What's new

Remembering Akbar Bugti

Seriously..

What is the hitch ? Why has it not been done so far ?

This eats into the vitals of a nation / society.

It has not been done so far, becoz the leadership is in their hands, so why will they let it happen. Mushy Uncle ji had tried with the local govt system, which has been a problem for the current parties in the govt, so they have now replacing it with the old british system.

Musharaf hatred reasons among many is he tried to take own these tribal system & feudalism head on, in start people didn't knew or realized it, once they did, they went against him.

Balochistan people are not so much concerned with resources issues or problems, its just one of the cover face by the Baloch Sardars for their own survival, as they want their own system to stay, with which they will eat the royalties (as per previous tradition) & keep the tribal people under their strict control, becoz if once they get the basic utilities of life & come to know about the world, the Baloch Sardars tribal system will be in a problem & may vanish with time.

Seriously..

What is the hitch ? Why has it not been done so far ?

This eats into the vitals of a nation / society.

Third eye I could not agree with you more ....

and I think it is about time that the clan based, feudal system is packed up from this country and the poor people, laborers are set free.

I think the youth is ready for this, and I also think that the Baloch leaders can take a lead in this.

If this is managed right, I do not see why ShahZain Bugti or any other baloch leader can not cause a national movement to remove feudal aristocracy

He raises voices, i'll go with him ...

Third eye I could not agree with you more ....

and I think it is about time that the clan based, feudal system is packed up from this country and the poor people, laborers are set free.

I think the youth is ready for this, and I also think that the Baloch leaders can take a lead in this.

If this is managed right, I do not see why ShahZain Bugti or any other baloch leader can not cause a national movement to remove feudal aristocracy

He raises voices, i'll go with him ...

Frankly. I am surprised that such feudal systems exist.

Education is the key to start the change. I am aware of the pain my grand dad & dad went thru in the 60's the Zamindari Abolition and land Ceiling act came into force.

The Govt forced it thru. We did manipulate holdings & land fertility records but still lost a great deal. I too occasionally feel / mourn the loss but it does not bother my son who has only a passing interest in land .

The former PM of India, late VP Singh who was from a princely family / state donated all his land to the landless.

We have to move on.

He lived and breathed honourably and gracefully

Indeed, if beginning a career in murder and tyranny in one's teenage years is honour and depriving his tribal subjects so that he may live in luxury, then certainly, and he is welcome to it, no decent Pakistani would ever consider these people honourable.

Our media and Nawaz Sharif want Musharraf to be hanged so they will do their best to make late Bugti a hero.

Mr. Bugti was a criminal and there are decent Baloch leaders who should get the media attention instead of the Bugti clan.

PS Its amazing how Indian compare sovereign part of Pakistan to Kashmir which is disputed by UN resolution.

Why drag India in.

BTW that sovereign parts now got a Gov't and is shown as a separate country in US immigration lists.:woot:

Why drag India in.

BTW that sovereign parts now got a Gov't and is shown as a separate country in US immigration lists.:woot:

Aha Nazi again.

well not so fast baby. That assumption is wrong. Go and check the immigration lists it says Balochistan (Pakistan), Punjab (Pakistan), Sindh (Pakistan), NWFP (Pakistan)

That was a mistake by those who over looked the form and assumed that Balochistan is shown as separate country.

Aha Nazi again.

well not so fast baby. That assumption is wrong. Go and check the immigration lists it says Balochistan (Pakistan), Punjab (Pakistan), Sindh (Pakistan), NWFP (Pakistan)

That was a mistake by those who over looked the form and assumed that Balochistan is shown as separate country.

Sure baby...still got its govt and flag no :azn:

how bad bugti was, thats not the question, all feudals who occupy pakistan are the same in punjab, sindh, but the thing is, now he's dead and whole balochistan takes his death damn serious. i saw a photo of bugti shaking hands with quaid e azam, he has played an important role during the creation of pakistan. and i think he meant something to balochs. the need of the present circumstances is to rectify the feelings of baloch, the ground realities are grim, and the conditions are gonna be worse in future. we cant solve these complicated matters by using force always????? we can remain ignorant and negligent

how bad bugti was, thats not the question, all feudals who occupy pakistan are the same in punjab, sindh, but the thing is, now he's dead and whole balochistan takes his death damn serious. i saw a photo of bugti shaking hands with quaid e azam, he has played an important role during the creation of pakistan. and i think he meant something to balochs. the need of the present circumstances is to rectify the feelings of baloch, the ground realities are grim, and the conditions are gonna be worse in future. we cant solve these complicated matters by using force always????? we can remain ignorant and negligent

Last elections were the most credible according to teh international sources (including J. Carter and UN reps) so why Balochs didn't vote for anti Pakistan elements? How come PML-Q won majority of seats?

Bugti was not the only sardar and there are other powerful sardars too but our media, IK and NS are hell bent on proving Bugti a hero for settling their own scores.

I disagree with this approach! Pakistan is not a bloody miraas of our politicians or the Baloch sardars.

Mir Aali Bugti is the new Bugti sardar, who is elected by the other sardars of the Bugti tribe. Media and all of us should pay attention to the new sardar and see how things can improve in Balochistan.

Why remember a person running a private army and openly challenging the writ of state,blowing gas pipelines and demanding the royalty of Balochistan province for himself.:angry:
These sardars are biggest enemies of Balochs themselves who are a big hurdle in developement of Balochistan,sad thing is they had been given free hand by many governments in past and they have been in government of Balochistan.
Like in 1970's when Mengal was in power he barred all punjabi teachers from teaching in all educational institutes and sent them back that had a devastating effect on education and the educational standereds fell in whole province beacause the number of local teachers was inadequate.:hitwall:

Last elections were the most credible according to teh international sources (including J. Carter and UN reps) so why Balochs didn't vote for anti Pakistan elements? How come PML-Q won majority of seats?

Bugti was not the only sardar and there are other powerful sardars too but our media, IK and NS are hell bent on proving Bugti a hero for settling their own scores.

I disagree with this approach! Pakistan is not a bloody miraas of our politicians or the Baloch sardars.

Mir Aali Bugti is the new Bugti sardar, who is elected by the other sardars of the Bugti tribe. Media and all of us should pay attention to the new sardar and see how things can improve in Balochistan.

now you want to judge the situation by election outcome. by the way, the has been a sharp turn in pml-q stance, now chaudry shujaat says that he was against the military action in balochistan, he says he never wanted musharraf to use military, and all his efforts to bring negotiations with people like bugti went futile. also the former pml-q zafarullah khan jamali has formed his party which is called baloch quami movement. i should say, due to bad policies, baloch people have gone too nationalist.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom