What's new

RAF Eurofighter Typhoons 'beaten by Pakistani F-16s'

Woo-Hoo Good going PAF. It just struck me that if our vintage f-16's can annihilate Euro-fighter then our very own JF-17 can't be far behind:yahoo:

A question for members with insights into the Air Force fighting dynamics...

In todays times of modern fighter, AWACS etc ... Is Dog Fight/WVR even relevant? If I have a BVR system, won't I just kill the enemy before I see his plane?

3-0 is annihilation and all congrats to PAF men... At the same time, I am surprised about is that Brit pilots are not so well trained in WVR fight... How can one of the famous air forces of the world have so weak dog-fight capabilities...

British pilots have been flying Typhoon for relatively less time, much less than the 2 decades of experience that PAF has on f-16s. PAF is the master of f-16s while the RAF is not for the Typhoon.

Those Indians who think that in BVR, typhoon would be better, think again, as all F-16s are being MLU-ed hence would be much more lethal as well, along with shiny new 18 f-16s that PAF pilots just got their hands on.

Plus whatever India chooses, Rafale or Typhoon, doesn't matter as IAF will need years of experience on them........experience...which was perhaps the reason for the 3-0 to PAF victory in this Mock exercise.

In todays times of modern fighter, AWACS etc ... Is Dog Fight/WVR even relevant? If I have a BVR system, won't I just kill the enemy before I see his plane?

3-0 is annihilation and all congrats to PAF men... At the same time, I am surprised about is that Brit pilots are not so well trained in WVR fight... How can one of the famous air forces of the world have so weak dog-fight capabilities...

yes true u ll use BVR but remember israeli AF have perfected manuvers to counter BVR too and many others have done same so once the advantage of range is breached WVR is all left

Woo-Hoo Good going PAF. It just struck me that if our vintage f-16's can annihilate Euro-fighter then our very own JF-17 can't be far behind:yahoo:

i herd JF did better than F16 in wvr...

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

according to a Pakistani officer.

I rest my case .

troll by indian
i also rest my case...

During air to ground operations the fighter plane will be required to enter the enemy's territory (in most of the cases) and thats where the chances for WVR increases.

i herd JF did better than F16 in wvr...

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

troll by indian
i also rest my case..

stating facts , These comments were from Pakistani officer , not from some neutral party bro .

Rest my case again . If i was a pakistani i would wait for some neutral observer to confirm this before celebrating.

stating facts , These comments were from Pakistani officer , not from some neutral party bro .

Rest my case again . If i was a pakistani i would wait for some neutral observer to confirm this before celebrating.

ok for neutral party we ll have to check logs and remember we read that interview and its been revolving around net for long if it was a false statement the brits would have been on their toes to get that pilots head

Didn't Bhartissssss start celebrating when their Air Force told them about their 'great' performance in Red Flag...how Americans were "shocked" to see IAF :rofl:

But later we came to know the truth..Americans made fun of your 'Air force' :lol: :cry:

May be thats why you're in suspicion regarding PAF pilot's statement..But don't worry bro..we don't make tall claims and then later get embarrassed like some other nations..If PAF pilot said that they won WWR fight against EFs..then most probably it is true..we have great record in WWR dogfights..you can see our war record ;)

Didn't Bhartissssss start celebrating when their Air Force told them about their 'great' performance in Red Flag...how Americans were "shocked" to see IAF :rofl:

But later we came to know the truth..Americans made fun of your 'Air force' :lol: :cry:

May be thats why you're in suspicion regarding PAF pilot's statement..But don't worry bro..we don't make tall claims and then later get embarrassed like some other nations..If PAF pilot said that they won WWR fight against EFs..then most probably it is true..we have great record in WWR dogfights..you can see our war record ;)

Buddy firstly i dont know about the incident you are talking about , i joined this forum later probably that is why .Anyways , dont shoot me just because i am indian , had that post been written by a Pakistani , you would have agreed with him.

ok for neutral party we ll have to check logs and remember we read that interview and its been revolving around net for long if it was a false statement the brits would have been on their toes to get that pilots head

Hmm if the brits in the next few days dont come with a counter-claim then we can assume this to be true , but we should wait . atleast give them time to react.If they dont then congrats to pak airforce in advance.

well this news aint never gona get authenticated by anyone !! besides WVR now lies only with the Stealth planes in modern warfare. And I can only see F22 and F35 trying each other in exercises :azn:

Neutral source?

The Typhoons were shot down by the pilot or his colleagues. How much neutral source do you need? An Indian standing and making counts?

Stop posting your non-sense here. The Typhoon is excellent aircraft, but not un-defeatable.

Get over it.

The pilot is probably on the hit list of the Eurofighter consortium.... :P
Selling overly priced jets.....:P

Whats the credibility of this news? No dates,No names,No exercise name,Nothing has been mentioned and just because its been up there with blank name you all have started dancing.Please verify this before celebrating it.

Its not about RAF's weakness, rather PAF's proficiency in WVR and this makes sense considering the fact that we have been fiercely training hard for 2 decades on two major tactics, avoiding BVR and refine WVR. Not many know but the Israelis have a similar doctrine and they also concentrate heavily on their WVR tactics. As much as BVR is discussed these days, it is still far from mature and the evidence of this is the number of kills made at such extended ranges, chance of a kill is slim even with more modern BVR missile variants in production today. WVR is the real skill in any air combat because a proficient pilot in this regime,a able to dodge a high speed heat seeker or guns, at close range, is more likely to dodge a not so accurate, rather chancy BVR missile. RAF pilots are among the best in the world no doubt, but they, along with many NATO/ European pilots, Airforces, seem to rely too much on BVR technology/ doctrine which is not a clever approach when they are facing a PAF/ Israeli pilot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom