What's new

Rewards for diners who leave nothing

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
A forward think move. The amount of food that gets wasted in Indian functions is amazing. The same must also be in Pak.

I find that most diners are embarrassed to ask the restaurant to pack the left overs. Also, it is considered ' not good' by some to finish all thats on the table !

Diners will receive rewards if they eat all their food in restaurants or take away their leftovers, as part of efforts to reduce food waste.

Minister of Commerce Chen Deming told a conference in Beijing on Monday that some restaurants have introduced such a policy, while others are handing out coupons or awarding membership points to diners who do not squander their food.

"All these methods have proved effective and can be promoted," Chen said.

The conference, staged by the ministry and the National Tourism Administration, focused on measures to eliminate food waste.

Chen said restaurants and catering services should come up with ideas to avoid wasting food, and restaurant associations can reward restaurants or individuals that contribute to reducing such waste.

He urged restaurants to put up banners carrying slogans to discourage wasting food, to provide smaller dishes and to remind customers to take their leftovers away.

He said the quantity or weight of materials in each dish should be printed on the menu, adding that a suitable number of people should be suggested for set meals.

The minister also urged restaurants and food companies to introduce innovative cooking methods for food that is frequently eaten, to make it more inviting than expensive dishes.

Rewards for diners who leave nothing[1]|chinadaily.com.cn

When I eat I finish everything in my plate down to the last grain of rice. It is not hard, some people are just lazy to finish off the last bits.

I don't know how people can throw away half a burger and not feel guilty about it. Even if you pay for it with your own money it is still food.

When I eat I finish everything in my plate down to the last grain of rice. It is not hard, some people are just lazy to finish off the last bits.

I don't know how people can throw away half a burger and not feel guilty about it. Even if you pay for it with your own money it is still food.

It depends what you eat, Pakistani and Indian serving sizes are probably larger than Chinese servings. That is why there is usually more leftovers.

I eat all my food, to the last rice.

This sort of "Eat your food, there are starving children in India & Africa" worked on me, and it has become a OCD habit to pick up all the food from the plate.

I eat all my food, to the last rice.

This sort of "Eat your food, there are starving children in India & Africa" worked on me, and it has become a OCD habit to pick up all the food from the plate.

Could you for once get off your high -attitude -Pakistani horse where every child is blessed with Steakes and Sirlions before they go to bed along with a warm duvet ,nicely folded on their king - size beds , to fend off cold?

Yeah U have OCD , for trolling allright!!

I don't see how rewarding people to eat all their food is a good idea. What difference does it make? People are always telling kids "you better eat your food, there are starving kids in African countries" What difference does it make if I eat the food or not? Those kids are still going to be hungry either way (last time I checked the garbage can does not teleport food scraps to Nigeria) trying to guilt trip. Making people eat food they don't want will only increase the rates of obesity, not sure how that helps anyone out.

The real solution is to cut down portion sizes to begin with, and effectively donate food scraps to the needy. It is up to citizens to go and make a difference in their local communities to help those less fortunate.

Could you for once get off your high -attitude -Pakistani horse where every child is blessed with Steakes and Sirlions before they go to bed along with a warm duvet ,nicely folded on their king - size beds , to fend off cold?

Yeah U have OCD , for trolling allright!!

What? I wasn't trolling.

That is exactly what my parents would say when I wouldn't finish my food.

What? I wasn't trolling.

That is exactly what my parents would say when I wouldn't finish my food.

IM sorry to say ,2 possibilities here.
1- with all respect to your dear parents, they ARE ignorant about the sad state of Pakistan...
2 –they were trolling You....( This seems to be a better proposition. )

IM sorry to say ,2 possibilities here.
1- with all respect to your dear parents, they ARE ignorant about the sad state of Pakistan...
2 –they were trolling You....( This seems to be a better proposition. )

With respect towards you and your country, my parents were not ignorant about Pakistan. Back then, Pakistan was better than India in malnutrition & poverty factors, as it is still today. And my parents don't even know what trolling means probably.

Now, let us not go off topic. Stick to the topic, dude.

With respect towards you and your country, my parents were not ignorant about Pakistan. Back then, Pakistan was better than India in malnutrition & poverty factors, as it is still today. And my parents don't even know what trolling means probably.

Now, let us not go off topic. Stick to the topic, dude.
I was going to show you the mirror of your country... But fair enough.

Also, people should respect the fact that an animal died for that burger, to discard it is a true crime.

Yes there it's also an attitude thing - even if that animal may otherwise be killed for another person if you don't eat it.

Like when you go to public restrooms you don't just totally trash the whole cubicle knowing that someone is gonna get paid to clean it up anyway.

Back
Top Bottom