What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

@waz @Hu Songshan pls ban viet trolls on this page.

I wish to be able to go back to talking about Team China related news. Hence, I also request the Mods to ban the said troll or simply keep it out of this thread only.

c5a9a79c-0081-4b97-98dd-97adff6fc344.jpg

China's Zhao Shuai celebrates after men's -58kg gold medal contest of Taekwondo at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on Aug. 17, 2016. Zhao Shuai won the gold medal. (Xinhua/Han Yuqing)

Table Tennis WORLD CHAMPIONS - Clean Sweep

20160818115051433.gif

20160818072934689.gif

The Kings

20160818092300791.jpg

20160818094443337.jpg

The Queens

chinese-women-defends-table-tennis-gold-in-style-in-rio-ittf.jpg

39518693_-_17_08_2016_-_olympics-rio-tabletennis-w-team_1.jpg

China take men's team title to repeat gold sweep at Olympic table tennis (updated)
Source: Xinhua | 2016-08-18 11:18:08 | Editor: huaxia

135610732_14714901758401n.jpg

(From L to R) China's Ma Long, Xu Xin and Zhang Jike attend the awarding ceremony for the men's team gold medal match of Tabel Tennis at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on Aug. 17, 2016. China won the gold medal. (Xinhua/Yin Bogu)

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- China added a men's team gold medal here on Wednesday to sweep titles of the Olympic table tennis competitions for the third straight time.

The all-time leading Chinese men's team, twice champions at as many previous Olympic Games after the team events took the place of doubles since Beijing 2008, claimed a 3-1 victory in the final over Japan, who made history by reaching an Olympic final of men's table tennis.

It was the 28th gold medal won by China since the sport was introduced at the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games.

World No. 1 Ma Long, who came out the fifth Grand Slam man after crowned at singles in Rio, scored two points in Wednesday evening's final to lift the whole team up.

The 28-year-old started strong as the first positioned singles player, overcoming a mid-way blast and some netballs from the 22nd-ranked Koki Niwa, just 21 years old, to win in straight sets, 11-6, 11-9, 11-6.

To follow up Ma in the second game, Xu Xin, the sole penholder in this Chinese squad, stumbled against Japan's top male paddler Jun Mizutani, conceding the first set 12-10 and the second 11-9 though having pulled back five scores in a row from trailing 5-1.

The 26-year-old world No. 3 reopened the game in style, leading 6-0 into the third set before letting go just three points of 11-point format.

Tying it 2-2 with a 11-7 fourth set, Xu led 10-8 in the fifth and decider but Mizutani, ranked sixth in the world, served to tie 10-10 before taking it 12-10 to force at least four games.

The following doubles went also intense as Xu, pairing up with China's another active Grand Slam winner Zhang Jike, easily surrendered the first set 11-4 before launching a hard-working comeback 11-6, 11-9, 11-5.

Ma then came up on court again to play Japan's 21st-ranked Maharu Yoshimura and just proved his flying form, rounding up the match with a 11-1, 11-4, 11-4 win.

Though losing the final, Japan won their first silver medal in men's event to better Mizutani's fresh record of taking a bronze in the men's singles six days ago.

Liu Guoliang, who has been at the helm of the Chinese men's team for more than a decade, said he's happy to see a new generation growing into the leading figures of China's table tennis.

"Through these Olympics, I can surely state that we have the core of three in our team with Ma, the captain, Zhang, the soul, and Xu, the key one," said Liu.

"I'm also happy for our opponents," he added. "Congratulations to Japan. They not only contributed an exciting performance today, but also proved themselves arch-rivals to stand shoulder by shoulder with us."

"It's always a good thing to have evenly matched opponents," said Liu. "We' ll be much more motivated in improving our own game alongside with them."

China edges Brazil in Olympic volleyball women's quarterfinals
CCTV.com

08-17-2016 13:02 BJT

2016 Rio Olympics

The Chinese women’s volleyball squad, who came into the Games the 2015 World Cup winners, had struggled through the group phase. Lang Ping’s side managed just a 2-3 record, but still earned a spot into the quarterfinals. And they would have a tough task in the knock-out phase, battling the hosts from Brazil, who were a perfect 5-0 in pool play.

2016081714094217308.jpg

Wei Qiuyue of China celebrates winning the match with her teammates. [Photo/Agencies]

The hosts looked like they may stay perfect grabbing the opening set 25-15. China bounced back, and took the next two frames, 25-23, 25-22, and put the Brazilians on the ropes, trailing 2-1.

Brazil won the fourth set by a 25-22 count and force a decider. And the final set was tight, but China claimed a 15-13 decision in the fifth to prevail, and moved onto the semis to play the Netherlands. Brazil are eliminated.

China edges Brazil in Olympic volleyball women's quarterfinals
2016-08-17 06:53:39 GMT2016-08-17 14:53:39(Beijing Time) Ecns.cn
yMUm-fxuxwyx8865935.jpg

China's women volleyball players celebrate after upsetting Brazil in a five-set battle at the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Aug. 16, 2016. The younger Chinese team outplayed their more experienced opponents 15-25 25-23 25-22 22-25 15-13 and went through to the semi-finals where they will face the Netherlands. (Photo/Agencies)
XIhU-fxuxnah3751508.jpg

kixY-fxuxnah3751510.jpg

T3WK-fxuxnah3751512.jpg

aKLS-fxuxwyx8865937.jpg

w-0Q-fxuxnap3775704.jpg

YXP8-fxuxnak0475045.jpg

Lin and Lee set up mouth-watering semifinal showdown at Rio Olympics
Source: Xinhua | 2016-08-18 02:40:29 | Editor: huaxia

135608845_14714800760461n.jpg

China's Lin Dan competes during the men's badminton singles quarterfinal against Srikanth Kidambi of India at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on Aug. 17, 2016. Lin Dan won the match with 2:1. (Xinhua/Wang Peng)

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- The highly-anticipated semifinal between China's Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia will take place on Friday as the two badminton icons defeated their opponents respectively in men's singles quarterfinals here on Wednesday at the Rio Olympic Games.

The first gold medal of badminton went to Indonesia as its pair Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir claimed an easy victory over Malaysia's Chan Peng Soon and Goh Liu Ying 21-14 and 21-12 in the final of mixed doubles.

China's Zhang Nan and Zhao Yunlei defeated their teammates Xu Chen and Majin to win the mix doubles bronze medals.

Two-time men's singles champion Lin disposed off Srikanth Kidambi of India 21-6, 11-21, 21-18, while his close rival Lee barely broke a sweat brushing aside Chinese Taipei's Chou Tien Chen 21-9, 21-15 in 41 minutes.

As Malaysia's men's doubles badminton duo and mixed doubles duo made into the gold and silver final, the pressure of claiming the first gold for Malaysia was shaken off a lot from Lee.

"The pressure must decrease as my teammates were playing good after the long-time hard-working preparation, I felt happy for them. But I have own objective and no matter what the result will be, I will try my best and enjoy my fourth and last Olympic Games," said 33-year-old Lee.

The upcoming semi was considered to be the last Lin-Li match to lots of fans, but not to Lee Chong We. "It's hard to say," he added.

Compared with Lee's easy promotion, Lin came up with great challenge from 23-year-old shuttler Srikanth Kidambi.

"It's too easy to win the first game, but I fell far behind in the second at the beginning, but the third one meant a psychological test to players," said Lin.

"Both of us worked hard in the past four years for this, which can prove that we are in good competitive condition at least. I' ll try my best in the next match," Lin referred to the coming semifinal against Lee.

135608845_14714801154941n.jpg

Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei competes during the men's badminton singles quarterfinal against Chou Tien Chen of Chinese Taipei at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on Aug. 17, 2016. Lee Chong Wei won the match with 2:0. (Xinhua/Lin Yiguang)

chen-long-of-china-hits-a-return-against-son-wanho-of-south-korea-picture-id488857594

China's Chen Long cruised through Son Wan Ho of South Korea 21-11, 18-21, 21-11, and his opponent in the semifinal will be Viktor Axelsen of Denmark, who defeated Britain's Rajiv Ouseph 21-12, 21-16.

Table Tennis WORLD CHAMPIONS - Clean Sweep

20160818115051433.gif

20160818072934689.gif

The Kings

20160818092300791.jpg

20160818094443337.jpg

The Queens

chinese-women-defends-table-tennis-gold-in-style-in-rio-ittf.jpg

39518693_-_17_08_2016_-_olympics-rio-tabletennis-w-team_1.jpg

China take men's team title to repeat gold sweep at Olympic table tennis (updated)
Source: Xinhua | 2016-08-18 11:18:08 | Editor: huaxia

135610732_14714901758401n.jpg

(From L to R) China's Ma Long, Xu Xin and Zhang Jike attend the awarding ceremony for the men's team gold medal match of Tabel Tennis at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on Aug. 17, 2016. China won the gold medal. (Xinhua/Yin Bogu)

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- China added a men's team gold medal here on Wednesday to sweep titles of the Olympic table tennis competitions for the third straight time.

The all-time leading Chinese men's team, twice champions at as many previous Olympic Games after the team events took the place of doubles since Beijing 2008, claimed a 3-1 victory in the final over Japan, who made history by reaching an Olympic final of men's table tennis.

It was the 28th gold medal won by China since the sport was introduced at the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games.

World No. 1 Ma Long, who came out the fifth Grand Slam man after crowned at singles in Rio, scored two points in Wednesday evening's final to lift the whole team up.

The 28-year-old started strong as the first positioned singles player, overcoming a mid-way blast and some netballs from the 22nd-ranked Koki Niwa, just 21 years old, to win in straight sets, 11-6, 11-9, 11-6.

To follow up Ma in the second game, Xu Xin, the sole penholder in this Chinese squad, stumbled against Japan's top male paddler Jun Mizutani, conceding the first set 12-10 and the second 11-9 though having pulled back five scores in a row from trailing 5-1.

The 26-year-old world No. 3 reopened the game in style, leading 6-0 into the third set before letting go just three points of 11-point format.

Tying it 2-2 with a 11-7 fourth set, Xu led 10-8 in the fifth and decider but Mizutani, ranked sixth in the world, served to tie 10-10 before taking it 12-10 to force at least four games.

The following doubles went also intense as Xu, pairing up with China's another active Grand Slam winner Zhang Jike, easily surrendered the first set 11-4 before launching a hard-working comeback 11-6, 11-9, 11-5.

Ma then came up on court again to play Japan's 21st-ranked Maharu Yoshimura and just proved his flying form, rounding up the match with a 11-1, 11-4, 11-4 win.

Though losing the final, Japan won their first silver medal in men's event to better Mizutani's fresh record of taking a bronze in the men's singles six days ago.

Liu Guoliang, who has been at the helm of the Chinese men's team for more than a decade, said he's happy to see a new generation growing into the leading figures of China's table tennis.

"Through these Olympics, I can surely state that we have the core of three in our team with Ma, the captain, Zhang, the soul, and Xu, the key one," said Liu.

"I'm also happy for our opponents," he added. "Congratulations to Japan. They not only contributed an exciting performance today, but also proved themselves arch-rivals to stand shoulder by shoulder with us."

"It's always a good thing to have evenly matched opponents," said Liu. "We' ll be much more motivated in improving our own game alongside with them."
Ma long need to show some respect to his Japanese opponent. I don't think his gesture in the final winning is graceful.

View attachment 326928

http://m.scmp.com/sport/china/artic...anese-team-fires-early-warning-repeat-olympic

Yes, his opponent is weak but there is no need such gesture. Karma will bite back. Unless it is the opponent who act arrogant first.

It's sports psychology. Michael Jordan trash talked and did things to break down opponent's mentality. MJ is greatest. Ma Long ranked 1 in table tennis. Lebron James same thing. trash talked break down opponent psyche. You see trend?

It's sports psychology. Michael Jordan trash talked and did things to break down opponent's mentality. MJ is greatest. Ma Long ranked 1 in table tennis. Lebron James same thing. trash talked break down opponent psyche. You see trend?

Do you think given Ma long quality do he even needs to use this kind of trick against such weak opponent? It's pure arrogant and contempt. I hope Fan Zhendong will dethrone him as world number one sooner.

In sports you let guard down you lose. Why xu xin lost to weaker Japanese opponent?
Xu xin didnt lose to a weaker opponent. Jun Mizutani will get silver if he didn't meet Gold medalist Ma Long in semi. He is second best in whole Olympic table tennis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom