What's new

Reko Diq gold mine project: Pakistan may face $11.5-billion penalty

There is no final verdict yet on this.
So hold your horses.

So, what happens if Pakistan says we don't want to pay?
Or
Payable when able.
Or
Will pay 10 USD each month.

Who will enforce this judgment by force?
What is such mechanism if any?

I doubt amount will be anywhere near $11b. It will take many years to reach final settlement. But in either case Pakistan will have to pay penalty. Reko diq will help pay penalty when its handed over to Chinese company.

Not yet but likely same company which is already working in Balochistan mines.

And what makes you think clever Chinese will fork out these funds? Knowing that there is a 11 billion $ sword of Damocles hanging over this company.

Ultimately they will offer lower price looking at future pay-offs.
So that way Pakistan will get lesser funds in a overall situation.

Chinese company wont pocket Pakistan's troubles.
This is not my opinion, its just a common sense.

And what makes you think clever Chinese will fork out these funds? Knowing that there is a 11 billion $ sword of Damocles hanging over this company.

Ultimately they will offer lower price looking at future pay-offs.
So that way Pakistan will get lesser funds in a overall situation.

Chinese company wont pocket Pakistan's troubles.
This is not my opinion, its just a common sense.

yes its loss loss situation.

Our country in too much chaos. Corruption politics make stop on mine. ☹

We also need be caution. We should not too much reliant on china. Woh apnay lowg laatein hain... africa key chinese owned mines dekh lo... udhar ye hi kaam kar rahe hein. Woh apnay lowg laatein hain har kaam ke liye.

We should leave in limbo. Is not priority right now. Not sell in short term under any circumstances. Peepl r 2 stupid they will get ripoff like how tourist get ripoff.

We not in shape to do anything with it. Wat if terrorist attacks or somethings?

Anyone intersted to claim it come its in inside Pakistan

CC6zvcqWAAAM8yD.png

Still worth it though.

11.5 billion is peanuts compared to the potential.

Explain your model of earning $11.5 billion?
I suppose that must be as crazy as your remarks!

Business can be done on fair grounds.
What was unfair in TCC deal?

i know an Indian is good with mathematics but i am only telling you what probably should and would happen
You don't need to be a mathematician to know, how big an amount of $11 billion is!
TCC being mining giant, may not have a history of making this much profit from any of its copper mine.
You are stating what should hurt Pakistan. This is exactly why Zardari canceled this project.

Our country in too much chaos. Corruption politics make stop on mine.
Funny part is we are not building any mine but we are paying amount, equivalent to building 10 mines in Pakistan.

Explain your model of earning $11.5 billion?
I suppose that must be as crazy as your remarks!

What was unfair in TCC deal?

You don't need to be a mathematician to know, how big an amount of $11 billion is!
TCC being mining giant, may not have a history of making this much profit from any of its copper mine.
You are stating what should hurt Pakistan. This is exactly why Zardari canceled this project.

Funny part is we are not building any mine but we are paying amount, equivalent to building 10 mines in Pakistan.

The deal with TCC was conducted in a haste. Hallmarks of major corruption and thus why it is not encouraged.
As far as generating 11.5b, well we wont be paying that in one go and some sort of compromise can be reached for sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom