What's new

RD-33MK for JF-17?

RD-93 has max thrust of 98kn and produces very little smoke compare to old RD-33.

RD-93 is older than RD-33MK. Has smoke. When FC-1 project started in 1998 at the time there was no RD-33MK, the newest RD-33 back then was RD-93. RD-33MK is more advanced than RD-93. No smoke at all.

RD-33MK is the latest, most advanced, most powerful RD-33 family engine. No smoke, full FADEC, 20,000 lb of thrust on par with EJ200. I would imagine it's the same size and shape as earlier RD-33 like RD-93. What do you think? Would JF-17 be retrofitted with RD-33MK?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klimov_RD-33#RD-33MK
RD-93MA (for single engined aircraft)and RD-33MKM (for twin engined aircraft) are the next gen variant of this series expected to be ready March 2019. WS-13E improved variant is very similar and about to be ready about the same time, there is rumor that there is both way share of technology between China and Russia for the new variants, apparently China has developed or has acquired engine component technology that was not available to Russia before.

So JF-17 Block 3 will either be RD-93MA or WS-13E. Either way its the same product but different name. My guess is Pakistan will stick to Russian supply and will continue with them since extensive overhaul facilities being established as same power plant is on the J-31 (rumored Azm). For export orders in order to avoid getting additional re export permissions from Russia, WS-13 is the likely candidate.

https://www.quora.com/Has-WS-13-eng...mass-produced-and-being-used-in-JF-17-Block-3

Last edited:
I have seen a Russian aircraft design just like stealthy jf-17
Can anyone provide me specific details about that problem.
SFI S-21

I did a lotbof design work on combustion chambers are pyestock farnborough.

The some ia basically fuel tahtbhasnt been burnt. Combustor design is notthat difficults and but getting burn time inside the chamber increased you refuce the smoke. This is done by careful position8ng of air holes and vortex generatiin withinbthe chamber

expensive product, only Russian planes using it.
The RD-33MK "Morskaya Osa" (Russian: Морская Оса: "Sea Wasp") is the latest model developed in 2001. It is intended to power the MiG-29K and MiG-29KUB shipborne fighters
Guess who else uses Mig29K and Mig29KUB?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom