What's new

Radar Ranges Of Different Fighters

Grifo M3 has a peak power of 4 kws, KLJ has more! need INTERNET proof?

Grifo radar is multimode pulse Doppler all weather fire control radar. PAC has the capability of not only producing the airborne fire control radars but also has vast experience in maintaining three variants of Grifo radars. PAC has produced a number of Grifo radar systems for PAF Fleet in collaboration with M/S Selex Galileo Italy. . Grifo family of radars is digital fire control system designed to improve air to air and air to ground performance. Radars are capable of detecting and tracking the targets at all altitudes and all aspects. Radars have powerful and accurate Built-In Test (BIT) system followed by auto calibration for the ease of smooth operation and better maintenance. Appended below are salient features of the radar:

X- Band Radar
Peak Power 4KVA
Forced air cooled
Multi mode radar
High MTBF
34 cm antenna array

Pakistan Aeronautical Complex

Is it the average peak output or is it the overall peak output?

why do you want to know this deep bhai? Are you an IAF official? :D

why do you want to know this deep bhai? Are you an IAF official? :D

No just curious because as far as I know the peak power output and the average peak power output helps in detecting aircrats with smaller RCS. With the Bars PESA radar capable of placing its transmission in 400 microseconds and being a hybrid radar must detect targets far earlier than the KLJ 7/ KLJ 10 radars. And the article posted by DV Rules arose my curiosity.

Is it the average peak output or is it the overall peak output?
No its not the average peak output as seen from the statement cuz if its average peak output then the peak output could be more at any time.....or it could be stated as rated peak output, whatever I believe....:smokin:

No its not the average peak output as seen from the statement cuz if its average peak output then the peak output could be more at any time.....or it could be stated as rated peak output, whatever I believe....:smokin:

Well that depends solely on the amount of the engine electrical power output of the aircraft. But AFAIK the electrical output provided by 2xAL 31FN engines is always higher than a single RD-93/WS-13 engine.

Well that depends solely on the amount of the engine electrical power output of the aircraft. But AFAIK the electrical output provided by 2xAL 31FN engines is always higher than a single RD-93/WS-13 engine.
Yes! ure right about that...but I was talking about the output radiated power for the Grifo/Xband radars as nabil discussed in his post....:smokin:

3IGSO.gif
uiaAB.gif

Bars/Ibris have 8 channel/module arrays correct me If wrong.

Dear Darky,

I appreciate your DARK sentiments, but it might have been better for you to just did a bit of research before you went around spreading nonesense. I know you wrote "Correct me if I am wrong" to cover your arse, when you could have easily said, hey I dont know what I am taking about and just tell me whats the Russians are upto. You were so keen to throw a monkey wrench in a Good thread that presents technological details instead of rubbish tit-for-tat arguments.

Here is a list of links where you can study up on your Dream Machine, i.e. Su30MKI, and its radar.

Flanker Radars in Beyond Visual Range Air Combat
Phazotron Zhuk AE: Assessing Russia's First AESA
IRBIS FAMILY RADARS | Russian Military Analysis
NIIP Bars and Irbis series of radar for Su-30/Su-35

In all of these its at most Quad Channel, while in two it says 3 channel with planned upgrade to Quad Channel Design.

Please go spread confusion on some other forum.

Regards,
Sapper

Dear Darky,

I appreciate your DARK sentiments, but it might have been better for you to just did a bit of research before you went around spreading nonesense. I know you wrote "Correct me if I am wrong" to cover your arse, when you could have easily said, hey I dont know what I am taking about and just tell me whats the Russians are upto. You were so keen to throw a monkey wrench in a Good thread that presents technological details instead of rubbish tit-for-tat arguments.

Here is a list of links where you can study up on your Dream Machine, i.e. Su30MKI, and its radar.

In all of these its at most Quad Channel, while in two it says 3 channel with planned upgrade to Quad Channel Design.

Regards,
Sapper

I think thats put him straight. Many thanks for your info dude. :azn:

Dear Darky,

Regards,
Sapper

Did I jump on your Tail ?:undecided:

lol.. I just inquired since I didn't know exactly...

Those modules which you proudly quoting the fanboy (as said by many senior members here)... are for sub arrays the arrays consists of two-three such arrays... so the 3 which you are saying for would have 6-9 in one arrays and 8-12 for 4 in each sub array... the NIIP AESA have as many as 16.. wait let me confirm yes It has 16 on a single array and 8 on each sub array... oh **** even Kopp website also shows the photo... but he is a fan boy isn't it ?

BTW do you know any thing about packing ?
Confused are you...
But this time blame kopp.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Dear Darky,

Regards,
Sapper

Did I jump on your Tail ?:undecided:

lol.. I just inquired since I didn't know exactly...

Those modules which you proudly quoting the fanboy (as said by many senior members here)... are for sub arrays the arrays consists of two-three such arrays... so the 3 which you are saying for would have 6-9 in one arrays and 8-12 for 4 in each sub array... the NIIP AESA have as many as 16.. wait let me confirm yes It has 16 on a single array and 8 on each sub array... oh **** even Kopp website also shows the photo... but he is a fan boy isn't it ?

BTW do you know any thing about packing ?
Confused are you...
But this time blame kopp.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

yes very straight.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

yes very straight.

Did I jump on your Tail ?

Yes dear,

You jumped on my tail, and instead of producing some HARD evidence, you further sunk into the petty tit-for-tat bullsheet. Bring me evidence. I just showed you evidence from my side. Show some cojones and post some evidence for once. Otherwise either keep quite, or poke your own tail.

As for my evidence ... here's more

AN/APG 73 ... 2 channel AESA (LeftColumn 3rd Paragraph) The Naval Institute guide to world naval weapons systems, By Norman Friedman
AN/APG 79 ... 4 channel AESA (Fifth Paragraph) AN/APG-73 Radar System
Zhuk AE AESA (2nd Paragraph) Phazotron Zhuk AE AESA Radar

Show me evidence, from anywhere, that Irbis or Zhuk uses 8 Channel, or any other operational AESA for that matter. All operationall AESA have max 4 channels for now. If there is an operational AESA with 8-channel, thats news to me, and please do send me a link to study.

Also, you have absolutely no understanding of the level of Mathematics at work here, read up on Laplace and Fourier transforms and get back to me when you get an understanding whether 8th order fourier series is even required over here.

Regards,
Sapper

Yes dear,

You jumped on my tail, and instead of producing some HARD evidence, you further sunk into the petty tit-for-tat bullsheet. Bring me evidence. I just showed you evidence from my side. Show some cojones and post some evidence for once. Otherwise either keep quite, or poke your own tail.

As for my evidence ... here's more

AN/APG 73 ... 2 channel AESA (LeftColumn 3rd Paragraph) The Naval Institute guide to world naval weapons systems, By Norman Friedman
AN/APG 79 ... 4 channel AESA (Fifth Paragraph) AN/APG-73 Radar System
Zhuk AE AESA (2nd Paragraph) Phazotron Zhuk AE AESA Radar

Show me evidence, from anywhere, that Irbis or Zhuk uses 8 Channel, or any other operational AESA for that matter. All operationall AESA have max 4 channels for now. If there is an operational AESA with 8-channel, thats news to me, and please do send me a link to study.

Also, you have absolutely no understanding of the level of Mathematics at work here, read up on Laplace and Fourier transforms and get back to me when you get an understanding whether 8th order fourier series is even required over here.

Regards,
Sapper

What do you want me to prove here your source itself claimed 3-4 modules per sub-array... an array can consist of 2-3 such sub arrays while packing them in racks in the antenna disk.

Sorry I am very weak at mathematics and your Bachelor level Fourier series went over my head care to explain how does it determine the the packing arrangement of an antenna... don't worry I am not that weak.... lol.......

can you count the number of modules in there ?

NIIP-AESA-X-Band-Brochure-2S.jpg

What do you want me to prove here your source itself claimed 3-4 modules per sub-array... an array can consist of 2-3 such sub arrays while packing them in racks in the antenna disk.

Sorry I am very weak at mathematics and your Bachelor level Fourier series went over my head care to explain how does it determine the the packing arrangement of an antenna... don't worry I am not that weak.... lol.......

can you count the number of modules in there ?

NIIP-AESA-X-Band-Brochure-2S.jpg

How are the modules related to the level of Fourier transform?
that's parallel processing exemplified at best.. not the complexity of the transform.
Its like assuming that ten 166Mhz processors packaged together will become 2 gig processors.

Back
Top Bottom