What's new

Report: Israel Aerospace Industries handed Morocco a Heron UAV

dani191

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Report: Israel Aerospace Industries handed Morocco a Heron UAV
The $ 48 million deal includes the delivery of three UAVs, as well as training for their operations and maintenance. The tools will be used by Morocco to oversee Islamist groups

Ami Rohx Dumba | 30/01/2020 Contact author
%D7%9E%D7%9C%D7%98%20%D7%94%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%9F%201%20%D7%A9%D7%9C%20%D7%94%D7%AA%D7%A2%D7%A9%D7%99%D7%99%D7%94%20%D7%94%D7%90%D7%95%D7%95%D7%99%D7%A8%D7%99%D7%AA.%20%D7%A6%D7%99%D7%9C%D7%95%D7%9D%20%D7%90%D7%A8%D7%9B%D7%99%D7%95%D7%9F%20AP.jpg

print
send to a friend
A + A- size
Share on
Share on

Aerospace industry's Heron 1 UAV. Photo Archive: AP

According to a report by intelligenceonline, IAI recently completed the delivery of three Heron 1 drones to the Moroccan Army. The $ 48 million deal was launched in 2014. It includes ground stations as well as operations and maintenance training. Sealed the contract through its joint venture with Airbus Group, under the name EADS, and marketed the UAVs under the Harfang brand in an effort to keep it secret.

Security everywhere: Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
The UAVs will be used by Morocco to oversee Islamist groups in the Sahara Desert.
https://www.israeldefense.co.il/he/node/41817 translated by google

I can understand when you sell overpriced equipment to GCC but Marocco:-)? It is even not armed ahaha, wtf did they do?

The latest agreement between Tunisia and Turkey is much cheaper and armed:-). I salut mine Tunisian brothers for ther smart purchase...

8.5 million dollar and eight uav Tai Anka armed.

I don't get it who in its right mind spend 18 million $ for a single uav which is not even stealth you fly it over enemy land and its fried in seconds .

I can understand when you sell overpriced equipment to GCC but Marocco:-)? It is even not armed ahaha, wtf did they do?

The latest agreement between Tunisia and Turkey is much cheaper and armed:-). I salut mine Tunisian brothers for ther smart purchase...

16 milion for a one heron UAV without being armed that means they will need to do further payments to arm it
I could understand this deal(even would say great deal for morroco) if they offered a drone that has extraordinary capabilities like Akinci of course that heron is good but for that price it’s not worth it plus it is from 2004 Wikipedia says the price for one unit is 10 milion dollars

Moroccans love Jews a lot. Especially their king loves Jews and almost worship to France.
Their official language is French not Arabic or local language.

Still better than some 32 rafales for 8 frekin billion dollars.
It'll be stupid to think India simply brought something overpriced. There are parts of deals that are not known to the public.

Similarly, this drone deal has more to it than just the cost and will not be available for public scrutiny.

It's great to see Turkish defense industries take off. IMO u guys should engage Ukraine, South Africa, and Brazil...to propel Turkey forward rather quickly...in things these countries have to offer. Especially Ukraine...they are in dire need of money...and they have great tech related to tanks...including engines, armor, and other such things. Their Antonov aircrafts are great as well.

It'll be stupid to think India simply brought something overpriced. There are parts of deals that are not known to the public.

Similarly, this drone deal has more to it than just the cost and will not be available for public scrutiny.
Not known to public? I can't remember how many times Indians have brought this up as a point to gloat over against Pak. They try to score brownie points about how Indian military is "transparent" and "answerable" to the ppl...as opposed to Pak's military. Whatever happened to that? Shouldn't the details of the deal be disclosed? As to where the money is being spent? U don't have to disclose the technical aspects of the systems on Rafale(national security and what not)...but in a "true democracy" the public has the right to know where the money is being spent(or so I've been led to believe by the Indians on here).

I'm sure there was "no corruption" and "no kickbacks" involved right?

It's great to see Turkish defense industries take off. IMO u guys should engage Ukraine, South Africa, and Brazil...to propel Turkey forward rather quickly...in things these countries have to offer. Especially Ukraine...they are in dire need of money...and they have great tech related to tanks...including engines, armor, and other such things. Their Antonov aircrafts are great as well.

Ukraine technology offer is only useful if you have a power industry to absorb the delicate technical issue. Then why do u think India, Japan , SK , Indonesia , turkey has not think of it to jump start at it?

Ukraine technology offer is only useful if you have a power industry to absorb the delicate technical issue. Then why do u think India, Japan , SK , Indonesia , turkey has not think of it to jump start at it?
Japan and South Korea have the means and access to such technology without a problem(access to tech from US and western countries). Anything they want...they can pretty much license produce it(eg Mitsubishi F2). This is in addition to their already well developed industries. In this case there's nothing Ukraine can offer them...they can have anything Ukraine has to offer and more.

As for India...I'm not sure why they are not jumping on that opportunity. Perhaps the ppl in charge don't want to turn away from acquiring foreign off the shelf defense equipment bcuz it gets them huge sums in kickbacks? Perhaps this is also the reason why their domestic projects fail to take off? Again I can't speak with accuracy on behalf of why India hasn't gone this route bcuz I don't make the decisions for them...however they have much of the capacity(in terms of industry), human capital, and money to engage Ukraine. Idk why they are not...and I'm glad that they are not.

Turkey too has enough of an advanced industry to absorb a lot of the tech from Ukraine without a lot of trouble. They have some money to throw at it too. Hence my suggestion that they should go for it. I would also say Pak should do it...although it would take longer for Pak to develop the industrial capacity, human capital, and a general advancement in a lot of different sectors...but unfortunately Pak has no money at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom