What's new

Review EDGE Al Tariq precision guided munition Halcon HAS-250 anti-ship misile P2 P3 guided munition

i wonder they import people from all over the world to develop it?

Haha, I’m merely a defense enthusiast and they have many engineers working on different concept ideas that would surprise me even.

I do want to get into an engineering field, so I may apply at Halcon if possible as they have hired Arab-Americans recently.

Strike missions are notoriously difficult to pull off against a nation with an modern, integrated air defense even NATO lost a good amount of aircraft and they were much stronger than Iraq in the the Gulf War.

My idea should be able to help lighten losses a good bit ideally.

The ADM-160 weighs about 160kg if I remember correctly which is very light and sub powered by a 0.78kn turbojet which is very similar to what Halcon produces albeit a bit stronger. There are ways of increasing the RCS of the drone to be almost copies of fighter aircraft, or tankers, or whatever you really want. Luneberg lenses drastically increase the radar cross section on aircraft such as the F-22 for peacetime missions.

With two F-16s for example, you may be able to fool an enemy’s air defense into thinking there are 5 or 6 other F-16s with such decoys thereby getting the enemy’s to turn on radars and SAMs to engage the decoys thinking they are F-16s.

At that point SEAD/DEAD can be used with AGM-88 HARMs or even glide standoff weapons.

They is also an electronic jamming decoy of the ADM-160 but that is a different topic altogether.
img_68-3_29.jpg

US Miniature Air Launched Decoy (MALD) launched from the B-52

The MALD is a small jet-powered decoy that can be used as an adjunct to manned SEAD/DEAD assets, providing false targets for enemy defences which will ‘light up’ and in turn be targeted..

But there is a counter to these already..
Defensive Counter Measures and Emitting Decoys:

Radio frequency emitting decoys intended to seduce anti-radiation missiles are now being offered for most Russian radars, many of which include integration features to synchronise radar emissions with multiple decoys..

Here is a good read..

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-2009-02.html

@The SC @Gomig-21
It is not a very good counter yet, the MALD is meant to get enemy missiles to engage the decoys therefore allowing you to know exactly where the systems are located.

UAE also has spy satellites to find those air defense systems wherever they hide.

Back
Top Bottom