What's new

Real range of Indian Missiles ?

Yaar , do you have any literature for the bold part ????

If you mean Indian lit then none, none will ever be available either.

If you know what comprises a physics package in a nuclear device then it becomes rather clear though- The primary and the secondary are adjustable if the radiation case can accommodate said adjustment. If the radiation case has space constraints then a new one will have to be developed. In our case the radiation case was inherently large enough. So between a deviation of 150 to 250Kt is what one will see with the full fledged primary and secondary components.

If you mean Indian lit then none, none will ever be available either.

If you know what comprises a physics package in a nuclear device then it becomes rather clear though- The primary and the secondary are adjustable if the radiation case can accommodate said adjustment. If the radiation case has space constraints then a new one will have to be developed. In our case the radiation case was inherently large enough. So between a deviation of 150 to 250Kt is what one will see with the full fledged primary and secondary components.

No buddy , any literature about the components and working of H-bomb .

No buddy , any literature about the components and working of H-bomb .

Khud banayega kya? There are quite a few papers, none will tell you "HOW" a device is made but many will talk of the structure of said device. Far too many to list. Yaara- will have to dig up an old exchange between me and Hype on Naswar- we had listed some very good papers- can't remember atm.

Khud banayega kya? There are quite a few papers, none will tell you "HOW" a device is made but many will talk of the structure of said device. Far too many to list. Yaara- will have to dig up an old exchange between me and Hype on Naswar- we had listed some very good papers- can't remember atm.

Nahhh buddy , just to make sure about our real capability .

I would have surfed myself but not in the mood right now ..... Waiting for someone in fb .... ;)

Nahhh buddy , just to make sure about our real capability .

I would have surfed myself but not in the mood right now ..... Waiting for someone in fb .... ;)

Let me help you, even I need to get off the comp. @Hyperion @S-DUCT yaara can you get my friend here a pdf or two on the physics package of a thermo-nuclear device? Would be much obliged- please also garnish upon the scaleability of the same for yield increase from the test items (package validation) to actual operational devices. Gotta run atm. Shall catch up at night and scare Mamba with the TWIG.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dillinger - So you mean to tell me that I can't just hold two fist fulls of Uranium & smash them together to bring about a thermonuclear barbeque ? :unsure:

' @Hyperion - Yeh tou mazaaa naa ayaaa ! :disagree:

Can anybody tell me what diffrance does it make if u call agni 6 or surya ? What's so screat abt agni 6 is actully a surya :what: @Dillinger

Its for maintaining some sort of secrecy. The junior level scientists will be told one name and after the work is done, the missile will be launched with another name at the last moment. And project "surya" doesnot exist...but the work on it has started way back ;)

@Dillinger - So you mean to tell me that I can't just hold two fist fulls of Uranium & smash them together to bring about a thermonuclear barbeque ? :unsure:

' @Hyperion - Yeh tou mazaaa naa ayaaa ! :disagree:

You can, you mighty Butt. Us mere mortals can't, much to our lament. Otherwise Hype would have gotten Alpee to do that long back in Jhung. No @Hyperion?

Not done anywhere in the world? Its been done right here. It wasn't a dud, it was a validation of the physics package- the test did its job. Ergo the throw weights of our missile and dimensional parameters of our RVs. Otherwise no one would bother, not even the much brain dead Chidu (curse that fool for his follies back in his days- one of them just came back to bite us in the rare recently and was a subject of much mirth for a certain country). Suffice to say that the nuclear arsenal is potent, no less than 200Kt in yield per device at the moment and set to grow. The international consensus for the warheads, counts and yields are based on a certain document from 99 and 01 by the same institute and same fellow- which also stated that India at that moment had 800kg of already separated and un-safeguarded material- enough for an arsenal in excess of 250 warheads and furthermore it stated that India had enough un-separated and un-safeguarded fissile material for a 1000 warheads straight- should tell you how accurate those figures were (they got the quantum right but not the intent and the re-processing capacity).

Thank you! But I reserve my right to remain unconvinced. All international seismic stations are unanimous that while the fission device worked, the TN was a dud and its only output was 20-30 KT - the Fission bomb part worked, while the TN did not. This was tried to be explained away by claiming unique geological structure of test site as if it would not have affected the other test too. Against the very logical claims from Santhanam, we only have bland but Godlike proclamations from Kakodkar, Kalam and Chidambaram-- probably the real reason why Kalam was made president to ensure that his lips remain sealed for ever. And, to top it all - a single testing of the H-Bomb and we are done while all other nuclear powers have been through the grind for a prolonged period to validate the designs. I m sure it will not be too long before it is revealed that Kalam, Kakodkar et al were traitors who fatally compromised India's security through premature moratorium on tests.

Its for maintaining some sort of secrecy. The junior level scientists will be told one name and after the work is done, the missile will be launched with another name at the last moment. And project "surya" doesnot exist...but the work on it has started way back ;)

Screcy should be in spec not in name it's like india devloped a screat missile with range of 8000 km range CHAND code name agni 5 ;)

Thank you! But I reserve my right to remain unconvinced. All international seismic stations are unanimous that while the fission device worked, the TN was a dud and its only output was 20-30 KT - the Fission bomb part worked, while the TN did not. This was tried to be explained away by claiming unique geological structure of test site as if it would not have affected the other test too. Against the very logical claims from Santhanam, we only have bland but Godlike proclamations from Kakodkar, Kalam and Chidambaram-- probably the real reason why Kalam was made president to ensure that his lips remain sealed for ever. And, to top it all - a single testing of the H-Bomb and we are done while all other nuclear powers have been through the grind for a prolonged period to validate the designs. I m sure it will not be too long before it is revealed that Kalam, Kakodkar et al were traitors who fatally compromised India's security through premature moratorium on tests.

You might want to look into why a 29-35kt yield (http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/India/IndiaRealYields.html) was measured as opposed to the official 45kt, if you fill in the blanks with what I have written of the composition of the physics package it will become clear. No one likes to admit that their calculations with regard to the quantum of material required might have gone wrong. As I said, the package works quite well- in its current operational form provides the yield that we need without any hitches.

Screcy should be in spec not in name it's like india devloped a screat missile with range of 8000 km range CHAND code name agni 5 ;)

Do you really think the specs of Indian missiles are really available in the public domain? :lol: What ever specs which are available are minimal and some are even false. ;)
Even projects..not every thing will be out. And as far as names of projects are concerned, secrecy should and will be maintained. Do you really think that all the missiles launched under the name of Agni series and K series are really those missiles?

Whats the point of having a 5000 Km range missile for carrying just a 45 KT warhead?? I think we are just running ahead of ourselves - creating IRBMs when the real need is to restart testing for nuclear weapons. We already have enough to deter Pakistan. As for China, its a different story, and for that we need well proved TN weapons of high capacity. Just having DV will not do.

Bro 45 KT ? What is it ? Did u ment the total weight ? or war heads ?
And how can we restart Nuclear Test ? We will be banned by US again . But we really need to test 2 - 3 seperate Nuclear Tests for sure .. With high yield will be GREAT BOOST for Image and our capability ... BUT HOW CAN WE ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom