What's new

Rio de Jainero behind schedule to host Olympics in 2016

Mercenary

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Things not looking good for Rio De Jainero. They are heavily behind schedule. Even Pele admitted that.

BBC Sport - Brazil's Pele says Rio may not be ready for Olympics

Brazil's Pele says Rio may not be ready for Olympics

Brazilian football legend Pele has cast doubts over the nation's ability to host the 2014 World Cup and then the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.

Speaking in London, he said: "At the moment, things are not great. We have a little problem with the construction."

He said communication and transport problems were the biggest issues, but hoped they would be resolved.

"People are saying it will be easy, but I do not think it will be - we have only two years," he added.

"I spoke with President Dilma [Rousseff] and she said she is going to do her best to organise things, but we are not ready yet."

There were similar concerns over the readiness of Athens ahead of the 2004 Olympics and South Africa in the build-up to the 2010 World Cup.

The Brazilian, 71, who has become a worldwide ambassador for football, said he hoped Brazil's first Olympics could make a big impact.

"The same company who organised the Olympics here will be in Brazil. In London, the organisation has been fantastic.

"But we (Brazil) have a lot to show the world and a lot to offer."

London's Olympic Games have seen Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt defend his 100m and 200m sprint titles.

Asked whether Bolt had joined him and boxer Muhammad Ali as one of the greatest sportsmen of all time, Pele, who was voted Athlete of the Century by the International Olympic Committee in 1999, responded: "Yes, no doubt."

to early to criticize. BBC has a reason to say it .. BTW

BBC should shut up, the way they organised the olympics, they dont need to criticise anybody else

if just the media wasnt favouring them, if countries like aisans and other had so many controversies, they had a really poor olympic

Can anyone tell me about BBC? is it run by mafia gangsters? Why no country take action against BBC? May be banned them?.... i always wonder why india and pakistan dont banned BBC when BBC always anti india and anti pakistan.... BBC must be having super extreme power.... No country takes action against it....

Can anyone tell me about BBC? is it run by mafia gangsters? Why no country take action against BBC? May be banned them?.... i always wonder why india and pakistan dont banned BBC when BBC always anti india and anti pakistan.... BBC must be having super extreme power.... No country takes action against it....
They've just quoted what pele said. No biggy

If india can finish CWG in time with all fiascos, brazil surely will complete. However media scrutiny will definiyely help bringing attention.

Our best wishes with India's friend Brazil let the racist BBC rant whatever it want.

Shame on Britain making mountain out of molehill. :tdown:

Yup, with the HORRIBLE opening and EVEN worse closing ceremony where BBC gave it a thumbs up (seriously, blind people couldn't criticize their own) BBC has no rights to say a single word until Brazil 2016 is done!

Back
Top Bottom