quickly settles into her married life, adjusts to a new country, and establishes the trust and confidence of her in-laws. Brigadier Syed is promoted to Major General shortly afterwards, which results in crucial national security documents and senior members of the country's defence forces passing through his house. Sehmat soon establishes communication channels with her handlers back in India and starts relaying information. Meanwhile, she falls in love with Iqbal and they become intimate.

Eventually, Sehmat spots information related to the planning of an offensive against India and, at great risk, is able to gather the necessary details and pass them on. One of the servants, Abdul, discovers the truth about Sehmat and rushes out to inform the others. She chases him and runs him down with a jeep to avoid exposing her cover. The event takes a heavy emotional toll on her. The information she passed on points to the planned attack on the Indian aircraft carrier INS Vikrant, then deployed in the Bay of Bengal and provided one of the initial warnings to the threat.

Sehmat plots to kill Mehboob Syed, Iqbal's brother and an army officer after he begins investigating Abdul's death and finds her suspicious. She succeeds in poisoning him with Ricinusing an umbrella contraption. Pakistani intelligence begins a crackdown on espionage operations in the area, and several of Sehmat's accomplices are arrested, posing an additional challenge. Sehmat is mentally disturbed, having widowed Munira, Mehboob's wife, but quickly recovers. She is eventually discovered as a spy by Iqbal, who is heartbroken by the revelation. Iqbal confronts Sehmat with the police but dies from a bomb thrown by Khalid Mir, who has arrived with a team to extract Sehmat, to cause her death should she be caught. Sehmat is alive, having switched places with another burqa-clad agent. She realizes the insignificance of relationships and humanity in this line of work. Broken by the destruction of a family by her hand and everything she has seen and had to do, Sehmat requests Khalid to allow her to return to India. After she does, it is discovered that she is pregnant with Iqbal's child. She says that she will keep him and raise him alone.

With Sehmat's findings, the INS Rajput sinks the Pakistani submarine PNS Ghazi off Visakhapatnam's coast.[N 1] This starts the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, which ends with the Pakistani Instrument of Surrender, an Indian victory. Bakshi concludes his speech, with Samar Saeed, Sehmat's son, among the addressed officers.

An aged Sehmat sits in her chair and stares out of the window of her house, in the middle of nowhere."

---

This supposedly true account made my blood boil, but I am surprised that ISI did not take care of this Kashmiri bitch after she returned to India.

Key lesson is that Pakistani military officials (men) should not marry outside from Pakistan, irrespective of a woman being a Muslim (or not). And the bride-to-be should be strongly vetted prior to marriage.

Secondly, sensitive information should never be routed from homes. They should stay in offices.

People living in Indian side of Kashmir cannot be trusted regardless of their faith. Didn't we learn a lesson from the failure of Operation Gibraltar?

---

Please share your thoughts.

@Desert Fox
@waz
@Oscar
@Horus
@Nilgiri
@Irfan Baloch
Lol I actually don't keep up with Bollywood-Lollywood-Trashywood garbage. Nowadays there's very little difference between the two.

As for the story itself, sounds interesting. Could be plausible, anything could happen. We don't always hear of actual events especially when it comes to espionage between rivals like USSR and USA or India and Pakistan and I'm sure this activity includes undermining the morale of the respective populations through media and other forms of subversions, etc.

I have no idea what is fiction and what is fact. But I know for a fact, something which is admitted by the Indian Navy, INS Rajput did not sink the Ghazi, she sank due to an accident.
So that’s one Bolly lie busted.
Oh and the whole running down the servant with a jeep lmfao!!!
There’s a lot of crickets in this film.
Only this is the quality post that makes sense to me.Some Indians themselves can't differentiate between fact and fiction.They are so confused with it that many amongst them still believe(for example) that Saleem was Akbar's son and many still don't know that it fake character that was invented and written by Syed Imtiaz Ali Taj and to be categorized as insha pardaazi.
So, let them live in their bubble. :lol:
Regards

Key lesson is that Pakistani military officials (men) should not marry outside from Pakistan, irrespective of a woman being a Muslim (or not). And the bride-to-be should be strongly vetted prior to marriage.
Now that actually happen these days.A serving military officer of Pakistan face one hell of a trouble if he want to marry a foreigner.

I cant confirm the story but i can confirm few things ..

1) Indian Intelligence never indulge into non Human Activities
2) Every Pakistani start Conversation with Janab
3) Pakistani Army was the Evil, Torture women and even shoot their own people
4) All Pakistan man wear head cap , and Ghamcha
5) All Pakistan man has beards with no Mustache
6) There must be 1 Good Pakistani , who happen to be Helping Indians , hating Pakistan army , and also very Patriotic
7) Any Indian Muslim in this story would be Super Duper Patriotic and Hindustani first
8) Indian Army or RAW guy must have given a emotional speech that encourage every Soldier too kill 1 Billion Pakistani's
9) Pakistani Army always outnumbered Indian 1 Trillion to 1 . For every Poor/Brave India there were 1 Trillion Pakistani's .
10) All of the above things i learned from Watching Indian movies over the time , but than I grow up and realize what a BS that was and i wasted countless hours of life watch Garbage .

Back
Top Bottom