What's new

RAF Typhoon leads the race to secure £7 billion arms deal

7 billion ? I thought its 11 billion $

Its 7 Billion Pounds Sterling

Thats like 12 Billion USD
However , dont be surprised if IAF actually goes ahead and signs the deal for 11 Billion Pounds , coz thats how much 126 EF will cost

Why does GoI need to keep the french happy? They are neither russia( main defence exporter) nor US.
Why do you think EFT has better chance when it is made by a consortium and we have to operate for next 30 years.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

So many platforms will be nightmare for IAF, dont you think?

So that they don't sell stuff to Pakistan.

In tender, it is already stated that if there is a difference of 15% or more,,,,, winner would be one that has quoted less value...... otherwise best offer package would be consider???
Does EF's cost exceeds the price by 15+ ??????

It does interest me that the EFT is being touted so much for its "flawless" performance in Libya as if it one the war by itself without A LOT of help from RAF Tornados (because RAF Typhoons are Tranche 1/2) and that the Rafele didn't participate at all.

Vested interests anyone??

We will see EFT scam like bofor in couple of years.
I'd say there was 0% likelihood of this. The size,scope, publicity and scale of this procurement means every single stage has been conducted professionally and perfectly cleanly. Much of this is also down to the mammoth effort that has been put in by the IAF who, unlike in previous procurements, have had a huge say in the final outcome of the competition. Added to that is the fact that the MoD are aware of the stakes and are determined to keep things clean and fair. Also new stringent anti-corruption laws have helped.

Whilst I'd say a similar circumstance of Bofors was almost impossible nowadays and especially not for projects like MMRCA, if it did happen this scale of the scandal would literally bring the GoI to its knees and do horrific damage to the Indian armed forces and inflict woes that would exist for decades. Hence it is in everyone's interests form nothing close to that to happen.

According to my sources, it will be rafael. .due to low price.

The funny thing is this article was posted back in 2010 from the telegraph and now they reposted it :lol:

Wait for it.. As I said before, the SH deal is outside of MMRCA

Are they buying it for some special squad for electronic warfare capabilities. I would love it, if they want to do it.

Back
Top Bottom