What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Diyat Paid by Saudi Arabia? US Denies Payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood money, or 'Diyat' is a provision under Islamic Sharia law
Total BS; not because of Islam but because of greed they let him go....& here Maulanas were airing against Davis & for Islam & guess what they again are back-stabbed..

All those who had voted PPP and PML(N) are Mir Jafir and Mir Sadiq of the nation.

lanat app jesay loga par ..jo muskil ke time par Pakistan ko gali dey rahe han....

or lanat tum jesoon per jo ghulamoon si soch rakhty hai. mery traf se lanat hai aysy mulk aysi hakumat aysi faug or aysi awam per hazaar bar .now ban me forever:angry:

And this is why things get fcked up when you mix religion with the state of affairs.

Don't give it a religious or Secular color , it was a decision taken by some ********* who wont care about any civil law either !

A strong but Islamic government would have punished RD.

The Saudis have a 'strong' and 'Islamic' government.

Strong because they keep a hold on everything in their nation and we kill their people on their behalf if they oppose the state laws.

Islamic, well you know why.

But it was Saudi Arabia who came with the deal and the money.

And we accepted.

pakistan is nothing but a land of slums and beggers with gov of some dallal and army of shemales. dont try to teach me what pakistan is .

pakistan murdabad

IK, a true test of a man's character is not what he does in peaceful and easy times but times of difficulty and challenge. Regain your senses. The situation is shitty but not hopeless. The country will live and opportunities at redemption exist.

Kuttay - by Faiz, you say? What's it all about?

Well, it was not unexpected at all.

When USA really wants something, it gets it. There was never going to be another outcome of this issue.

Its best to keep a reasonable distance from the big elephant in the room. Even if it means no harm, it will knock off a few every now and then.

Total BS; not because of Islam but because of greed they let him go....& here Maulanas were airing against Davis & for Islam & guess what they again are back-stabbed..

Islam is religion of peace and love not hatred , both nation will come closer to each other with his release .

Inner contradictions much?

Murder is a crime against society, not a crime against person (although traditional Hanfi sharia doesn't think so, but the social contract in Pakistan - like all other societies agrees). Out of court settlements for intellectual property, land disputes, etc etc are acceptable - no out of court settlements for murder are acceptable.

I sympathize with you today.

Sorry to burst your bubble but out of court settlements can be reached over any matter as long as the parties involved are not coerced to do so. I can refuse to press charges if someone kills my brother and the murderer can be set free without standing a trial. Of course, according to the PPC ( Pakistan Penal Code) the state can act as a prosecutor on its own prerogative and press charges citing whatever reasons it deems necessary but I will not be a party to that application.

You can blame the government and the establishment for reaching a backdoor deal but you can not blame the victim's families or the court for doing what they did. The court ruled over the evidence that was produced to it and families acted in their best interest. How many of us who are fuming here went to their homes to show our support when they were coerced from every side? How many of us tried to help them in arrangin a top- notch lawyer to fight their case? How many of us stood by them and gave them strength that everything's gona be alright?

I ain't no Mullah but i ain't a hypocrite either. I call a spade a spade when i see one. This is not the first time that a victim's family has opted for an out of court settlement, Why all the commotion then? Just because the Islamic concept of Diyat was used. I just feel sad for people like you who run to bash religion at every given opportunity without having any sound knowledge about it. You are as confused,clueless and farther off the truth as the religious extremists you so vehemently loath. I do not dislike the west and its policies unconditionally without any exception and I will not sit idle while you try to do the same with a religion, be it Islam or Hinduism.

U.S. did not pay compensation in Raymond Davis case | Reuters

(Reuters) - The U.S. government did not pay any compensation to the families of two Pakistanis killed by Raymond Davis, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Wednesday.

"The United States did not pay any compensation," Clinton told reporters in Cairo. Asked who paid the families, she replied: "You will have to ask the families."

Asked if the Pakistani government had paid compensation, the secretary of state said: "you will have to ask the Pakistani government."

Hahaha I told you the Saudis paid the families and they are not in the US, but in Saudi Arabia! Thats what the Saudi ambassador was up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom