What's new

Religious Freedom from Hindu perspective

If we ascribe differing attributes to this Being, then He cannot be the same entity... or, one or more of the faiths that call upon this entity is wrong. This is the fundamental basis behind religious divide. It's sad, but it is what it is.
Bad logic. Different attributes point to a different understanding, not a different Entity.

So true! I'm an atheist but still I'm a Hindu. I guess the flexibility offered by Hinduism is unmatched. :)

Same here . i am agnostic but culturally a hindu .

I take pride in my hindu history and indentity . I celebrate the hindu culture , all its festivals and even participate in Poojas with other believers even though they know i am agnostic .

Hindu epics and ancient characters i love and grew up with are always there with me .

Hindu religious freedom flexibility is indeed unmatched .

so you believe we all worship the same god
When you say God, as in the godhead all gods and their human/material representations or avatars emanate, then yes.

In my limited studies, religions outside of the so-called Abrahamic tradition too have the concept of the supreme deity, and the rest of the gods are sort of hybrid god-man-etc entities, such as in much of Sanatan Dharma.

A lot of the gods are plain heroes,worshipping Ram/Krishn/Hanuman is basically hero worship.The basic gods are the holy trinity and they are not mortals,they are pretty much the nature and like meta physical concepts.

Hinduism is the oldest spiritual tradition of this world and is all about liberty and freedom to carve one's own path to divine.It has no concept of apostasy or blasphemy or even conversion! But without any push towards conversion it is winning hearts and minds of people all over the world by it's teaching,love and philosophy alone.

Liberty is gr8est asset of humanity and no liberty is gr8er than liberty of choosing your Gods/Goddesses or none!!That is Hinduism-Liberty and Liberation!!

Hinduism is not just a faith. It is the union of reason and intuition that can not be defined but is only to be experienced. Evil and error are not ultimate. There is no Hell, for that means there is a place where God is not, and there are sins which exceed his love.

Hindu texts laugh at religions as being the dogma of self-righteous fools and emphasize on Dharma-the righteous way. Hinduism is just a convenient label for the worlds oldest spiritual and philosophical tradition.

Bad logic. Different attributes point to a different understanding, not a different Entity.

Disagree with respect, because the God as described in the Pentateuch is VERY specific in describing his own attributes.

Our knowledge is based upon texts. It's all we have to go on, unless one of us is a true Prophet. We read of these attributes, and add additional attributes based upon the interaction of the Entity with His peoples.

I'll try to simplify it. If, in a non-Mosaic text, the Supreme Entity self-describes as vengeful, this is in direct conflict with the self-ascribed "Merciful" Mosaic God. The only logical conclusion(s) we can come to:

- One of the texts MUST be false. God cannot be both Merciful and Vengeful.
- Both texts are false. God can be either at His whim.
- There is no God, and it's all man-made.

My point is that it is a gross oversimplification to claim that primitive animists, Greek pantheon believers, Gaia folk, Jews, Hindus, Muslims, and Christians all worship the same entity, just differently named.

Polytheism alone destroys this argument.

Disagree with respect, because the God as described in the Pentateuch is VERY specific in describing his own attributes.

Our knowledge is based upon texts. It's all we have to go on, unless one of us is a true Prophet. We read of these attributes, and add additional attributes based upon the interaction of the Entity with His peoples.

I'll try to simplify it. If, in a non-Mosaic text, the Supreme Entity self-describes as vengeful, this is in direct conflict with the self-ascribed "Merciful" Mosaic God. The only logical conclusion(s) we can come to:

- One of the texts MUST be false. God cannot be both Merciful and Vengeful.
- Both texts are false. God can be either at His whim.
- There is no God, and it's all man-made.

My point is that it is a gross oversimplification to claim that primitive animists, Greek pantheon believers, Gaia folk, Jews, Hindus, Muslims, and Christians all worship the same entity, just differently named.

Polytheism alone destroys this argument.

this is widely belived misconception that hinduism is polytheitic religion but it's not

Very nice to read, it is only ignorance that is the bane of all religions and I wish these ideals were shared by all but there will always be a select minority who call themselves religious but are nothing of the sort.

This very much reminded me of my religion-Sikhism- equality for all mankind. As the founder of our faith's first words were after enlightenment-"There is no Hindu and no Musalman".

Sikhs believe that God has been given many names, but they all refer to the One God, VāhiGurū. Sikhs believe that members of other religions such as Islam, Hinduism and Christianity all worship the same God, and the names Allah, Rahim, Karim, Hari, Raam and Paarbrahm are frequently mentioned in the Sikh holy scriptures.

yes there is no forceful ban on eating beef although it will immoral to do so for one who considers hiself a hindu cosiders cow to be mother like figure

Seriously, still eating **** of mother like figure is quite awkward phenomena.

I'm not even willing to give my hand in shitty hands.

What about other animals!!! is it allowed to eat meat of not so mother like animals?

yes there is no forceful ban on eating beef although it will immoral to do so for one who considers hiself a hindu cosiders cow to be mother like figure

Is it because if someones mother is inadequate or dead, the cow-milk is used feeds the infant for his survival?

Can one eat bull but not the cow?

Seriously, still eating **** of mother like figure is quite awkward phenomena.

I'm not even willing to give my hand in shitty hands.

What about other animals!!! is it allowed to eat meat of not so mother like animals?

There is no where written that eat meat of Beef or not its only the respect we are giving to a particular species from which we are getting milk I think as a Pakiatani you can understand maa ka dudh
which no other thing can replace in the world. You know it is scientifically proved cow milk is the best to feed any infant whose mother is dead. We grow drinking milk of Cow.and in ancient times Cow dung was used as a fuel even today rural areas in India Pakistan and Bangladesh use it. It is the best manure also . It has some properties which is mosquito repellent thus used as to line floors.

please tell me any animals in the world which has these qualities. we cant be so cruel that a animal which is giving so much benefits through out our life time and in its older age we will slaughter her to eat her meat.

I am not a vegetarian but there are some principles which I follow and i am proud of that.

Regarding your second statement yes in hindu scriptures we allow hunting ( shikaar ) of some animals. First Lion, only those lions who are older in age and could not go for a hunt to feed them so instead of living them dying due to starvation its better to kill them.

And second Deer ( Hiran ) those Deer who have developed kasturi ( I dont know english name for same ) in there umbilicus. they become mad due to the fragrance of kasturi so its better to kill them ....

Back
Top Bottom