What's new

Ripe for revolution?

Majority support Qadri? Do you have any stats to back this up? It's interesting you people call Pakistanis extremists but never in our history have we elected a religious government. Secular parties have always been elected.

MAJORITY????? and how did you come up with that statement!

No I don't have any Stat, however if we can consider the support for Qadri in this forum(both explicit and tacit) as a random sample, it seems liberals are minority now.

When did I call all Pakistanis extremist? I said revolution will bring extremists to the power, both in India and Pakistan.

No I don't have any Stat, however if we can consider the support for Qadri in this forum(both explicit and tacit) as a random sample, it seems liberals are minority now.

When did I call all Pakistanis extremist? I said revolution will bring extremists to the power, both in India and Pakistan.

you have no stats!! and yet you conclude things such as "tacit" support???

i think i should walkover to BR and conclude all indians are racist & anti muslims?! because that is also "explicit" & "tacit" support! :hitwall: :wave:

i think i should walkover to BR and conclude all indians are racist & anti muslims?! because that is also "explicit" & "tacit" support! :hitwall: :wave:

I don't see any Shiv Sena type of party being elected in Pakistan.

Majority support Qadri? Do you have any stats to back this up? It's interesting you people call Pakistanis extremists but never in our history have we elected a religious government. Secular parties have always been elected.

Ummmm Secular parties in Islamic republic of Pakistan...Better way of putting it would be selecting moderates over hard liners

It is but a fact that extremist are on the rise in India, however the situation is not that grave as we don't see anti-Muslim rallies in India and lawyers don't shower rose petals at anti-Muslim people.

Also BR is a closed forum of people with specific ideology(I never came across anti-Muslims stuffs there, yeah they are too jingoistic for my taste) unlike this forum where all types of people register, so BR isn't a great example of random sampling.

It is but a fact that extremist are on the rise in India, however the situation is not that grave as we don't see anti-Muslim rallies in India and lawyers don't shower rose petals at anti-Muslim people.

Also BR is a closed forum of people with specific ideology(I never came across anti-Muslims stuffs there, yeah they are too jingoistic for my taste) unlike this forum where all types of people register, so BR isn't a great example of random sampling.

yes and narinder modi & bal thackrey and their supporters are not to be considered a sample! and them giving out sweets the RSS BJP VHP are ALL TAKEN out of "your sample"

and BR is also taken out of the sample so you pick and choose while you contradict your statement by saying that that DEFENCE.PK IS MORE BROAD MINDED compared to BR.

:blah::blah: total nonsense talk! please bring some stats and facts to the table otherwise stop wasting bandwidth!

Ummmm Secular parties in Islamic republic of Pakistan...Better way of putting it would be selecting moderates over hard liners

why are indians so obsessed with words such as "secularism" and "islamic republic" and what not! its an ideology that matters and india doesn't have a secular ideology YET! and pakistan doesn't have a islamic ideology either!

why are indians so obsessed with words such as "secularism" and "islamic republic" and what not! its an ideology that matters and india doesn't have a secular ideology YET! and pakistan doesn't have a islamic ideology either!

WEll these are how you call ideologies.See Pakistan sees an Islamic identity for itself, India does not.
And yes India does not have a single secular party.I agree to that point.
All the parties are pseudo secular in India.No party actually cares for Hindus or Muslims , only for vote bank politics

Last thing you people want now is REVOLUTION of the kind mentioned in article.....Just My opinion...

Revolution to achieve what in pakistan?
You already have democracy, should try to change things through democratic means.

A highly anticipated speech by Mubarak just aired live.

Basic points*:

1) "The Only reason you protest is because I allow you to protest. You should be thanking me"

2) "You protest due to corruption. I agree, we should fight corruption and all corrupt people except me, I'm still awesome"

3) When I choose to rape you, know that it is for you own good and partially your fault"

4) "I am not to blame, the government is to blame, I'm on your side. Hence, being the dictator I am, I just cancelled government and will set up a new one tomorrow as I please"

5) "There aint no way I am leaving this post. Either deal with it and worship me, or get out of Egypt"

*paraphrased to a certain degree

Prominent Egyptian Activist Essam Sultan:

"This will be Mubarak's last speech"

Been to egypt quite recently, and found a lot of dissent in the people wrt current regime. But I could never found anybody who openly denounces Mubarak. Being a foreigner to them, I can understand that. Or may be they are too busy with their lives and businesses.

Only person I met in cairo who could talk about democracy was an old man( who looked like a writer) while waiting at bus stop. He made some disparaging remarks about egyptian army when two army trucks passed.

Egyptians are very friendly and nice people, hope they get a better govt.(And not repeat the mistake Iranians made)

there will never be a revolution in Pakistan ... why ? look at thousands of years of our history ... rising upto the might of the ruling has never been our priority . KP is the only place where u might expect something but never in Punjab and sindh as for Balochistan there aren't many people there anyway.

there will never be a revolution in Pakistan ... why ? look at thousands of years of our history ... rising upto the might of the ruling has never been our priority . KP is the only place where u might expect something but never in Punjab and sindh as for Balochistan there aren't many people there anyway.

what are you talking??, in history america super power never existed, now reason!!!

revolution will only be throught the barracks.the only organised unit in pakistan is the army.If the situation becomes so the army might have to take over .Hopefully we would make democracy work.and the need wouldnt arise for such a drastic step.

Back
Top Bottom