What's new

Rafale jets vs ghas ki roti

It is a leftist leaning paper
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW what is your take on the following

http://www.thefrustratedindian.com/2015/07/newspapers-in-india-and-their-political-ideologies/

The Telegraph is a hardcore leftist newspaper that oscillates between glorifying the communist traditions to eulogizing the prominent left wing leaders. The paper is brazenly anti BJP, though it features articles from Swapan Das Gupta time and again. While being married to the leftist cause, the Telegraph is also known to clink a few pegs with the Congress party.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Such articles as in the OP makes me want that China should really attack us AGAIN

Only then these idiots will understand the importance of Military power

I have an inbuilt BS filter and rarely if ever read the opinion columns. I mainly read the sports section and local news of my town in Telegraph as Telegraph is the only English daily which covers my town competently. For Business news, I prefer Business Standard and WSJ.

Anyway my comment was a humorous take on habit few people including me have where we read news paper during bio-breaks in the morning and the pun was that it's utility perhaps is best served as TP.

I have an inbuilt BS filter and rarely if ever read the opinion columns. I mainly read the sports section and local news of my town in Telegraph as Telegraph is the only English daily which covers my town competently. For Business news, I prefer Business Standard and WSJ.

Anyway my comment was a humorous take on habit few people including me have where we read news paper during bio-breaks in the morning and the pun was that it's utility perhaps is best served as TP.

When I was living in Bengal- I was too fed up with Telegraph but that was the only English daily distributed in my area-

12 Billion for 126 and 8 billion for 36 now do your math moron

Had India gone for only just 18 fighters as originally planned, it would have cost India $7.2 Billion @ $400 million per fighter.

Now you should also note the remaining additional 18 are being procured for just $1.2 Billion @ $90 million per fighter.

Anyone who have shopped anything in their life would know this basic concept.

BS article. Kongrsi and leftists are high. Better for our country if we ignore them.

Never ignore such BS in a country where foolish & ignorant people outnumber the wise.

The article is more of a sick joke that can only be made by leftists.

why Rafale's...why not the new car a MLA is given which costs more than 20Lakhs? That would feed a lot of people for a lot of time.
What about the food given to MLA's and MP's in state Assemblies and parliament? That can feed a lot of people as well.

So, let's ask all govt employees to get their own homes, own vehicles and own phones etc etc which can save more money than rafale deal....

Yesterday, NDTV had a program comparing how a helipad was built or roads cleaned in preparation of the travel of politicians. It was understandable to some extent as both were related to use of water.

Last edited:
And do we expect to see your positive role in propagating this negative false publicity like our media or do we expect to see this as an aberration? Because it certainly does not help spreading this piece for it to dominate headlines all over. I was unaware of this nonsense till you posted it and its a bread and butter for me!!!!!

That is the problem. Wise people are oblivious to the ongoing campaign.

Hence my reason for posting this article to start with.

Never ignore such BS in a country where foolish & ignorant people outnumber the wise.

Now that's hitting the nail on the head!!!! Not only outnumber but overwhelmingly at it

That is the problem. Wise people are oblivious to the ongoing campaign.

Hence my reason for posting this article to start with.

Your logic is fine on your front. But for me this is like the media attention to militant groups. The more media attention does a militant group grab, the more spectacular they aim to make their terror attack. Best is to deny them the space and publicity they want. Similarly, the act of Kanhaiya Kumar, Hardik Patel et al were on similar lines. They kept on going ttill the media gave them attention, now they are off the radar and no one cares for them. Grandstanding needs to be avoided. What you have posted is limited to a certain section of the society only, let it remain there. It does not need to be mainstreamed.

Sadly, one need not convince doubters the need for their security, and there are still some people left at the government who are working in national interests. One thing Pannikar has done is to give a clear message to Army that first and foremost requirement is to ensure all the ammunition and WWR is met. Which is being done - verifiable on ground today. They have also decided to give MCIWS or similar project for Indian forces to civil sector ..... things are occurring .. so its not abysmal yet.

t has become customary in India, to point fingers on soft targets like defense and space whenever large value projects are announced, while conveniently forgetting that actual cause of poverty in India is due flawed policies or policy implementation.
Sad!

This is the perfect answer to the article....... People look at defense and space as soft targets as these articles get more attention...... In a democracy everyone has the right to criticise.. even if it was based on a mornic logic....

This is the perfect answer to the article....... People look at defense and space as soft targets as these articles get more attention...... In a democracy everyone has the right to criticise.. even if it was based on a mornic logic....

If defence and space are run incompetently and are wasteful then they become legitimate targets. Indian space program is a one of the few achievements I am proud of, Defence could be lot better.

Wait.. The US has more than million homeless people.. Do they stop everything and just look to feed and provide shelter for the homeless? Which idiot writes these bullshit?

If defence and space are run incompetently and are wasteful then they become legitimate targets. Indian space program is a one of the few achievements I am proud of, Defence could be lot better.

I am not talking about achievements here, I am talking about the convenient punching bag for a section of writers....... I dont think one can say they will not be targeted if they were run in a competent manner..... For example, ISRO..... They are still targeted.....

I am not talking about achievements here, I am talking about the convenient punching bag for a section of writers....... I dont think one can say they will not be targeted if they were run in a competent manner..... For example, ISRO..... They are still targeted.....

You did not get my point. Anyone can target anyone, all one needs is a platform. Most of the shots fired have no consequences like the hatchet job on ISRO during Mars Mission. In case of Defence it hurts because the allegations have some merit in it. Now I am not saying this is all right - it is insidious and detrimental to national interest as they sabotage our security but they are not completely unjustified.

Similar case can be made for IPL which is being targeted for using lot of water.

These same sections and judges conveniently ignore the numerous factories that use a lot of water.

Some WILL argue that industries generate jobs but so does IPL. It generates more revenue per litre water than most industries in India.

But hey, it's always the soft targets that groups go after. Would anyone have the guts to after the sugar industry which uses nearly 2000 litres of water for 1kg sugar?!!

Btw, I hate IPL but they are saints when it comes to some of the industries vis a vis water utilization.

Back
Top Bottom