What's new

Reasons why Pakistan's economy on failed stage

For current situation as I repeatedly stated, reduce defense budget significantly and use it to end circular debt and start building better government institution.

And in your estimation, just how likely is that to happen in Pakistan? There is the answer.

Yes, but for the foreseeable future, it seems impossibly difficult.

LOL. After iftari, taraveeh and sehri, no one will be awake during the day anymore. Perfect traditional zeal and fervor. :D
They show no resistance against economic issues... an extremely strange nation....
I think this quam will live happily if move to stoneage ...... there shock absorbers are custom made from the mullah and elite factory... aaahhhh reminds me .. mullah military alliance ..

PSM?

Or the various private steel mills owned by politicians that interestingly turn a profit.

PSM is dead.

They show no resistance against economic issues... an extremely strange nation....
I think this quam will live happily if move to stoneage ...... there shock absorbers are custom made from the mullah and elite factory... aaahhhh reminds me .. mullah military alliance ..

But we will be first in the line going to heaven. Or so we happily believe. :D

Just by imposing more import tax Pakistan will get more USD and make the country more interesting for FDI to come. Bigger import tax will also reduce consumption and save more USD stored in the country.

It will bring more inflation of course (from imported products), but that inflation is necessary for the better future.

Pakistan also should make law to convert all USD made by export into Pakistan Rupee so the USD can be used to import and strengthen the currency.

India also has similar law (all USD made from Export must be stored in local banks)

PSM?

Or the various private steel mills owned by politicians that interestingly turn a profit.
Musharraf ran steel mill in profit ...then came Zardari and then Nawaz ..who turn it into a massive Negative Profit ... as usual. Imran try to sell or try handover to army ... PPP and judiciary jump in ...

Our govt industrial unit building the same old obsolete products for the last 30 years ...
That was established by Bhutto ... imagine, nothing change still making same old crap

Last edited:
Musharraf ran steel mill in profit ...then came Zardari and then Nawaz ..who turn it into a massive Negative Profit ... as usual. Imran try to sell or try handover to army ... PPP and judiciary jump in ...

I know the history. I know the Management(s) that came in and turned it into a profit generating machine. How Billions PKR were being wasted on ghost employees, political appointees, and fraudulent medical shyt.

I also know the "ethical and moral" policing of a prior Chief Judge who believed he knew more about business than anyone else. But the Judge's biography has been rewritten to be sinless.

For current situation as I repeatedly stated, reduce defense budget significantly and use it to end circular debt and start building better government institution.

As far as I know, IMF finally give the same recipe and ask Pakistan government to reduce its defense budget. IMF wants the gov to take 2 billion USD from the budget.

combined with too large defense budget (almost 4 % of GDP in 2021)

And why would India ( or, Taliban in Afghanistan) allow that to happen ? Pakistan can cut defence budget only when it has sone sort of peace on borders

And why would India ( or, Taliban in Afghanistan) allow that to happen ? Pakistan can cut defence budget only when it has sone sort of peace on borders

Because Pakistan has nukes, cruise missiles, and large army. Taliban is not dangerous for Pakistan, they just give some trouble but not really a threat for Pakistan.

India will not attack Pakistan as it will be suicide for any India ruling party as it will bring destruction to India economy.

India real rival is China and your elites understand that making fuss with Pakistan will make your country go backward.

Indonesia as another emerging country will become magnet as soon as you guys declare war to Pakistan. There are plenty to go for any FDI initially want to invest in India but see trouble if Pak-India war happen. Remember there are 200 million of your people that have sympaty to Pakistan that can be used for bringing terror inside India.

Both prefers status quo. Preserving status quo is already peace in the making

Because Pakistan has nukes and cruise missiles. Taliban is not dangerous for Pakistan, they just give some trouble but not really a threat for Pakistan.

India will not attack Pakistan as it will be suicide for any India ruling party as it will bring destruction to India economy.

India real rival is China and your elites understand that making fuss with Pakistan will make your country go backward.

Indonesia as another emerging country will become magnet as soon as you guys declare war to Pakistan. There are plenty to go for any FDI initially want to invest in India but see trouble if Pak-India war happen. Remember there are 200 million of your people that have sympaty to Pakistan that can be used for bringing terror inside India.

Both prefers status quo. Preserving status quo is already peace in the making

There is a very wide gap between keeping their military on toes and attacking. There will be no war. But cutting their military budget can not be allowed.

Not that they want to cut it anyway. Even now they are negotiating to buy Mirages from Qatar. When their forex reserve is below 3 billion, they are buying military planes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom