What's new

Reorientation And Restructuring of Pakistan Army

Aap bacahy ki jaan lay k he chorain gay janab..:lol:

Aray bhai ap nay language ki baat ki, hum nay aapko bata diya k kya kartay hain hum language k silay main. You showed concerns regarding higher education, i told you that we have approx 500 PhDs in our Army and that ALL officer from EME, Signal, Engineers and Doctors are degree holders. EME (either electrical or mechanical BE), Signals (telecom or sofware engg), Engineers (Civili Engg), Doc (well you know), apart from this all guys from AEC are atleast master, most of them more than one and quite a handsome amount hold PhDs. Moreover, a colleague of mine (a regular soldier from infantry) has already completed his PhD from Karachi University, or her rooz tanay marta ha mujhy k tu b kar lay, and i am like, PDF say jaan chottay ge tu karonga na. i personally know about 10 officers who are from the fighting arms have done their PhDs. In addition to this, almost every Lt Col as of today hold an Masters Degree in one subject or the other. Most of them hold more than one. i wont tell what i hold. With the advent of Virtual University and the old friend Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU), officers and even their wives are always up to something. i have even sent soldiers on leave to appear in AIOU exams. Sir wo paper dainya hai choti chaiye..and i was like..is say thaka howa bahana nahi mila is choti janay k liye...to be revealed later that he actually was busy to further his education.

As of today, say thankxs to Sir Kiyani, every Officer of Pakistan Army would be holding a BS Degree. Two years of education in PMA (initially it used to be graduation only) and further he would have a total of 3 years after getting commission to complete his 2 years credit hours. Subjects like Human Resource, Man Management, War Studies etc have been added to the typical fauji curriculum in School of Instructions. Thus, on completion of 4 years of studies successfully he would be awarded the BS Degree. So in future, every Captain of Pakistan Army would not be a Graduate (BA/BSc) but would hold a BS.

Already, those Captians and Major who attend Gunnery Staff Course (Artillery and Air Defence guys) are given MSc Metallurgy Degrees on getting atleast B+ grade in the gunner staff course, from Peshawar University. This is happening since like 15 years from now.

And ofcourse, i have already told you that a thaka howa Major Saab is much educated than many civilians by the virtue of his 17 years of schooling (minimum). BTW, how much years of schooling does a PhD have? Dont tell me, i know it. Officers who have attended Gunnery Staff, Foreign Courses, and senior officers who would attend NDC and War Courses and those officers who would attend optional courses like Mountain/Desert Warfar etc would add more 'years' to their studies.

BTW, just wait for this BS Degree thingy to happen. i am sure many would vomit blood from their 9 holes!

One of my relatives is a Doctor in Rwp CMH. He gets called for conferences from all over the world!, and according to him, the doctors are really educated and well versed in this regard. Same goes for EME and Signals.

Less than 10 years ago the ambition was to train 500 Phd every year - now theer are over 500 Phd in the army alone, that's what, like close to 10 percent? Will wonders never cease?

Of what time are you narrating this ? Nowadays you can find almost all the basic necessities inside the Cantt premises. There are bakeries and shops right next doors, the mess has all the stuff readily available, (well that is for the bachelors) but still.
Yehe tu araz ki hai janab..everything is available in the cantts. In bigger cantts you can even find vehicles and expensive furniture. In almost every big cannt, branded outlets like Pizza Hut, KFC, Bonanza, Diners, G 2000, Cambridge, Hang Ten, Chen One etc would open their outlets. It has become a norm as of today that these guys would first open their outlets inside the cantts and then when they know that even civilians would come from outside the cantt to buy their stuff, they may consider opening another shop outside the cantt.

But the thing is, almost half of these bakeries and shops are run by faujis. Though this trend has been strictly checked by Gen Kiyani and we are in the process of handing over fauji shops to interest contractors provided they are able to maintain the standards that the Army wants out of them.

As of today, employment of soldiers on non-fauji duties has been declared a crime and senior officers have been penalized for violating these orders. So it is just a matter of time that all of these things would be run by civilians. BTW, i think you didnt read post properly.

CSDs are the key. They have been instructed to make available everything, so that their isnt a need for any other shops. The new uniform will only be available at the CSDs, so no more Janjua Tailors inside the cantts. i hope you are getting what i am trying to say. The previous post was to explain why such measure were taken. Wo or baat hai k last weekend i went to by some chart paper for my kids from inside the cantt, and the civilian dude running the shop charged me Rs 5 more than the normal price. i knew this because just a day earlier when i was roaming outside, i bought the same charts at a cheaper rate. On inquiry the cantt shopkeeper sang the same old song of..sir karaya dyna parta hai..Jaisay bahir usy karaya nahi dyna parta! This is the dilemma with these guys, running shops inside the cantts.

Less than 10 years ago the ambition was to train 500 Phd every year - now theer are over 500 Phd in the army alone, that's what, like close to 10 percent? Will wonders never cease?

"The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has compiled information about PhD degrees awarded by Pakistani universities since 1947.......

.....The PhD records since 1930 (25 PhD records produced before 1947 by the Punjab University) have also been enlisted in the PCD. In October, the total number of PhD degrees recorded in the PCD (PhD Country Directory) was 6,560 (the figure i quoted earlier in my post)."
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

(An average of 103 PhDs a year, since our inception. Pakistan main galat paida hogaye thay ap janab.)

Wonder would sure never cease.

Go, complain to Qaid-e-Azam.

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Wait..the record is since 1930, the average comes down to 81/year. Buck up Pakistanis!

New and Improved Pakistan, indeed. No wait, "Reorientation And Restructuring of Pakistan," indeed.

Yehe tu araz ki hai janab..everything is available in the cantts. In bigger cantts you can even find vehicles and expensive furniture. In almost every big cannt, branded outlets like Pizza Hut, KFC, Bonanza, Diners, G 2000, Cambridge, Hang Ten, Chen One etc would open their outlets. It has become a norm as of today that these guys would first open their outlets inside the cantts and then when they know that even civilians would come from outside the cantt to buy their stuff, they may consider opening another shop outside the cantt.

But the thing is, almost half of these bakeries and shops are run by faujis. Though this trend has been strictly checked by Gen Kiyani and we are in the process of handing over fauji shops to interest contractors provided they are able to maintain the standards that the Army wants out of them.

As of today, employment of soldiers on non-fauji duties has been declared a crime and senior officers have been penalized for violating these orders. So it is just a matter of time that all of these things would be run by civilians. BTW, i think you didnt read post properly.

CSDs are the key. They have been instructed to make available everything, so that their isnt a need for any other shops. The new uniform will only be available at the CSDs, so no more Janjua Tailors inside the cantts. i hope you are getting what i am trying to say. The previous post was to explain why such measure were taken. Wo or baat hai k last weekend i went to by some chart paper for my kids from inside the cantt, and the civilian dude running the shop charged me Rs 5 more than the normal price. i knew this because just a day earlier when i was roaming outside, i bought the same charts at a cheaper rate. On inquiry the cantt shopkeeper sang the same old song of..sir karaya dyna parta hai..Jaisay bahir usy karaya nahi dyna parta! This is the dilemma with these guys, running shops inside the cantts.

Yup, there are bakeries right next to houses now!. And no more batman now, a civil NCB has to do the job.

Yup, there are bakeries right next to houses now!. And no more batman now, a civil NCB has to do the job.
Aray bhai...i know the difference between a batman and an NCB. The example i quoted was from the era when we had batmen. And well, ab itni b bakries nahi hain. But then what's the fuss about? i have already told ya the reasons for these shops, didnt i?

I don't know here discussed or not but i can give example of new reforms and reorientation in Russian army as they are considering system as pyramid, reduce number of generals and increase Captain level ranks, first it will help to reduce expenditures and increase efficiency of command & control system.

Main problem when we used to bring army in every field of governance, this trend should be reduced and try to keep Army away from many social or economical infrastructures.

Totally agreed Sir, technical guys should be more educated, the more educated they are, they more beneficial they would be. They can even be used after their retirement and used to educate the newer lot.

Totally agreed that technical guys should be more and better educated as well as trained. But how is this going to happen?
You train them... but once they are senior major's they resign as they are offered easier and better (in terms of salaries) jobs in Private sector. Then what? You can't force someone to work for you.

Army is not going to leave it's luxuries. I mean the Generals drive around in all sorts of expensive cars...on state's money. What do you expect of them? They join army to make money not defend the country..

They join Army for luxuries? wow! What about the pains, hardships, and all that they pass through before joining Army?
Why don't you join Army and have a close look at their (I'm talking as a whole) so-called luxurious live.

We don't want Pak Army to become a force of Lions led by Donkeys (no offence to donkeys).

Back
Top Bottom