What's new

Rising JF-17 Jets

Man, I'm developing love for this piece of art. This is such a beautiful Aircraft. Mashallah.

Despite my hunger to love this plane, i,ve not been able to convince myself that this plane is as convincing as it should be as a multirole state of the art Jet Fighter/Bomber.

Or maybe my expectations are far beyond what this plane can do, the problem comes when i compare it with the planes of our adversaries.

Lets be honest, it cannot withstand SU30 MKI, neither it'd be able to withstand Upgraded MIG29 SMT or OVT etc.

At best it can handle Mig 21 Bisons, Mirage 2000, Jaguars etc, in my opinion it will not be able to handle LCA if LCA comes with good engine.

Its not as agile as F16, its underpowered, its radar is not as capable as it should be to compete with those in the indian SU30 MKIs or Upgraded MIG29s.

In my opinion it has relatively small wings, which look exactly like those of F7s, sometimes it looks like a Mig 21 with side air intakes and nose cone, and a radar which can utilize BVR.

I might be totally wrong however, i am not satisfied as yet, i wish i am proved wrong.

mig 29 use same engine as Jf 17( rd 93 is a improved version) and current jf 17 is the beginning give it some time than we will see about avionics they will be changed in future

I think if China get successed in developing advanced engine say of 132kN as I heard it is developing for the J-10 then with this engine and if Pak gets a RADAR of F-16 Block 52 category equivalent then it will become as capable as the fighters to which you people are comparing. Rest of the advanced avionics will be most hopefully in easy reach of Pakistan e.g. Indeginuous R & D in collaboration, Chinese and other western avionics.

mig 29 use same engine as Jf 17( rd 93 is a improved version) and current jf 17 is the beginning give it some time than we will see about avionics they will be changed in future

You are right when u say Mig 29 uses the same engine and Mig 29 is a bigger plane but Mig29 has 2 engines, so much more thrust, and i wish later blocks of JF17 will comeup with much more then what i expect from it, however, what i said is in the context of the current JF17 which is being produced by pakistan.

Its not as agile as F16, its underpowered...
In my opinion it has relatively small wings, which look exactly like those of F7s, sometimes it looks like a Mig 21 with side air intakes and nose cone, and a radar which can utilize BVR.
If it is so underpowered and not agile enough, why does TaimiKhan say the F-16 pilots love it?

Taimi Khan is a senior member and i respect his opinion, however, the reasons for the pilot's love for this aircraft are 2 i think;

1) its user interface is much better then F16 Block 15, its more like a 4.5 generation cockpit.
2) it has BVR capability.

i don't know more than this, maybe taimi khan can shed more light on this issue.

Taimi Khan is a senior member and i respect his opinion, however, the reasons for the pilot's love for this aircraft are 2 i think;

1) its user interface is much better then F16 Block 15, its more like a 4.5 generation cockpit.
2) it has BVR capability.

i don't know more than this, maybe taimi khan can shed more light on this issue.

i agree with you opnion

There is already a thread to discuss the JF-17. Anybody having "hunches" about the JF-17 should express his/her opinions there, if at all. Let's keep this one for pictures only.

Back
Top Bottom