What's new

Raymond Davis Case: Diyat Paid by Saudi Arabia? US Denies Payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously it's an open secret. However i was certainly not expecting them to achieve their goal through this law. I thought it irrelevant considering that relatives are very angry and they will not accept it. Americans however have a complete idea that this is the only way. I am amazed at their use of this law not the law itself.

the families were indeed angry initially. But after almost two months, they've come to accept the reality. Their sons wont come back. But here they have an opertunity to live the rest of their lives comfortably. This isn't selling their sons or crap like that. This is Islamic law and I respect it. Many families in Pakistan accept blood money for their relatives' murder where the murderer is another Pakistani, no one ever raises an eye brow, we all accept it, but these two families are traitors and have sold their sons because the murderer is America? No wonder the families decided to move and leave their houses.

Neem hakim khatraye jaan.
Better read the thread and you will know in what context I said so.
Your own countrymen was criticising your own people because they were showing frustration on Pak.
But your Indian fanaticism only led you to think against anything Indian.:tdown:

My Indian Friend- i said sorry in the same post :D-
The bolded line you couldn't resist- isn't it?-

The hypocrisy of the U.S state.Just the other day they were condeming our shariat laws, now they used the shariat law to free their spy.
There was a man who onced said that "Pakistani are those people who would sell their mothers for 10$" there were wrong ,we would sell them for 1 million dollars now.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

The hypocrisy of the U.S state.Just the other day they were condeming our shariat laws, now they used the shariat law to free their spy.
There was a man who onced said that "Pakistani are those people who would sell their mothers for 10$" there were wrong ,we would sell them for 1 million dollars now.

Everyone got something out of this deal. RD finally went home to have his favorite Burger King sandwich he's been asking for all this while. The Punjab government showed the US that they can be trusted when the push comes to shove. They mad sure that a plane was waiting and ready for Rd as soon as he was released. The federal government procrastinated and complicated the matters till an out of court settlement was reached. I am sure the Army/ISI also go some bargain out of the deal. Without the Army gaining something out of the deal, it would have been impossible to go through with it. I ain't no psychic but my educated guess is that whatever the Army/ISI got out of the deal is in the interest of the country, and not for their personal gains. The victim's families social status was exploited and they walked away with a hefty amount as well. All in all everyone was happy after getting their share.

You can argue that the state could have taken a more tough stance and not made a deal but that's asking a donkey to run with the horses. Pakistan can survive without the American aid, it has and can be proven with facts and not just tall claims. But to do that you need a leadership with a backbone. The Army knows that the current government can not make that decision which leaves the Army with two options. Either impose a martial law and go through with the decision itself or try to gain as much leverage as possible out of the situation. I think the Army made the right choice.

The Saudi Army chief was here just to soften up Kiyani's and Pasha's stance on the issue. I am sure he promised alot of goodies in return which again will be used for Pakistan and not for any individual. The army has decided to just bear this government for the remaining of its term and then make sure that people like these do not come to the power again.
Your forgot following:

• ISI Chief Shujah Pasha got 1 year extension in his service.
  • The discord between powerful CIA and ISI eased.
  • Drone attacks resumed.
  • Pakistan army agreed to launch an operation in North Waziristan.
I am willing to bet that US (behind closed doors) send a powerful message to PAKISTAN to accept its demands or face severe consequences. US used the Saudi card on us too. The infamous carrots and sticks policy?

In the end, Pakistani stakeholders opted for carrots and all involved parties reached a satisfactory conclusion.

yes, I was not of that view, til I saw retired brg and others working really hard to demoralize the offended Pakistanies, and in seconds someone purposed of reuniting the two states as well....eeewwww disgusting indeed on their part.

lolzzzz you know these same bharatis were so upset when Pakistan was keeping Davis and they were laughing at our sentimental posts about showing tough stand and now when we had released him according to the law, they are upset because it has dashed their hopes of increase in tension between the US and Pakistan.

Your forgot following:

• ISI Chief Shujah Pasha got 1 year extension in his service.
  • The discord between powerful CIA and ISI eased.
  • Drone attacks resumed.
  • Pakistan army agreed to launch an operation in North Waziristan.
I am willing to bet that US secretly send a powerful message to PAKISTAN to accept its demands or face severe consequences. US used the Saudi card on us too. The infamous carrots and sticks policy?

In the end, Pakistani stakeholders opted for carrots and all involved parties reached a satisfactory conclusion.

his extension was due despite US discomfort on him :) bust since a new man would have needed a long time to take up things on ongoing war against militants.

2. operation is not on cards yet.

3. drones were already going on even when RD was in jail.

4. but yes one thing is notable that is easing of tension already

listen brother, this isn't about selling your son or brother. You are not in there position to judge them. This thread is too hot to post anything sensible, everything is getting lost in the shuffle. Diyat is not a loophole law as people here are calling it. It's a very valid law which gives a household to revceive a sum of money if they loose a member of their family (who could be the sole provider) so they can continue their lives.

Eye for an eye, life for a life, is not always justice. These families were poor, they lost their son, who isn't going to come back. At least, they've received some money to live their life. This rational thinking can only come with a cool head.

It would be a loophole in the sense that the family can be payed to overrule the prosecution in a murder case.

Aziz Ahmed was supposed to die. In 2006 he used a meat cleaver to kill a friend he thought had been sleeping with his wife. He confessed and was sentenced to be hanged.

But last month Ahmed won his freedom; not because his confession was recanted or fresh evidence was presented, but because of a wad of cash. He paid the victim's family $9,400 and walked out of prison a free man.

See the above

This says money proceeds the judiciary.

Every body has got its share including mr.10%.
Aur awam kha mukha me roads pe rul rhi hai.
Jiay zardari...

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

yes sir prices are going to high day by day so we sale at 10mn now .he should learn abut economic problems.

lolzzzz you know these same bharatis were so upset when Pakistan was keeping Davis and they were laughing at our sentimental posts about showing tough stand and now when we had released him according to the law, they are upset because it has dashed their hopes of increase in tension between the US and Pakistan.

exactly...and now Iam really beginning to see the whole picture from a different angle. and I see their disappointment in a complete paranoid manner !!

Every body has got its share including mr.10%.
Aur awam kha mukha me roads pe rul rhi hai.
Jiay zardari...
$$$

No they have sacrificed for fake ego for the good of the country and as well as for their future .

Good decision

Maybe you're right, maybe I'm not realistic enough. But maybe you're wrong. How did the country benefit from all this? All the money & incentive was given to the family of the victims, Pakistani moral was brought down, the way Pakistani deals with the US (& its stance) has weakened. The Pakistani people & the entire system has been thoroughly exposed today. How has it benefited from this? Further co-operation for the WOT, & having a bigger say in their matters?

what we gain from this i just wanna know it if he can change gov i would like to give him my blood and money both but if road show then?

These shameless B@stards can talk the talk but they cant walk the walk. Imran khan is not a politician with practical solutions. All he does is talk stuff to win votes.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Pakistan government is on a Crusade against its own people!

The flag is in a subliminal message.
cruflag.png

Islamabad
cruflag2.png

Crusader.jpg

knights_templar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom